Umm...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Drive a 360, then go drive a Gt350. You'll never even mention the 360 again. It's a 17 year old car. And really isnt enjoyable to drive like the Gt350 is.

That being said, congrats on the R.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I hear dealers are offering invoice on these cars now lol

2016 Focus RS
2003 Cobra (Production #2)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Verizon (Finally Unlocked!)
Intel 2600k Overlooked Water Cooled

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I hear dealers are offering invoice on these cars now lol

Average transaction price is still a hair above MSRP on non-R's

So I doubt many are paying invoice unless you have a great dealer relationship.

Tech pack cars seem to be dragging down avg trans prices, techs keeping them out.

17s pretty much 90% of the time are Msrp or above

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Average transaction price is still a hair above MSRP on non-R's

So I doubt many are paying invoice unless you have a great dealer relationship.

Tech pack cars seem to be dragging down avg trans prices, techs keeping them out.

17s pretty much 90% of the time are Msrp or above
Yeah, their are dealerships that are sitting on them now. Depending on their floor plan its costing them $$$$ every day they sit on the lot. Gotta turn the inventory to make a profit, don't matter what car.

2016 Focus RS
2003 Cobra (Production #2)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Verizon (Finally Unlocked!)
Intel 2600k Overlooked Water Cooled

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Yeah, there are dealerships that are sitting on them now. Depending on their floor plan its costing them $$$$ every day they sit on the lot. Gotta turn the inventory to make a profit, don't matter what car.

The cars that are being sat on are mostly recall cars that can't be sold anyways. Once that fix is in, I'm sure the cars that are leftover will be good deals for most. If you want a tech car.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
13,000 dollars or 1,300 dollars?!?!
13,000 dollars for a rear wing seems a little "out there". lol

The rear diffuser lists at $3800, I have pricing for two different spoilers (raised $915.88 and flush $1880.28) listed for the regular GT350 which in the system could also indicate the options between the GT350 and GT350R. The hood is $2219.00, The rocker mouldings are about a grand a piece, the headlamps are $1200/ea, standard wheels are about $1500/each, and then you have the front bumper at $308.18 but lower splitter at $455.38 lol.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I bought the entire front Brembo brake system for the 350R for $1300.00. Rotors, calipers, pads, and all hardware, etc.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The rear diffuser lists at $3800, I have pricing for two different spoilers (raised $915.88 and flush $1880.28) listed for the regular GT350 which in the system could also indicate the options between the GT350 and GT350R. The hood is $2219.00, The rocker mouldings are about a grand a piece, the headlamps are $1200/ea, standard wheels are about $1500/each, and then you have the front bumper at $308.18 but lower splitter at $455.38 lol.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I bought the entire front Brembo brake system for the 350R for $1300.00. Rotors, calipers, pads, and all hardware, etc.
SO,......the rear spoiler for the R car does or doesn't cost $13,000.00?!?! (To me that seems a little far fetched. We're just taking the rear spoiler here.)
Your posting up prices that conflict with the $13,000.00 price tag someone posted up earlier in this thread. Now, I'm confused. lol

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
He posted about the regular (track and tech) spolier prices above, for some reason, not the R.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I think they sell/sold a lot more Evos than Ford will be selling Rs. They could spread the cost over more cars. Not to mention the R spoiler is way bigger. Try to sit it on an Evo, and it would dangle off the sides.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You guys don't really think that's the real cost, do you? There's the whole "exclusion" thing. The price is a deterrent, so that Timmy in his ecoboost stang can't put a bunch of R parts on his $25k mustang.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
He posted about the regular (track and tech) spolier prices above, for some reason, not the R.
You guys don't really think that's the real cost, do you? There's the whole "exclusion" thing. The price is a deterrent, so that Timmy in his ecoboost stang can't put a bunch of R parts on his $25k mustang.

See post #33. States $13,000.00 for the R spoiler. I find that hard to believe.
And no, I don't really believe that is the cost of the R spoiler at all.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Because the system I have sometimes includes higher options without noting exactly what vehicle trim model it belonga to, it can include all model options sometimes. It has info for the GT350 but not the R yet so it makes everything a little more confusing. I didn't realize there were two different spoilers for the GT350 though.

So yes, the GT350R spoiler could really be $13000, and the reasons for the prices are probably to deter copycats using authentic parts.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
See post #33. States $13,000.00 for the R spoiler. I find that hard to believe.
And no, I don't really believe that is the cost of the R spoiler at all.

It's listed for about that. And the CF wheels are like $20k.

It's a deterrent, on purpose by ford

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So yes, the GT350R spoiler could really be $13000, and the reasons for the prices are probably to deter copycats using authentic parts.
It's listed for about that. And the CF wheels are like $20k.
It's a deterrent, on purpose by ford
I did not know that. Very nice. I kinda like that Ford does that to deter copycats.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
A couple guys have already done R copies. They have the wheels in forged aluminum and a fiberglass copy of the rear wing. When I was picking up my R, one of the salesmen showed me some pix of a red GT350 that the dealership modded to look like an R. The wheels were a bronze color, though.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
A couple guys have already done R copies. They have the wheels in forged aluminum and a fiberglass copy of the rear wing. When I was picking up my R, one of the salesmen showed me some pix of a red GT350 that the dealership modded to look like an R. The wheels were a bronze color, though.

Local kid did the same with his 17. R front splitter, aftermarket wing and wheels that look the same, rear seat delete and red stripe next to the stripes on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread