Upcoming MSX Group Buy on Longtubes!!

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, yeah I spoke too soon :( We have an appt for tomorrow morning at 9am so, they will be up soon I PROMISE :D

Quik Z06

Established Member
Umm...I hope so :D Lol, yeah its out of our hands, we had every intention of getting it dyno'd today, but *fingers crossed* it should be dyno'd tomorrow morning. Once we get into our new shop and settled in were looking at possibly picking up a dyno, so that way its all under our control ;-)

Last edited:

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
Do you know which brand cat you will use? Have you thought about offering them in stainless as well?

Thanks

samiam513

Banned
Jesus, if it takes as long to get the headers to my house as it does to get dyno numbers or pictures of the dang things then we're going to have some huge issues.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
samiam513 said:
if it takes as long to get the headers to my house as it does to get dyno numbers or pictures of the dang things then we're going to have some huge issues.

Research and developement takes time. Would you rather have something rushed to market? Or something that has been validated to be a solid performer?

Considering the price of this particular setup.. I'll patiently wait.

Rich

Quik Z06

Established Member
wydo...Thanks!!

sam...I know its been a long time, but as mentioned we cant just rush this. Believe me we been trying as hard as we can to get this done. The truck that they are on is not ours as well so with his schedule and ours sometimes its just impossible to get things done.

As I type this the truck is at the dyno...so #'s will be up in maybe an hr or so, as soon as I get the call I will post up.

samiam513

Banned
wydopnthrtl said:
Research and developement takes time. Would you rather have something rushed to market? Or something that has been validated to be a solid performer?

Considering the price of this particular setup.. I'll patiently wait.

Rich

no i understand the RD part, I just wanna see some pics. I am a pt photographer. what else would you expect? :D

will there be a extra 02 bung before the cats for a WB set up? That would be nice since I take it the mids are coated also.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Ok the numbers are in ....The truck gained 31 hp and 40 tq. I dont have all the specifics but I just wanted to get that up :) I will get some specifics up later.

These will include the bolts, gaskets and 02 extensions, so no worries :) The mid pipes will be stainless, not coated.

Last edited:

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
:coolman:

Put me down for a set w/o cats. Is there a possibility of these being made of SS?

btw: What are the primary pipes size?

Rich

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
The primary tube size is 1 3/4 inch and the collectors are 3 inch, and they are equal length.

BTW...These will be coated in the normal, aluminum/chrome coating...We got a lot of PM's stating thats what was wanted, I know some of you wanted black but the regular coating won hands down, sorry.

Quik Z06

Established Member
I'D WIN said:
Tell Billy to put a set on the truck since you already have it...catless that is!

Thx!

Lol, you got it :)

We are actually going to start a separate GB thread for these headers, so we will link it here but keep an eye out, should be up later today. Thanks again guys.

Clint ODell

Established Member
I already have 3 inch from collectors back? Would I be able to just buy the headers.

I cant find the specs on the JLP longtubes 3 inch?

Kooks are 1 5/8ths..

Users who are viewing this thread