Twin Turbo

boostingwild

Established Member
I am on the fence on what to do next. Car is maxed out on stock motor (rods) .. any more and ill throw a rod thru the block.

Do i take this apart and build it or should i go jump into another platform?

i want a 155-160mph trap car.

So, I've been thinking about twin turbo route. Anyone have any insight on this?

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I am on the fence on what to do next. Car is maxed out on stock motor (rods) .. any more and ill throw a rod thru the block.

Do i take this apart and build it or should i go jump into another platform?

i want a 155-160mph trap car.

So, I've been thinking about twin turbo route. Anyone have any insight on this?

U can get that either from a big blower or Turbo route, u will likely end up needing a custom turbo kit of sorts as no one makes a off the shelf kit for the 13/14 cars yet. Either way u will need to build the motor up along with a lot of other areas to support this kinda reliable power. U can either try a 6R80 swap or TH400? for a street car. A Glide will end up probably making it a track only car from what ive seen. Unless u have $40,000+ ready i dont see u building this car from a 100% stock 13GT500 to a reliable 160mph car.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
U can get that either from a big blower or Turbo route, u will likely end up needing a custom turbo kit of sorts as no one makes a off the shelf kit for the 13/14 cars yet. Either way u will need to build the motor up along with a lot of other areas to support this kinda reliable power. U can either try a 6R80 swap or TH400? for a street car. A Glide will end up probably making it a track only car from what ive seen. Unless u have $40,000+ ready i dont see u building this car from a 100% stock 13GT500 to a reliable 160mph car.

Side note, the road is long to a reliable and nice 160mph car, make sure u know what ur getting into before u do it and loose a buncha money as very very few people will buy project cars with $100k price tags. A coyote will get u that goal a bit cheaper, too.

Last edited:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
You know, a while back somebody posted a 2013 gt500 modded with twin turbos. Car had a whole different instrument panel and everything. I can't find the thread though. Looked like a pretty sweet setup, I think he was over 1200hp if I remember correctly.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No other platform will get your results for less money than just upgrading the lower end and picking a bigger power adder---modded Gen II TVS, big Screw blower or custom turbo kit, single or twins both options but twins package easier.
-J

Van@RevanRacing

For the first time ever!! Kenne Bell is having a 15% off sale on ALL Supercharger Kits! 03/04 Cobra, 05-10 Mustang GT, GT500, 11-14 Mustang GT and 2015+ Mustang GT Kits. All 15% Off! We can even customize the kit to your specific needs. If you don't see a particular supercharger kit listed on the Revan Racing Website please give us a call so we can personalize your kit! Sale Ends January 3, 2016!! Many have asked for a sale on 3.6 GT500 Kits for many years and the time has finally come! 561-445-7702

Users who are viewing this thread