Turbo Dyno Run... New tune = New tires!

19935.slow

Established Member
So I should stay away from radials and get atleast a 28" tall tire. What tire do you recommend? I'm between 15x8 rim or 15x10 not sure if a 10" wide wheel will fit on my car being my rear end is out of a fox body.

A radial will provide you with a little more e.t. and mph, but depending on how well your track is on average it might not be a good idea. Also it's hard for a radial to take the hit of dumping a clutch vs an auto. If you invest in some coil overs, good struts, and a roll bar your car would be solid on some radials.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks and sounds really good Brian. Congrats on the awesome numbers!! :beer: :rockon:

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
A radial will provide you with a little more e.t. and mph, but depending on how well your track is on average it might not be a good idea. Also it's hard for a radial to take the hit of dumping a clutch vs an auto. If you invest in some coil overs, good struts, and a roll bar your car would be solid on some radials.

I have everything but the roll bar you mentioned. And keep in mind I drive mostly on the street. In that case maybe I should stay with a 28" radial. I do a lot of highway driving to car shows as well thanks for all your help!

Thanks everyone. Hopefully once the weather breaks I'll be able to get some more videos!!

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
^ lol thanks!!

get some hoosier drag radials,heard they are the best hooking drag radial ,especially on the street//..

I was looking into those. Doesn't look like there is much of a tread pattern so they look sticky lol. Never heard of anyone running those.

Users who are viewing this thread