urgent! steeda adjustable upper control arm and competition mount install

Mr.Solis

Established Member
Yep. That's what I did, I removed it because the whine 60-80 and hollowish sound on decel was just too much. No sense in paying 30k for a nice car then be ashamed to let anyone ride because it's so noisy. The radio wouldnt even dround it out.

Did you adjust the pinion angle?

The whine and clunk in my rear was gone once everything was within factory specs.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Interesting thread, and what have we all learned today? know your parts, know how to install them and set the proper specs. If I don't know what the heck I'm doing I pay a pro to install it. I only do what I know I can do, saves a lot of headaches!!

Mr.Solis

Established Member
I installed it per steeda. I set it to the length of the stock uca.

As did I. However, initially my pinion angle was out of spec (even when setting the Steeda arm to the length of the stock arm). - That recommendation in the instructions is just a starting point to adjust from and does not satisfy the need to properly set the appropriate pinion angle.

I just hope you didnt remove a great performance upgrade because you didnt finish the installation process.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah setting the length is a part of it, but the instructions call for more! Pinion angle is critical for our cars! If your having trouble get a pro to do it. Better to fork out a few bux and get it right then play the guessing game!

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
As did I. However, initially my pinion angle was out of spec (even when setting the Steeda arm to the length of the stock arm). - That recommendation in the instructions is just a starting point to adjust from and does not satisfy the need to properly set the appropriate pinion angle.

I just hope you didnt remove a great performance upgrade because you didnt finish the installation process.

He did.

Users who are viewing this thread