Two dead cylinders... I need help....

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I'm stumped too brother. It just doesn't make sense to me. The only thing that echoes in my head is what Stan stated earlier about swapping out the full set of COP's in hopes that another bad one is inducing this issue.

At any rate the leakdown will tell all. I wish I were close enough to lend a hands on for you.

That's one thing I haven't tried. After I get the cam cover back on I'll swap all the GMS coils for the stockers and see what happens.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you're gonna do that put two more new plugs in the #5 & 6 spots just for sh*ts and grins maybe. I feel bad that I'm not able to help you more Spencer. One way or another though, we'll figure it out. :thumbsup:

FordFanStan

Established Member
The leak down will tell alot more than the compression...

All I can suggest as of now, (long day at work without lunch just finishing up and not thinking right haha), is the leak down and swapping all the coils...

After that all that I can suggest is taking it to a dealer and having them diagnose with the Ford IDS software. They can test every system with that software and a lot of times it will pull up codes or faults when the SCT and other softwares we have won't. I would suggest trying to get ahold of one of the masters though, not just any tech, (sorry if that offends any techs here)... Stan

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I just got done putting everything back together. I put all the stock COP's back in instead of the GMS COP's and still no change. I also tried all three of my different tunes and it ran the same with all of them. I'm gonna drive it to the base tomorrow and do a leak-down test at the auto hobby shop. I'll also compression test all of the cylinders with all the spark plugs removed and see what readings I get. Please look at these pics and tell me if maybe you see something I don't...

Valves.gif

Valves1.gif

Valves2.gif

Valves3.gif

Valves4.gif

Valves5.gif

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
IDK if a leak down test is gona show to much, you said the coolent looks good and no smoke, how does the oil look and milkshake like oil? Swap in some new plugs in like the others have said.

ecoastkid

Established Member
still not convinsed its not the ECU....the resistance the COP puts back could change things if an injector driver is failing....Wish it was easy to just trade and test the ECU.

Users who are viewing this thread