Used suv question?

04gtguy

looking for a fox
Established Member
Looking into a suv with towing and seating. Thinking about some used Darangos or Tahoe or yokons. Looking at early 2000's. Any one better or worse than the other?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Take a look at the Infiniti QX4 (SUV). I owned an '02 for 6 years and loved it. Very solid vehicle. More solid IMO than the Nissan Pathfinder version. When I sold it last November it was as solid and rattle free as the day I bought it. Good looking SUV, too. JMO.

BAD351W

Established Member
I have a 99 Tahoe and have no complaints. Will tow whatever you need it to within reason, gets decent highway mpg's, is comfy, has lots of room inside, easy to work on, and can be had for relatively inexpensive.

prostkr

Established Member
If you plan to rent a trailer skip an explorer or sport trac. They are both banned from any trailer rentals from uhall.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
No Jeep Gr Cherokee on your list? I have a 2000 still going strong. V8 with tow pkg. Pulls up to 6500 lbs. Very capable off road. Parts are easy to get.
IMO all SUV's that are that old you really need to have looked at closely. Can have alot of problems with transfer cases and the usual stuff.

I would look at a Tahoe or Yukon from your list. First generation Durangos were dogs.

04gtguy

looking for a fox
Established Member
Jeeps are worth looking at. Just named off the top of my head. Just looking for any input on the good and bad anyone heard

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I drove an 07 avalanche for work. I loved it. Never had an issue with it.

The early 2000 Tahoes are nice. The 5.3l engines are great. Idk much about explorers, but go test drive them all and see what one you like best.

Users who are viewing this thread