urgent! steeda adjustable upper control arm and competition mount install

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
I'll give a call into steeda tomorrow and ask. If I'm wrong then I apologize, and I'll have to get mine fixed too. It hasn't hampered my car in any way, and my car is my daily.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
So washers in or out? I put them in there and I have nvh at around 60 and gets louder up around 80. After 80, it goes away. Sounds like a whine and it is really harsh. I adjusted the pinion angle back to factory specs by measuring the factory arm length. What can I do to get rid of it?

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
I'll call later this morning when I get into work and get an answer from them on the washers. All I can see those washers causing is noise and binding.

My setup never had any sort of whine to it so I never had to correct it, but I have read about people/shops loosening and re torquing the suspension to alleviate whatever was binding and causing noise.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
I'll call later this morning when I get into work and get an answer from them on the washers. All I can see those washers causing is noise and binding.

My setup never had any sort of whine to it so I never had to correct it, but I have read about people/shops loosening and re torquing the suspension to alleviate whatever was binding and causing noise.

i will try to loosen everything, load the suspension and re-torque all the points of attachment when I get off today. :nonono:

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Ok I called steeda, florida store said do not use them, valdosta store said use them. What gives? Two different places, two different answers. I still dont know what to do.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
That's how mine was and at around 100 the vibration got worse.

I am going to loosen everything this afternoon and load the suspension, then torque everything with it loaded. What did you do to get rid of the noise? I tried to match the length of the stock arm as close as I could before installing it.

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Ok I called steeda, florida store said do not use them, valdosta store said use them. What gives? Two different places, two different answers. I still dont know what to do.

I just called frank at steeda, who I normally talk to in the florida store, and who I spoke to before on this very issue, and he said NOT to use them. I don't know what to tell you buddy...

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
I just called frank at steeda, who I normally talk to in the florida store, and who I spoke to before on this very issue, and he said NOT to use them. I don't know what to tell you buddy...

Im taking them out. Its noisy as hell with them in. Ill take them out and see how it does.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Please let me know the outcome. I'm really anxious to know. Did you question them on the noise?

Rod called me back, he spoke with the install tech. Spacers are NOT required as per their install technician. Only thing he said about the noise is to make sure pinion angle is correct and remove the spacers. Should kill the noise.

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Blackdragon your giving out bad advice, this is a prime example why people should not always take Advice from forums.

U installed it wrong then, just because u installed it wrong doesn't mean others should also.

So would it be wrong for me to be looking for an apology for coming at me like that?

Hmmmm...

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
I hope it cures the noise.. it is bad. Gonba grab an angle gauge too. Will report back.

Fwiw. I set the upper arm to the same length as the stock arm, and my pinion angle didn't change. Maybe that got messed up, or maybe its just the washers transmitting noise

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Fwiw. I set the upper arm to the same length as the stock arm, and my pinion angle didn't change. Maybe that got messed up, or maybe its just the washers transmitting noise

Yes, i set it to the stock length also, i dont have any vibration, just the noise. I really do think it is the washers. I will re-check the length also when I pull it all out.

Users who are viewing this thread