Twin turbo or SC

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I was actually making fun of the title which was corrected by a mod apparently. I think it's definitely easier to go hellion twin to put you in 9's. but it could definitely be had with a supercharger like the Paxton(for cheaper), although not nearly as easy as a turbo setup

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
go with a ysi...

Actually the way to go would be the JT competition kit or the 2200 Competition Kit.

The YSI takes a much bigger investment to make it able to spin fast enough to get the most out of it.

In addition to it having a higher peak efficiency rpm, the clock speed on the blower is slower, so it takes an even smaller pulley to get you there.

Many more things are needed to get the YSI to the rpm you need.

If consistent low 9's is your game, the JT or 2200 Competition kit is the way to go.

They come with the 8 rib upgrade, and a competition inlet already (which you'll still want to pull off at the track for an extra 1 to 1.5 psi.

We ran consistent low 9's on the JT all last year.

Best bang for the buck.

OP, hit me up for any help you need. We have more experience than anyone with these kits, and more quick passes than anyone.

The turbo's just won't spool up enough to get as good of 60's as you can with the s/c. And cost factor as well. The competition kit will still be way cheaper than the turbo.

Last edited:

CSG

Established Member
High nines & mid-nines are fairly easy to accomplish. Low nines are a different story. How about the OP provide us with some details on what the total combination including car weight will be...

coyote302

Established Member
Actually the way to go would be the JT competition kit or the 2200 Competition Kit.

The YSI takes a much bigger investment to make it able to spin fast enough to get the most out of it.

In addition to it having a higher peak efficiency rpm, the clock speed on the blower is slower, so it takes an even smaller pulley to get you there.

Many more things are needed to get the YSI to the rpm you need.

If consistent low 9's is your game, the JT or 2200 Competition kit is the way to go.

They come with the 8 rib upgrade, and a competition inlet already (which you'll still want to pull off at the track for an extra 1 to 1.5 psi.

We ran consistent low 9's on the JT all last year.

Best bang for the buck.

OP, hit me up for any help you need. We have more experience than anyone with these kits, and more quick passes than anyone.

The turbo's just won't spool up enough to get as good of 60's as you can with the s/c. And cost factor as well. The competition kit will still be way cheaper than the turbo.

thank you for those info Beef.... are the comp 2200 kit have exactly the same head unit and are they SL or we have to punch the oil pan ....

poof100

Established Member

We shall see about that.

Too bad that Devil's reject couldn't drive, so we can't drag it down the track, especially with selling the car for a Viper :shrug::kaboom:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thank you for those info Beef.... are the comp 2200 kit have exactly the same head unit and are they SL or we have to punch the oil pan ....

The 2200 competition kit, and JT are both oil fed kits. The head units are very similar. The Paxton has a "better looking" rear case, but the JT trim is a better sounding gear cut. I prefer the JT if going with a competition kit.

The Paxton if going with an entry level setup.

We shall see about that.

Too bad that Devil's reject couldn't drive, so we can't drag it down the track, especially with selling the car for a Viper :shrug::kaboom:

We have already seen that, for the last 3 years...................

lol

The paxtons have been outrunning the turbo since day 1. Without a transbrake, in general, the turbo's are at a disadvantage.

In all honesty, big deal if 1 turbo car comes out that can run with the cars.

IN GENERAL, the Paxton's / Vortech's are running circles around the turbo's. I mean, the cars have been out for close to 3 1/2 years. It's not like they were released yetereday.

So, we have SEEN.. ;)

poof100

Established Member
The 2200 competition kit, and JT are both oil fed kits. The head units are very similar. The Paxton has a "better looking" rear case, but the JT trim is a better sounding gear cut. I prefer the JT if going with a competition kit.

The Paxton if going with an entry level setup.

We have already seen that, for the last 3 years...................

lol

The paxtons have been outrunning the turbo since day 1. Without a transbrake, in general, the turbo's are at a disadvantage.

In all honesty, big deal if 1 turbo car comes out that can run with the cars.

IN GENERAL, the Paxton's / Vortech's are running circles around the turbo's. I mean, the cars have been out for close to 3 1/2 years. It's not like they were released yetereday.

So, we have SEEN.. ;)

Like I said, we shall see. We wanted to drag that Devil's Turd Paxton car, but since they can't drive, all for nothing :dw: lol

Maybe we can line up with Dorothy instead, remember STREET cars :beer: lol

And you might get your wish with the Turbo/Transbrake. :burnout: :uh oh:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Like I said, we shall see. We wanted to drag that Devil's Turd Paxton car, but since they can't drive, all for nothing :dw: lol

Maybe we can line up with Dorothy instead, remember STREET cars :beer: lol

And you might get your wish with the Turbo/Transbrake. :burnout: :uh oh:

LOL, of course you'd want some of our slow car.......

marjor1973

Established Member
Tks very much for the info!!!
I will contact you soon!

actually the way to go would be the jt competition kit or the 2200 competition kit.

The ysi takes a much bigger investment to make it able to spin fast enough to get the most out of it.

Many more things are needed to get the ysi to the rpm you need.

If consistent low 9's is your game, the jt or 2200 competition kit is the way to go.

We ran consistent low 9's on the jt all last year.

Best bang for the buck.

Op, hit me up for any help you need. We have more experience than anyone with these kits, and more quick passes than anyone.

poof100

Established Member
LOL, of course you'd want some of our slow car.......

Slow car??? , I thought it had the super duper JT trim on it? LOL. :rockon:

I think it's only fair, Street Car with a Stick against your Street Car.

Your Blue RACE Car against another certain Turbo car? :burnout:

All in good fun, maybe we can do something for BG. :beer:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Slow car??? , I thought it had the super duper JT trim on it? LOL. :rockon:

I think it's only fair, Street Car with a Stick against your Street Car.

Your Blue RACE Car against another certain Turbo car? :burnout:

All in good fun, maybe we can do something for BG. :beer:

Last I heard the blue RACE car was still a STREET car with full interior, A/C, radio, etc :shrug: Or did Beef finally decide to put that pig on a diet and strip it out?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Last I heard the blue RACE car was still a STREET car with full interior, A/C, radio, etc :shrug: Or did Beef finally decide to put that pig on a diet and strip it out?

Maybe you missed his last Build update its anything but a street car currently.

his red car on the other hand is totally classified as a street car.

:beer:

The Turbos are coming around. The (paxton) track times are impressive for sure (i mean we put a stock engine in the 9.6s a year ago) but when you drive a turbo on the street vs a paxton thats a horse of a different story.

Honestly you cant go wrong with either but my personal pick would be a turbo for a bunch of reasons.

In the end the Choice is yours all the systems have ups and downs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread