USA vs. Canada (Men's Hockey)

2k3gt

Established Member
They were dominating. In the 3rd period they got into penalty trouble but I will say it was because the U.S. was having their best period of the game to that point but Canada really made a push at the end and Miller made some big saves.

The U.S. was on their heels the second part of that 3rd period though..95% was scrambling defense and the rest was offense. I think that was the most exciting hockey game I've ever watched though (admittedly, I don't watch much hockey). I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm crazy from the way I was screaming at the TV by myself :banana:

I still don't understand how Canada was dominating though...they didn't have a lead at any point in the game :dw:

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
He certainly was. Hell of a game, haven't seen a nail biter like that in a long time!

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I still don't understand how Canada was dominating though...they didn't have a lead at any point in the game :dw:

I was thinking the same thing?

As for Miller.... Canada outshot the U.S. 45-23 while Miller had 42 saves.

VPF

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
I was at work all night and missed it. So glad the US won and have a bye going into the Semi round. They are in Canada's heads now.

America, **** yeah!! :rockon:

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
First off, congrats to team USA for pulling off that huge win.

But seriously if it hadn't been for Ryan Miller the game wouldn't have even been close, he almost single handedly won the game for them. Team USA's defence also played a great game and the whole team played very well diciplined under Ron Wilson's coaching. Canada's supposedly veteran defence of Pronger and Niedermeyer played horendously and Brodeur wasn't all that sharp. I was really impressed by Canada's young defencemen though, Doughty was a dominant force out there and was very entertaining to watch. Like everyone else has said, I doubt if Brodeur has another start in the tourny so watch for Luongo in the next one.

Wouldn't this make for a great matchup in the Gold Medal Game??? We can only hope these 2 meet because the Swede's and the Russians are looking up to the task as well.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
Canada did play better than the US period. BUT Miller was a beast! If not for him I'm sure Canada would have ran away with it. The US got a few lucky bounces, but that's all you need in the game of hockey. Congrats USA! Go get that GOLD!

Oh ya...Niedermeyer is a bitch for throwing the US player in the boards at the end of the 2nd. I hope someone knocks him on his ass!

Last edited:

High Altitude L

Established Member
This was the best part of the game.

2gydgzo.jpg

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
I will laugh my ass off if Canada gets beat by Germany. There will probably be riots in the streets.

If we lose to the Germans I will personally start a riot in the street!:cuss:

Im really hopin the Canadians and Americans meet up in the Gold medal Game...Anyone else?? Should be a good match up again, only with different results:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread