Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Coilovers

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • other *please post what and why

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

t-ray

Established Member
I don't dispute that. But read the article. The author asserts that pretty much only Biltstein and Penske shocks are repeatable from shock to shock. Even Koni had major variation from shock to shock, and the foreign shocks were mostly garbage.

My point in posting the article is for education. If you care about good shock performance, I would stay away from the cheaper coilovers.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
I don't dispute that. But read the article. The author asserts that pretty much only Biltstein and Penske shocks are repeatable from shock to shock. Even Koni had major variation from shock to shock, and the foreign shocks were mostly garbage.

My point in posting the article is for education. If you care about good shock performance, I would stay away from the cheaper coilovers.

Kinda funny that Eibach isn't in that article. I agree about staying away from cheap coilovers. If people are gonna be cheap about suspension then I say just do a set of springs/dampers. I on the other hand prefer having adjustability with my setup as well as great performance. Hence going with a $2,400 kit....... :bash:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I run frpp k-springs, tokico d-specs, and steeda everything else. Im happy because the car goes from being a drag car to a handler with a few adjustments of the shocks and struts.

kingnut

Established Member
i have got a set of BC coilovers for my 14GT. i will let yall know how they handle and ride.

robb15033

Established Member
OTHER-
Coil Overs up front. Shocks and coils in rear.
Next best thing for SN95- Use 79-93 struts/shocks, lowering springs (aggressive), X2 balljoints, bumpsteer, C/C plates

PLTechy

Custom User Title
Established Member
I'm riding on KW V3 coilovers and it's more comfortable than the stock on about 2/3 towards maximum stiff (what I set it to for daily driving) and completely adjustable while on-car for height, damper, and rebound rates, so I can adjust it quickly for the strip or a road course. Definitely worth the extra money, especially since they're warrantied for life.

MooseCT