Upstate SC Chat

JW03

Established Member
newexhaust_zpsvsihl590.jpg

Got the axle back and jlt oil separator finished up. Took a while to get the exhaust centered, going to look at it again tomorrow and make sure it is perfect.

Just checked my tracking and looks like everything else is scheduled to come in tomorrow! So I may have everything done for C&C Saturday! I went ahead and removed the factory air box, coils, and plugs tonight so tomorrow I have to remove the pulley and idler and put everything else back together. Shouldn't take too long! Had no ideas coils and plugs were so easy on these motors. Pretty sure I fought with my 2V GT more back in the day.

Last edited:

JW03

Established Member
Well, looks like I won't be going anywhere this weekend. VMP did not include their pulley removal/installation tool with my order, so I now have a CAI/different spark plugs and a tune for CAI/more boost, with no way to get the pulley swapped.

Any ideas??? I know you can rent tools and stuff from Advance but I don't know if it would be the right one.

Clemson

Established Member
I would wait and get the right tool. In the mean time, put that sucker back to stock and roll out in the morning son!

JW03

Established Member
Call me lazy but I don't feel like doing all the work again. I have everything on from the plugs to the idler to the CAI. I even went ahead and loaded the tune. Just waiting on the 2.6 pulley at this point. Really sucks because I was hoping to enjoy the weekend. First world problems, I guess.

Last edited:

JW03

Established Member
Well I tried to use a tool from Advance Auto and just screwed up the threaded part of the snout. So now I guess I really am screwed...

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Glad you got it sorted out JW, might be down for something tomorrow afternoon got a rec soccer game at 2 so maybe sometime after 3 or 4. Kinda want to do something tonight too but kinda lazy lol.

JW03

Established Member
You guys heard of Campbell's Covered Bridge? Might be cool to head out that way and take some pictures, too. I'm not sure what the drive is like to get there but I'm sure a back way could be found.

Shaeffer_Campbell_Covered_Bridge.jpg

picture from google

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Looks pretty cool, I've heard of that place before. Not sure if you can drive on it or up to it or what not. We'll see how tomorrow turns out.

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Hey guys sorry I forgot to send you my number last night, posted that right during dinner and forgot to come back lol. Sending you my number now. I'm pretty wiped from my soccer game at the moment but if you guys want to meet at my house we can take a quick cruise and do some rolling shots? I can ride with one on the way out and one on the way back? Or if you guys are busy now maybe we can all go for a cruise later once I get some energy back.

Text me if you guys are down or add me on facebook (I'll send you that as well.)

Users who are viewing this thread