Used Vehicle Insights

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
if you bought new or near new lately you can definitely keep riding the wave.

I fell behind the value 8ball when I kept my truck past 100k it seems. If it was a 4x4 it might be a little different story. At this point seems like I might just ride it into the ground.

edit: @13COBRA - outside of bugging someone like you what's the best way to see what your used vehicle is actually work? Carvana or someone would offer me 12.5 for my truck, glancing at cars.com I see similar trucks and mileage listed by dealers more in the 19-20 range.

If that is what trucks are selling for locally, you should be in the 14-15 trade range minus any needed repairs.

robvas

Established Member
My buddy took a 2019 2500 HD in on trade yesterday morning and someone saw it, pulled in and made a deal on it before the end of the day.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
if you bought new or near new lately you can definitely keep riding the wave.

I fell behind the value 8ball when I kept my truck past 100k it seems. If it was a 4x4 it might be a little different story. At this point seems like I might just ride it into the ground.

edit: @13COBRA - outside of bugging someone like you what's the best way to see what your used vehicle is actually work? Carvana or someone would offer me 12.5 for my truck, glancing at cars.com I see similar trucks and mileage listed by dealers more in the 19-20 range.

Just shoot me a message or email, I don't mind.

Asking $19-20k online is different than selling for that.

Morgan

Established Member
What’s the consensus for buying a used Raptor in this market?

2018-2020 models are selling for about $10-15k less than 2022 Raptor MSRP while ADMs are blazing.

Is a 2-3 year old Raptor with typical mileage worth the same price as it’s original MSRP (assuming it’s kept for ~5 years)?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What’s the consensus for buying a used Raptor in this market?

2018-2020 models are selling for about $10-15k less than 2022 Raptor MSRP while ADMs are blazing.

Is a 2-3 year old Raptor with typical mileage worth the same price as it’s original MSRP (assuming it’s kept for ~5 years)?

Just depends.

I just picked up a really nice one at the auction. It's a 2018 with 80k on it. We have it listed for $53xxx. Has Method wheels, some LED fog lights and slightly bigger tires.

Morgan

Established Member
Just depends.

I just picked up a really nice one at the auction. It's a 2018 with 80k on it. We have it listed for $53xxx. Has Method wheels, some LED fog lights and slightly bigger tires.

No pictures- where’s it coming from? No sunroof=rare.

That white ranger looks pretty nice.

Morgan

Established Member
I’m surprised to see it’s missing the pano roof.

Fat Boss

Established Member
And yet Mach Es cannot even bring MSRP.

64k sold for 62k. It's a 2021 but still. year old RAV4s are selling >msrp.

Are you still pretending that's the case? Your own example is over MSRP when the buyer's premium is added, and that was in the middle of winter- in Michigan.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Screenshot_20220217-141903_Office.jpeg

Sent from my Potato

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you still pretending that's the case? Your own example is over MSRP when the buyer's premium is added, and that was in the middle of winter- in Michigan.

LOL a Mach E simp. "You and everyone else might think the Mach E is gay, but trust me it isn't."

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
LOL a Mach E simp. "You and everyone else might think the Mach E is gay, but trust me it isn't."

Just has to be enough green customers that don't care for how Tesla does business. 90% of customers could care less about the Mustang name.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Just paid cash for a 2020 F150 XLT 4X4 with 18K miles. You can figure out roughly what we paid from the description of the truck. We must be broke and not have any investments according to some of you on here lol. You can invest AND save up for a new vehicle.

Sure my wife and I could invest every cent we make and borrow our way through life, but that's not what we choose to do. Nothing sucks worse than stroking an $800 car note check every month for 5 years...

I had to laugh at this post. Writing an $800 check is worse than a writing a $60k check? gotcha.

And you're right... obviously folks can do both (use cash for large ticket items AND invest), but to say it is a wise move to pay cash for a new/newish vehicle is patently false. It is not a wise move---Even more so if you have the cash to do it.

You effectively just gave away $25-35k.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
To show you how crazy it is...I paid MSRP for a 2020 Raptor with 23K miles and a year old. After looking all over and talking to countless other people.....that is the norm unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread