Tvs help quick!!!!

gr850

Established Member
Just installed my TVS on my 2012 and I'm not getting any boost. I dont hear a vacum leak. The line from the pax side of the blower to the top of boost bypass and line from the intake to the lower correct?

When I shut the engine off I get a pssst. I also do not have the tune yet. The dyno shop is about 10 miles away.

Tks

Svt Shelby

Established Member
The vac lines are correct, how does it idle? How much throttle did you give it? Mine only makes boost about 1/2 or more throttle.

gr850

Established Member
The vac lines are correct, how does it idle? How much throttle did you give it? Mine only makes boost about 1/2 or more throttle.

Your spot on. I was being paranoid. I guess the TVS doesn't bring boost on as guick as the eaton. I was just barely cracking the throttle at idle. I drove down the road and goosed it. When it does come on it really comes on.

Man, I removed everything again to get to the bypass to check everything.

Alright, it's back into the garage until the easy trip to the dyno Monday!!!!!

Feel like a kid on Christmas morning:banana:

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
You are still on the stock tune??? If so, you dont wanna be getting in boost very often at all if any until you get your dyno tune.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Also the stock boost gauge is not the best one to gauge boost by. Make sure you get your tune in. Will truly enjoy this blower.

gr850

Established Member
ARGGGH!

Day 3 strapped on the dyno. Remote tune. One and half day due to lack of an x3, yeh i know, should have been figured out up front. Now friggin SCT can't get the firmware and crap updated. My dyno guy has 10+hrs into this mess. Mainly sitting around babysitting and waiting on SCT to get thier act together and failed installs. They have remoted into his laptop and all. The tuner is very reputable and is not happy either. Me? So used to this type of shit occuring that it is no surprise.

Upon doing some research the x3 for 11-12's require a critical update. Understand shit happens. But why not recall those programmers that have not been sold and fix? They put the burden on to the tuners which costs them. Time is $$.

freakin pissed.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Fyi, it takes less than 15 minutes to do the firmware update.

SCT has un-borked a number of these. I'm surprised they're having an issue that would take so much time.

Give me a shout if we can be of any assistance.

Bj

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

Kenneth

Established Member
At first when they (SCT) remote updated my programmer, they were having trouble re-installing the firmware.

They endede up having to disable the virus protection on my computer for the update to go through.
Maybe your having the same problem, and it's being overlooked.

gr850

Established Member
Fyi, it takes less than 15 minutes to do the firmware update.

SCT has un-borked a number of these. I'm surprised they're having an issue that would take so much time.

Give me a shout if we can be of any assistance.

Bj

Thanks BJ.
You were on my A list but do to proximity of the dyno, 10 miles away, I chose this route. I've got to give the benefit of doubt to these guys. Both because of the rep of the tuner and the fact that SCT has been involved. And at this point I've little choice....unless this goes on too mch longer.

Yes, I've been very concerned about the time. My dyno guy hasn't been impressed with the support from SCT; he said they've been working it more than he, albeit slowly. I'm optimistic........no choice right now:shrug:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sorry about your luck op..but for future reference do everything right the 1st time. No one wants to buy a $50k plus car an then cut corners on the mods an tuning. Then end up where you are right now. Good luck hope it all works out.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thanks BJ.
You were on my A list but do to proximity of the dyno, 10 miles away, I chose this route. I've got to give the benefit of doubt to these guys. Both because of the rep of the tuner and the fact that SCT has been involved. And at this point I've little choice....unless this goes on too mch longer.

Yes, I've been very concerned about the time. My dyno guy hasn't been impressed with the support from SCT; he said they've been working it more than he, albeit slowly. I'm optimistic........no choice right now:shrug:

Gotcha. You know how to reach me should you hit a roadblock.
:banghead:
Bj

Users who are viewing this thread