Two News Vans Racing!!!

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
Well, I wasn't going to post this but who cares. This is video of two news vans covering the opening of El Paso Motorplex(which is not fully functional yet) and with some prompting from the crowd and others, decided to take a spin down the 1/4 mile. One of the drivers got fired for this BTW and the other just received some sort of disciplinary action.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ioHh4a5C-9g[/ame]

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
Made it to CNN

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=BE060G7Mc_Y"]YouTube - KDBC vs KVIA on CNN[/ame]

Lightmare

Banned
wow, that lady said she didn't know it was legal to drag race anywhere......

That just goes to show you how stupid these archors are that scare the general public. To relate two vehicles on a legal drag strip to what I presume was 2 ricers cutting the gap in dense traffic, is what I've come to expect from the media. Which is why I don't listen to their babbling nonsense.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So I can agree that racing with company vans isn't usually cool with the employers, but weren't they ON a drag strip? They didn't race on some public road, right? I don't understand why this was on CNN to begin with, and how it directly relates to El Paso street racing. :shrug:

Lightmare

Banned
So I can agree that racing with company vans isn't usually cool with the employers, but weren't they ON a drag strip? They didn't race on some public road, right? I don't understand why this was on CNN to begin with, and how it directly relates to El Paso street racing. :shrug:

It doesn't. The news is just about ratings. They will lie and exaggerate their way to it, it doesn't matter.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Saw that on the news this morning in Dallas. They said the drivers were in BIG trouble with their employers. The one that won should get a raise..LOL!

25thmustang

Drag Racer
Established Member
80? My dads 95 F150 trapped high 70s, a news van couldn't be doing more than 60-65.

Calypso Vert

Established Member
Haha I was there and it was hilarious to see. We have had so many street racing accidents here lately, I am not surprised they tried to throw in the news kick on illegal street races. Gotta boost the ratings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread