Ugh. Can I get a definitive on 315 GS-D3's and spacers?

Bockfipher

Established Member
I really need to find a definitive answer regarding spacers for this setup. I've been reading about this for two weeks now and there doesn't seem to be a solid concrete answer. Has anyone done this setup recently that can give me a solid answer?

315/35/17 Goodyear GS-D3's
Stock springs
17x10.5 replicas from American Muscle (6.8" backspace/27mm offset),
MM IRS bolts

Thanks!

svt2ner

Established Member
Different for everyone, you wont really know until you testfit. Since youre not lowered you will need the mm irs bolts for sure. The spacers youll likely need at least a 1/4in.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I have the exact set-up.

1) 3/8" Maximum Motorsports hubcentric wheel spacers.

2) 3" wheel studs

go here: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/154993-installing-longer-wheel-studs.html

Grind down the rear IRS mount bolt heads and round the edges to keep it from shreadding your tires should it contact.

Repalce the front sub-frame mounting bolts with 9/16" grade 8+ bolts to take up on some of the clunk.

You should be good to go :beer:

oldmodman

Established Member
03 Cobra, 17x10.5 AFS wheels and Goodyear 315's. I machined my bolt heads, use 3/8 spacers, and rolled my fender lips just as a precaution since I already owned the Eastwood Fender Roller. I have never heard a scrape at full compression. The tires did not hit the fender lips even before I rolled them.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I had 17x10.5 FR500's with 315 GSD3's and MM IRS bolt. No spacers, my car was really low.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I only have to use a 1/4" spacer to run that setup. But, every car is different.

I doubt they are "hubcentric" spacers? The smallest spacers I've seen that can be hubcentric are 3/8". It's likely your spacer centers on the wheel studs and not the hub.

Tedisky

Need more Money!!!!!
Established Member
I doubt they are "hubcentric" spacers? The smallest spacers I've seen that can be hubcentric are 3/8". It's likely your spacer centers on the wheel studs and not the hub.

I will have to check on that, I haven't pulled the rear wheels in awhile....

Users who are viewing this thread