TwinTurbo GT350? Yes Plz.

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
Saw this at cars & coffee today here in ABQ. Even tho I'm a GM pleb these days...I have to admit it made me feel a little funny in the pants.

[video=youtube;uOdunxMog5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOdunxMog5k[/video]

28652985153_637295d147_c.jpg

jcosta79

Established Member
Uh, why? High revving N/A is what this car is all about. Turbos just don't seem right.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Saw this at cars & coffee today here in ABQ. Even tho I'm a GM pleb these days...I have to admit it made me feel a little funny in the pants.

[video=youtube;uOdunxMog5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOdunxMog5k[/video]

View attachment 73023
Sweet this must be the hellion twin setup airing on spike tomorrow morning..can not wait to see the results

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Uh, why? High revving N/A is what this car is all about. Turbos just don't seem right.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk
What's not right about 700whp+?

This is a badass setup, making that kinda power all the way to 8200+ is ridiculous and "right" in every conceivable way. :D

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

SlowSVT

Established Member
What's not right about 700whp+?

This is a badass setup, making that kinda power all the way to 8200+ is ridiculous and "right" in every conceivable way. :D

Is that running pump gas? A new GT350 engine from Ford cost $28K. Better to wait for the new GT500 that will make that kind of hp right "out-of-the-box".

The 350 is a corner carver where that much of power can conspire against you especially in a turbo car with a "hockey stick" powerband.

Last edited:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
So what did this thing make power wise? I missed the airing due to work travel, but it is not available until 9/4.

Snoopy49

Established Member
694 HP
600 TQ
7 lbs. Boost

723.97 HP
654 TQ
9 lbs. Boost

According to Engine Power on Spike last night.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The 350 is a corner carver where that much of power can conspire against you especially in a turbo car with a "hockey stick" powerband.

The GT350 doesn't start making power till up in the RPM range, these smaller turbos will make the powerband better, everywhere.

It will be a beast.

As for cost of replacement, agreed. Pay to play, people modded z06s and got ****ed left and right with the countless failures. Not a cheap engine either!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bpmurr

Established Member
While it's great the motor might be able to handle more power how does this really help make it a better car on the track? While it will have more power across the band is the car setup to take advantage of it? Will it be able to last just as long on the track before heat becomes an issue?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What impresses me is the torque number and how it continues to climb as the horsepower seems to drop of at around 5500.

Voltwings

Established Member
What impresses me is the torque number and how it continues to climb as the horsepower seems to drop of at around 5500.

You're reading it backwards. Torque is falling at 5500, HP is flat lining. The scales are different on either side of the graph, makes looking at it screwy.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
You're reading it backwards. Torque is falling at 5500, HP is flat lining. The scales are different on either side of the graph, makes looking at it screwy.

I thought the same as well but i think he may be right. Dark blue line is HP.

Users who are viewing this thread