UFC 151 "CANCELLED" - Phone conference with Dana White

Yellow03snake

Established Member
lmao jon is laughing at this right now... i was talking to him about it earlier... his words "why fight someone with a style you were not training to fight in the first place" dana isnt really pissed.. its a publicity stunt and thats that.. i grew up with jon and will still be his biggest fan

So he finds it funny to be the least popular fighter in the UFC, and now just lost his last 2-3 fans in the world, then cost travelers, other fighters on the card 100s of thousands of dollars, not to mention lost revenue for Vegas?

Brilliant!!!

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
So he finds it funny to be the least popular fighter in the UFC, and now just lost his last 2-3 fans in the world, then cost travelers, other fighters on the card 100s of thousands of dollars, not to mention lost revenue for Vegas?

Brilliant!!!

People will hate him no matter what. He can't win with majority of fans so it doesn't matter.

If he took the fight and destroyed Sonnen within 30 secs of the 1st round then he gets less respect for taking an "easy fight" with a lesser ranked none-contender. If Sonnen pulls out a miracle win and Jones loses than that invalidates his entire career cause he lost to a heavy underdog.

You can't blame the guy for wanting to fight TOP COMPETITION. His career thus far he has fault legends of the sport and former champs. There is nothing to be gained by fighting Sonnen and everything to lose.

Sonnen on the other hand gets a gift wrapped title shot, a whole bunch of publicity, street cred and a nice payday. He knows he would lose badly to jones. The only way he can stay relevant is to run his mouth. I would fight Jones too if it meant getting publicity and a payday.

It was a stupid fight and not good for the UFC. Its supposed to be a legitimate combat sport where you go through the ranks in your class in a quest for the title. The belt is meaningless if there is no contention process, this isn't the WWE. :bored:

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
1) UFC should stop watering down cards by only putting 1 big fight on the card

2) Glad Machida didn't take the fight as he will definitely need a full camp to improve his last outing against Jon Jones

3) Jon Jones chumped out against an easy fight against Sonnen

4) Many fighters are out of a paycheck and many fans are in non-refundable money situations to see the fight because Jon Jones didn't want to fight and also because UFC are making weak cards

5) War Vitor. Showing the old breed fighters always show up to fight

Last edited:

96juicedGT

Established Member
Sucks for sure for the people out cash whether it be the fighters or the viewers. I have much more respect for Sonnen now though.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Sucks for sure for the people out cash whether it be the fighters or the viewers. I have much more respect for Sonnen now though.

I don't see whats to respect. He knows he can't win, only reason he took the fight is for publicity and cash. Only way he can stay relevant is to run his mouth.

He has lost at middle weight 5 times already. What sense does it make for him to move up a weight class and fight the top ranked guy in the world? I repeat, this is not the WWE. :smmon:

Mattio

Established Member
IMO you dont turn down a fight in JJ's position, youre there to defend it from anyone. Second, Chael would be the guy to turn the fight down. He's a champ for accepting a fight with JJ at such short notice. Keep in mind JJ was training the whole time for a title fight, Chael was not.
Finally, Chael's twittler cracked me up, He mentioned 3 days ago, "I KNOW you will never fight me. Dont be afraid. But I'll always be the monster in the closet of your mind, little JJ."
also, "30 min to cement your legacy. Champ or Coward? I make a lot more than you do... Show up in 8 days and i'll give you my purse."

gamebred26

Established Member
People will hate him no matter what. He can't win with majority of fans so it doesn't matter.

If he took the fight and destroyed Sonnen within 30 secs of the 1st round then he gets less respect for taking an "easy fight" with a lesser ranked none-contender. If Sonnen pulls out a miracle win and Jones loses than that invalidates his entire career cause he lost to a heavy underdog.

You can't blame the guy for wanting to fight TOP COMPETITION. His career thus far he has fault legends of the sport and former champs. There is nothing to be gained by fighting Sonnen and everything to lose.

Sonnen on the other hand gets a gift wrapped title shot, a whole bunch of publicity, street cred and a nice payday. He knows he would lose badly to jones. The only way he can stay relevant is to run his mouth. I would fight Jones too if it meant getting publicity and a payday.

It was a stupid fight and not good for the UFC. Its supposed to be a legitimate combat sport where you go through the ranks in your class in a quest for the title. The belt is meaningless if there is no contention process, this isn't the WWE. :bored:

Fighters fight. Period. He's being a bitch.

He would of made fans if he took the fight. Your theory makes no sense. Show up whoop Chaels ass and go home.

Different styles? Sonnen and Hendo are the same lol. Ground and pound dumb wrestlers. He would of wrecked Hendo as well.

No one is beating Bones for a very long time not at LH.

But the dude has a character issue..and a ****** trainer.

Last edited:

dark-knight

Established Member
Sonnen just wants publicity and a check so he's gonna run his mouth like always. He doesnt deserve a title shot at all.

And everyone saying jones is a chump for not taking the fight. why? he was gonna fight hendo (three time world champ), machida (former champ & undefeated for a good bit), and now belfort. why should he fight someone thats only known for runnin his mouth?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I don't blame them. At his age this might be the last title shot he gets if he looses. I think a fully trained machida is gonna give jones a damn good fight this next time.

I disagree. Machida is giving up way too much height and reach in addition to his wrestling absolutely sucks which is key to shutting down Jones wrestling. It's going to take someone with a simliar size/reach in order to really challenge him. There is always that punchers chance someone can catch him of course, but it's unlikely because most people will be punching in an upwards direction at him and it's hard to catch anyone like that.

Fighters fight. Period. He's being a bitch.

Well, I wouldn't say he's being a "bitch" persay, but he's definetely drinking his own koolaid trying to build a legacy and beating Ortiz's record. He doesn't want to do that on what he percieves as easy fights or rematches because he doesn't want anyone questioning his "greatness" as he puts it.

In my opinion, we won't see Jones dominated by anyone until he moves up to heavyweight where he will meet guys with his height/reach stats and he won't be able to throw around a HW so easily with his wrestling. Jones is a bully in the LHW division at the moment.

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
The UFC is won't last very much longer. It seems to have lost all of it's appeal. Boring ass fights with the same 3-4 washed up has been fighters (Mir, BJ Penn, Henderson). I remember a few years ago people would have huge parties and we would all get together to watch the fights. Now i couldn't tell you the last time i've even bothered to watch a preview. I think the constant repeats on Spike Tv and several other networks have helped to water down and "play out" the UFC.

gamebred26

Established Member
I disagree. Machida is giving up way too much height and reach in addition to his wrestling absolutely sucks which is key to shutting down Jones wrestling. It's going to take someone with a simliar size/reach in order to really challenge him. There is always that punchers chance someone can catch him of course, but it's unlikely because most people will be punching in an upwards direction at him and it's hard to catch anyone like that.

Well, I wouldn't say he's being a "bitch" persay, but he's definetely drinking his own koolaid trying to build a legacy and beating Ortiz's record. He doesn't want to do that on what he percieves as easy fights or rematches because he doesn't want anyone questioning his "greatness" as he puts it.

In my opinion, we won't see Jones dominated by anyone until he moves up to heavyweight where he will meet guys with his height/reach stats and he won't be able to throw around a HW so easily with his wrestling. Jones is a bully in the LHW division at the moment.

Bitch...spoiled baby...self centered thinks he's running the show.

He's not taking the fight..not cause hes scared ( no cage fighter is scared to get in the ring ) not cause of styles...not cause he wants more of a challenge ( who wants to fight to lose?? ).

He's not taking it cause HE DOESNT HAVE TO..and it's not his way. Baby pussy.

gamebred26

Established Member
The UFC is won't last very much longer. It seems to have lost all of it's appeal. Boring ass fights with the same 3-4 washed up has been fighters (Mir, BJ Penn, Henderson). I remember a few years ago people would have huge parties and we would all get together to watch the fights. Now i couldn't tell you the last time i've even bothered to watch a preview. I think the constant repeats on Spike Tv and several other networks have helped to water down and "play out" the UFC.

i agree boxing still rules always has always will!!!

they need to bring back superfights..catch weight tournaments...grand prix etc.

like PRIDE did. crazy rule fights..let a guy wear a gi.

something it needs more gimic type shit.

head butts and knees and foot stomps etc.

taking away the head butt ruined it in my opinion. opened up the door for the lay and pray and now they stand them up.

put me in your guard i will have you swallowing your own blood with a broken nose in 2 seconds.

MARK COLEMAN used to work that shit!

lxboy

Established Member
To me this isnt just a UFC problem but a professional sports problem in general. These guys get paid too much and dont have respect for the people (Fans) that are filling their wallets.

This is why boxing isnt what it used to be, guys trying to pad their record and shying away from anything that isnt in their confort zone.

of course i understand why JJ wouldnt want to take this fight, but the fact is you are paid to be an entertainer. When there is an opportunity to make the show go on take it.

Not too mention your the baddest light heavy weight in the world but wont fight a middle weight who lost his last how many bouts??

Worried about what people will think fighting lessor competition? Dont back out of the fight, get in there and knock his head off in the 1st round or put him in the ER to let everyone know.

Users who are viewing this thread