TVS Build

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I am working on ironing out some details for the build.
I got some advice from Malcolm to go with a L2 Fore system, to include 465 Walbro pumps and Fore fuel rails. I questioned the need for rails at 700hp, which he said is a gray area but he suggested it to avoid the chance of leaning out a cylinder. I can understand that, but the leap from the level 1 kit to the level 2 is a good chunk of change.
I also got a chance to talk to Pete from Performance Dyno, he suggested either Fore or Lethal fuel system would be fine. He doesnt seem to have a bias on ID1000's or 80's but he said if I have the funds the 1000's are better.
One thing that Pete said is that it wouldn't matter much for me to swap the input shaft on the trans. He said that I probably wouldnt have a problem with the 10 spline since I dont drag race or beat the car. He also said that it would be better to have the 10 spline break than to have something else in the trans break.
I think the premise is good, I'd rather replace the input shaft if I break something in the trans... but I'd hate to have to upgrade the clutch and input shaft later down the road if it breaks too easy. I guess it is gambling that I dont break the input shaft, or getting the input shaft and gambling that I don't break the trans.

Another thing Pete said was to set the 2nd pump so it isn't full time to help keep things cooler. I'm assuming this is the deadhead setup? I think the Fore level 2 comes with the extra hose for this but I might be wrong.

So in short I'll be shopping for ID1000's, I'm leaning toward the Fore... level 2 sounds good but the price is a little more than I wanted to budget for fuel.
Pete is going to send me a prepped SCT to get the car up to him, and do the tuning. I'm looking for a McLeod RXT but I'm not sure if I'll stay 10 spline. Pete said just go with SCT 3000. I think that pretty much sums it up...\

Thoughts?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Brady,
I seen that you have the fuel pressure gauge right on your pillar. That seems like a good idea, maybe you could catch it before you lost fuel. Do you have any more info on that?

MG0h3

Established Member
Second pump is triggered by a boost referenced switch.

Malcolm sells a lean protection module to protect the engine in the event of a lean condition. Ya the gauge is good but you’d have to be Johnny on the spot to catch it.

Can’t remember what Malcolm told me on the rails for my car. Stayed stock because I didn’t want to pull the blower. Didn’t seem overly concerned.

Deadhead is when the regulator is before the rails. Purpose is to return excess fuel back to the tank before it gets run through the fuel rails and gets hot

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bigmoose

Established Member
Deadhead is when the regulator is before the rails. Purpose is to return excess fuel back to the tank before it gets run through the fuel rails and gets hot

I'll expand on this more and say the regulator in our deadhead setup is out of the engine bay. Malcolmv8 showed that even the regulator in the engine bay heated the fuel a fair amount which is why it's placed in the passenger fender.

MG0h3

Established Member
I'll expand on this more and say the regulator in our deadhead setup is out of the engine bay. Malcolmv8 showed that even the regulator in the engine bay heated the fuel a fair amount which is why it's placed in the passenger fender.
Yep I agree. I mounted mine in the same spot he had his.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Brady,
I seen that you have the fuel pressure gauge right on your pillar. That seems like a good idea, maybe you could catch it before you lost fuel. Do you have any more info on that?
It's actually a oil pressure gauge. I am thinking of installing a fuel pressure gauge, but I can watch it on my aeroforce gauge. I'm also using the stock fuel rails.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03' White Snake

Established Member
I am working on ironing out some details for the build.
I got some advice from Malcolm to go with a L2 Fore system, to include 465 Walbro pumps and Fore fuel rails. I questioned the need for rails at 700hp, which he said is a gray area but he suggested it to avoid the chance of leaning out a cylinder. I can understand that, but the leap from the level 1 kit to the level 2 is a good chunk of change.
I also got a chance to talk to Pete from Performance Dyno, he suggested either Fore or Lethal fuel system would be fine. He doesnt seem to have a bias on ID1000's or 80's but he said if I have the funds the 1000's are better.
One thing that Pete said is that it wouldn't matter much for me to swap the input shaft on the trans. He said that I probably wouldnt have a problem with the 10 spline since I dont drag race or beat the car. He also said that it would be better to have the 10 spline break than to have something else in the trans break.
I think the premise is good, I'd rather replace the input shaft if I break something in the trans... but I'd hate to have to upgrade the clutch and input shaft later down the road if it breaks too easy. I guess it is gambling that I dont break the input shaft, or getting the input shaft and gambling that I don't break the trans.

Another thing Pete said was to set the 2nd pump so it isn't full time to help keep things cooler. I'm assuming this is the deadhead setup? I think the Fore level 2 comes with the extra hose for this but I might be wrong.

So in short I'll be shopping for ID1000's, I'm leaning toward the Fore... level 2 sounds good but the price is a little more than I wanted to budget for fuel.
Pete is going to send me a prepped SCT to get the car up to him, and do the tuning. I'm looking for a McLeod RXT but I'm not sure if I'll stay 10 spline. Pete said just go with SCT 3000. I think that pretty much sums it up...\

Thoughts?

I would trust Pete. I run the 80's and BA3000 maf. Runs like stock with Pete's tuning.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Anyone know what pullies I should run on the TVS? Pump 93 and E85 tunes.
Thanks

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone know what pullies I should run on the TVS? Pump 93 and E85 tunes.
Thanks

A 3" upper and stock lower I was seeing 18lbs with stock manifolds. On the corn I'm running a 2.6 pulley. I've since added headers so my boost dropped 1psi.

You have to decide what boost you want to run. I prefer staying at 17lbs on 91-93 fuel. On the corn 20-22lbs is a sweet spot.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I have a 2.8 I was hoping would work for 93 octane, and I was thinking of getting something else for E85... I'm guessing a 2.6 is the norm?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 2.8 I was hoping would work for 93 octane, and I was thinking of getting something else for E85... I'm guessing a 2.6 is the norm?
A 2.8 I'm at 19lbs with headers. You might see 20lbs with that pulley.

You should buy a 3.00" maybe even a 3.1" for 93 tune.

cj428mach

Established Member
I believe if you go stock rails and are running E85 you must go dead head configuration. There was a member Txengrd that battled fuel pressure issues and cavitation trying to run E85 in a conventional return system. The problem was using the tiny FRPS hole as a return wasn't large enough to get the fuel out of the rails and back to the tank. If you run dead head then this isn't an issue.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe if you go stock rails and are running E85 you must go dead head configuration. There was a member Txengrd that battled fuel pressure issues and cavitation trying to run E85 in a conventional return system. The problem was using the tiny FRPS hole as a return wasn't large enough to get the fuel out of the rails and back to the tank. If you run dead head then this isn't an issue.
I never had that problem. I ran e85 on 19lbs with stock rails and fore level 1 kit.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
3.0 upper 4lb lower on corn all day. Big block torque and tons of fun.

I switch to the 3.3 upper for winter time storage on 93.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It's actually a oil pressure gauge. I am thinking of installing a fuel pressure gauge, but I can watch it on my aeroforce gauge. I'm also using the stock fuel rails.

Brady did you tap in below your filter? I want to by the add on for my aeroforce gauge for oil pressure. But I’m OCD and still want the factory one to work even though it’s not accurate lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Brady did you tap in below your filter? I want to by the add on for my aeroforce gauge for oil pressure. But I’m OCD and still want the factory one to work even though it’s not accurate lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I retained factory gauge. There is another hole to use.
IMAG1855_zps4hjuhr6o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread