Upstate SC Chat

JW03

Established Member
Well, that's where things get sketchy and I'm not sure how much I believe...

He claims boost peaked at 5lbs... but the numbers shouldn't be that high with that little boost...

For example, let's say 1lbs of boost = 10 hp... he is saying I am leaving 70rwhp on the table?? A pulley only GT500 isn't going to make 570-580rwhp.

I'm no mechanic but I feel it would be more clutch related if anything.

So I'm really not sure. I emailed VMP and we are probably going to do some data logging.

Last edited:

JW03

Established Member
Yeah, BJ said it is probably caused by clutch slip. Factory clutch in the 07'a are notorious for problems so doesn't come as a huge surprise. It doesn't slip during regular driving or spirited 2nd-3rd gear driving so I'm not overly concerned. He said it probably is from the load of the dyno and pulling from 4th gear.

Clemson

Established Member
Word. Well sounds like you picked up a good bit in any event....I think the 07-09 cars generally dyno in the 440 range stock.

JW03

Established Member
Word. Well sounds like you picked up a good bit in any event....I think the 07-09 cars generally dyno in the 440 range stock.

Yep that is correct. I will probably upgrade to the 13-14 factory clutch. Don't really want a stiff pedal from an aftermarket.

JW03

Established Member
Just saw this, sorry. What about the QT on Highway 14 around 7:40? I'll shoot you a text in the morning in case you don't see this.

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Hey guys sorry I fell off the face of the earth the last month lol. How's everyone been doing?

Decided to pull the trigger on some suspension parts last night. New struts/shocks, springs, strut mounts, pan hard bar, lca relo brackets and camber bolts. Hoping to install them 4th of July week!

Users who are viewing this thread