TVS Build

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I dug into the car today, I got as far as dropping the transmission. I am replacing the clutch, flywheel, TOB, sleeve, pilot bearing, pivot ball, quadrant and cable, adding firewall adjuster.
The intent is to get the clutch swapped out and put some miles on it to break the clutch in before putting on the supercharger so that I'll be ready to drive it up for a dyno right away when the supercharger and fuel system gets installed.

My list of parts so far:
TVS 2.3
Accufab TB
SCT3000 MAF
Level 2 Fore return kit with fuel rails
ID1000's
McLeod RXT
TOB, pilot bearing, TOB sleeve
Clutch cable, quadrant, adjuster, adjustable pivot ball
Input shaft, bearing and shim kit

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
A few pictures. Nothing special nobody has seen before.

HyZ3_9wRE8k-5l_d1i8k1UWdNobVkHrfFWtc-0dtwExqlzOo74iuy0SRIw2gHTsejryLOjMmGGPqv6SugQ=w1266-h949-no.jpg

WzLPud22H3KCmutRjj1NITn6ckM9ePWsFvxjCRlOJ8Sz9SogAARNgv94Jg2EWdOZUgYdbJieEhuLS-gDhM=w1266-h949-no.jpg

e9AAGJ78Upqy-moVHwp2hb4apYLG-ynlxIHD_G6VPNc_ZRwjutKsqhwRkLaGvs7cqeDLlU1XqmfkzCtfAg=w1266-h949-no.jpg
UqFCNFENNjSXtXM9tQrzo8_3enhg0AkAeiYMzWT4Ly0jupW7979WQnkUI75_lFQvFRGZDYSiKjY2NJ2xmwE=w712-h949-no.jpg
sgwaq5ydhe_pXrVoKeSkRV-ChL-CFBZP8-UFCBzjMRYx6mLApSxbnWIlEWhNPbjfCYgVcm6aNgoh-PoMqg=w1266-h949-no.jpg
NcaNV6wz6FyA4Gt_dGC_iFihPsWGuLw_UbdYQE8QjmQ_Jv5nmSgRlACE34glAgkNIDcm3W50i4cvXU6LA=w360-h640-k-no.jpg

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
It was easier than I thought it would be. Everything came loose pretty easy. The transmission bellhousing top bolts were terrible at first. I broke a swivel before realizing I needed to release the transmission support and tilt it back. Then I came in from behind with around 24" of extension and another swivel. It came right out.
I also thought the exhaust bolts would be the worst and they turned right out without a problem.
I think when I do the install I need to get the crank to stop spinning so I can properly torque the bolts down.

Also. I have the stock flywheel out. I think I am just going to either turn it or send it to McLeod. I heard you can turn it once, and you can have the friction plate replaced once. Anyone able to confirm?

For the install, I assume loctight on the flywheel, clutch, driveshaft ect?

MG0h3

Established Member
The McLeod instructions will state where to use loctite on their supplied hardware.

Yes and yes on the flywheel and DS. Blue.

Don’t forget to order a new gasket for the pass side manifold/collector. They are reusable but an older one should be replaced.

I throw a light bead of high temp rtv on as well.

I’ve got a tool for holding/spinning the flywheel but a large flat blade or prybar on the ring gear works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I’ve got a tool for holding/spinning the flywheel but a large flat blade or prybar on the ring gear works fine.

You can make your own too. Get some flat steel plate, I used 3/16", and just use an angle grinder to cut out a piece. Then cut teeth on one end that'll mesh into the flywheel and drill holes to bolt to the block. It locks the flywheel from turning and makes life so much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread