Upcoming Cruise - Santa Monica Mountains/PCH/Malibu

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Hey Gang,

Just to give you a heads up on an upcoming cruise around early November. This is going to be an awesome route.

We'll depart from the shopping center off of Valley Circle and the 101. The route winds through the Santa Monica Mountains along famous streets like Mullholland. We will end and have lunch at a restaurant in Malibu.

Yesterday morning I drove the raods with buddies to chart a course. We're including a mix of twisty roads and relaxing scenery. There will be suffient opportunities to regroup, and of course a "pit stop" half way through for those who need a nature break.

The course map will have extensive instructions on where to turn, where to regroup, and mileage.

We anticipate actual drive time to be about 2 hours. More details to follow.

Participants shall include SVT vehicles and maybe other Mustangs.

Anyone interested?

- Russ

Last edited:

Stalker

Established Member
If you want twisties, you should think about Stunt road off of Las Virgenes. That's one crazy road. Some corners so sharp you're afraid you'll run into your own ass on them.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I'm amped up about this cruise...it's going to be fun.

Guys, thanks for the responses and suggestions...the route is mostly set but not finalized.

A lot of planning has gone into designing the route.

There were many considerations like the staging area, regroup areas, restaurant parking, seating capacity, and price. Duration of the drive, bathroom pit stop (important for significant others) were some of the other factors. Twisties are important...so are scenic straightaways to let the brakes cool... all of these were factored into the route.

Some twisty roads like Yerba Buena were eliminated simply because they were annoying, as in low-speed 15-20 mph switchbacks for 6 miles...about as enjoyable as 30 minutes on the Disneyland teacup ride.

FWIW - this will be similar to the Ross' Summer Run and Ross' Winter Run, for those of you who remember.

As promised, I'll post more details shortly...

Russ

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
When we were planning the route yesterday, we passed a couple of CHP who were hiding in the shadows (locations will be given on the handout). We also passed a state trooper who didn't seem to care about anything.

Best of all, we saw several exotics, including a Saleen S7. Damn that car looked good.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Damn. I can see the future.

M. Will start another thread about getting pulled over :rolleyes:

Think this one will seriously be a calm one unless ur looking forward to getting pulled over. But either way it would be cool to check out our hills on this side of Cali ;-)

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
damn you all. i go to school right off of mulholland (calabasas high) so i'm definetly in. jh better be in in or at least let me drive the car!!! or maybe i'll have my datsun by then...i'll take you all in the slow twisties...:coolman:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
These are the very roads are where Adam and I train for the Solvang Century on our (drumroll ...) bicycles!!! Throw in Mulholland up to Kanan, move on over to Latigo (which has very little traffic). These are the best and most senic rides we have ever found.

Sundays, tons of motorcycles. One early morning on Piuma, two right hand drive cars with roll-bars and drivers wearing leather helmets and goggles came drifting by me.

Lotsa cops, usually netting the motorcycles.

Count us in.
JW

:eek: :eek: Shades of Tetge!!!
Adam just pointed out "1000 (3.30 posts per day)"
:nono: LL was right!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread