Unexpectedly early...

eddy z

Established Member
Congrats Jimbo... I hear you on the wait. It's like your in shock when it arrives and you just don't know how to react. Just numb of several fellings if you will..

I too had a 98 cobra, and felt the same way with it, regarding the trans upgrade (funny you mentioned the old T10 rock crusher trans as that is how I compared the new T56 too.) and the speed issue. At first, I thought my 98 was faster. Faster in regards of feel, until I checked out the speedo. The car just climbs effortlessly, as the 98 was louder and worked harder to get there. The 03 is just a smooth ease of power, like a jet taking off..

As you noticed, the car is quite. Our 98 was louder stock. The car does get a bit louder after 500 miles i noticed, but its still too quite as the 98 remains louder. Exhasut upgrade is a must. Are you planning on installing X pipe with Free flow cats as well??

Awesome your car is in.... Its a work of art.... Enjoy..

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Video
congrats, must be nice.......still patiently waiting since 2/8.....I'm dyin' ova here.....
DAMN! I thought I've been waiting long! You got 10 days on me!

slam

Established Member
That's Funny

Blue03Cobra -

First - Congrats on the new cobra! I'm sure you'll love it!

It's funny that you should buy your cobra from Jim Bass Ford in San Angelo.

I live in San Angelo ... and I ordered my car from Smith Ford in Slaton, because they were selling at MSRP instead of Jim Bass' $1,500 over. Then again, $10,000 is *alot* more than $1,500!

I just thought it was funny that I drove about 3 hours to get mine :)

BTW, nice choice of color! I have a Sonic Blue (# 65) and I'm loving it. I got it at the end of June .. have ~1900 miles on her now... I did have the clogged cat problem, though. Jim Bass got to fix that for me :)

I'm enjoying the T-56 ... I put in a Steeda Tri-Ax, and I really like it! Definitely worth doing...

Anyway, I generally just lurk, but seeing that you had bought the car here, I felt the need to comment...

I've met two other people in town that have bought a cobra from Jim Bass.

One of the guys gave his back with ~200 miles on it (he never even got on it). He didn't like the stiff clutch, thought the tranny made too much noise, and thought it was a chore to drive around town. He enjoys his SVT Focus more... Never even got on the cobra... I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather have my cobra! I rather enjoy driving it.. doesn't seem like a chore to me :)

Supposedly, Jim Bass is/was only getting 4 cobras during the first run... I know of three (including the white one) that have been sold. Don't know about #4.

Again, congrats on the new snake, enjoy it!

Later,
Jason

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: That's Funny

Originally posted by slam
One of the guys gave his back with ~200 miles on it (he never even got on it). He didn't like the stiff clutch, thought the tranny made too much noise, and thought it was a chore to drive around town.
They have that beautiful white coupe on the showroom floor. Absolutely gorgeous and would have been my second choice for color (and I'm still wagering that it will be the rarest...).

Glad you decided to "join the fun" by posting :-D

P.S. Everything is relative...:beer:

slam

Established Member
Yeah, the white one does looks pretty decent... I think if I hadn't got the sonic blue, I probably would have gone with red... or black .. just about all the colors look pretty nice.. :)

I don't know how often I'll post, but we'll see.

Later :beer:

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread