Umm...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Somebody talk some sense into me!!! I have a "lead" on a '17 GT350R that's marked up $30K over sticker. I'm considering trading the S4 for it, which would essentially be GIVING them our S4 for free! Anybody know of any better "deals" out there? Where's 13COBRA?

MastaAce03

Established Member
You're high if you do that. Just be patient and save yourself 30k. And yes, I know it's extremely hard to be patient but they won't be going out of stock.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You're right on both counts. What sucks is I know it's absolutely asinine to pay or even contemplate paying that. I've even been highly critical of people that do it, myself. Unfortunately, even though the regular GT350 sale prices are dropping, I'm not seeing the R sale prices letting up. And I know I'd be kicking myself if I paid it, but I'm being drawn in. Maybe it's the season doing it to me.

What's worse is the idea of a new GT500 coming down the pike in a couple years that obliterates the GT350(R) in every way; looks and performance.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Welp, good news [for me]. Looks like this "deal" isn't gonna happen. So I get to save my money and get to keep the S4, which we love.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't do it bro!!!
I hear a lot of stories of people either bailing on that car or not happy with it. Especially with a 30K ADM!!!!! That's insane. Don't take my word for it though,......do your own research.
Good luck!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately, even though the regular GT350 sale prices are dropping, I'm not seeing the R sale prices letting up. And I know I'd be kicking myself if I paid it, but I'm being drawn in. Maybe it's the season doing it to me.
They are definitely gorgeous cars, no doubt.
A local dealership has a beautiful R car for 30K ADM last I checked. Gorgeous looking car, but for over 100k?!?!?
Naaaaaawwww!!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Don't do it bro!!!
I hear a lot of stories of people either bailing on that car or not happy with it. Especially with a 30K ADM!!!!! That's insane. Don't take my word for it though,......do your own research.
Good luck!

Yeah, I've been reading the reports of serious quality problems. You won't catch me saying it's not a great car, but the ADMs that are being paid for a car that is still built to the quality standards of a $20K car is ridiculous. In truth, I do want the car, and I'm a little disappointed that it didn't work out, but at the same time, the price reminded me that I could get a sweet S6 just the way I want it and still have thousands of dollars leftover. Maybe this event was the catalyst to motivate me to do just that.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I've been reading the reports of serious quality problems. You won't catch me saying it's not a great car, but the ADMs that are being paid for a car that is still built to the quality standards of a $20K car is ridiculous. In truth, I do want the car, and I'm a little disappointed that it didn't work out, but at the same time, the price reminded me that I could get a sweet S6 just the way I want it and still have thousands of dollars leftover. Maybe this event was the catalyst to motivate me to do just that.
There ya go bro!!
And with those thousands lefty over, I'm sure you could get a nice tune and have some serious fun!
Good luck.

Cattivo

For the past three I was in a similar situation; lusting over a standard GT350 in Avalanche Grey with white OTS and the Convenience pack for a ridiculous $20k over MSRP. This was in spite of the fact I have a local noncommission dealer agreeing to MSRP on a Magnetic Grey with Electronics pack though it was marked at $10k over MSRP. I went back and forth with offers over MSRP for the the AG, but them jokers wouldn't budge. Thankfully, they didn't budge and two days ago I got the Magnetic for MSRP. Been on cloud 9 ever since, and feeling like I dodged a bullet. Wait it out or get a regular GT350, and you'll be thankful in the end.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I just don't see the value in the R at anything over MSRP. It does not offer much more than what the GT350 to justify the cost, other than rarity. Atleast the old '95 and '00 R offered unique engines.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Less the exclusivity of a R I am happy with my Gt350. Its a track car period that can be driven on the streets. The wheels if curbed or stolen are very pricy and if your rear wing disappears or is broken the cost to replace is $13000
Ford put alot more into the Design of the R ... but the biggest difference is the wheels and track ready rubber. You put those tires and rim combo on a GT350 it would be a pretty close race .... the R should win because its inheritantly lighter then the GT350 and it has some additional suppension dampner changes over the GT350 non R
This and the adm dealers are charging .... I wanted a great car that I could drive everyday. I dont think a R version would fit that bill esp for the adm dealers are charging.
Fit and finish .... could be better .... I will leave it at that ... not real happy with the way my hood lines up

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Somebody talk some sense into me!!! I have a "lead" on a '17 GT350R that's marked up $30K over sticker. I'm considering trading the S4 for it, which would essentially be GIVING them our S4 for free! Anybody know of any better "deals" out there? Where's 13COBRA?
I would lose all respect for you. That'd be ridiculous.

Fight the temptation. It's not worth it.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Just buy a GT350 Tech. I bought mine at MSRP. They are out there and bad-ass. You can add a diff cooler and trans cooler if you want to run it hard at the track.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I don't know of any kits either. I've seen guys piece-meal them together. I've seen a post about a guy who isolated the catalytic converter better too. Seems the car going into limp mod from the trans overheating is commonly from radiant heat from the exhaust.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't buy a Tech, either.

There are Track Pack cars out there for MSRP. I have one more coming.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I wouldn't buy a Tech, either.

There are Track Pack cars out there for MSRP. I have one more coming.

Strictly for conversational purposes, are you saying "you" wouldn't buy one or "no one" should buy one? Regardless of which, I'm curious as to why you feel that way.

I was able to get the car with the Tech package for MSRP, but the same dealer had 2 Track Pack cars with a $25k mark-up. No other dealer had a better deal within a distance I was willing to deal with. I never pay more than MSRP for any car ever, so I skipped them.

I bought the Tech car because I wanted one that I could run at road course T&T/Seat-Time type of events, but still have some of the creature comforts for when I drive to work/dinner/etc. I put 3900 miles on it in the last 3 months... and that is with splitting time between 6 cars. I really like driving it and have no regrets.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
For on track at any time the tech will overheat. If your only using the car on road the tech is just as good as the track pack.

With more orders for the tech(16) the dealers are saying it's easier to sell the tech package. It is more comfortable and can get the radio. I find it hard to believe there's a 25k difference(above msrp) in asking price between the tech and track pack.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Less the exclusivity of a R I I am happy with my Gt350. Its a track car period that can be driven on the streets. The wheels if curbed or stolen are very pricy and if your rear wing disappears or is broken the cost to replace is $13000
13,000 dollars or 1,300 dollars?!?!
13,000 dollars for a rear wing seems a little "out there". lol

Users who are viewing this thread