USMC recruiting!

Hawk1680

Established Member
Hi guys, my name is Ryan Hawkins and im currently signed up to go to the Marine Corps in September. Between now and then my goal is to get at least 2 people to sign up. If i should meet this quota i will graduate from basic training as a PFC (private first class) rather than private. And if i should get 3 people to join before i leave then i will recieve my dress blues for free! ($300 normally). This is where you all come in...Im trying to get the word out there, so that anyone who is interested can talk to me, and a recruitor and decide if they want to be a Marine. I'm located in the Bay Area (Northern Cali.) IF ANY OF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE THAT WANTS TO SIGN UP THAT IS LOCATED IN NOR CAL PLEASE GIVE THEM MY CONTACT INFORMATION FOUND BELOW< OR GIVE ME THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION. I would greatly appreciate this from everyone. Thanks guys, and have a great week!

OORAH!!

Ryan Hawkins

650-678-3031
[email protected]

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
If your recruiter was really cool, two people they put in they'd just put them in under your name....thats what mine did to get me PFC

Cpl / USMC / 0231
1997-2001
2003-2004

Randall

Established Member
Ok.

In any event, congratulations, you're going to be joining some of the greatest people on earth.

I'm a Marine, my son is a Marine.

Hoping all the best for you.

Semper Fi.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
I was under the impression that the Marine Corps provided dress blues for enlisted men at no charge. Officers go thru OCS and save up their money to buy all the dress uniforms required....unless that has been changed in the last 10 years...that was the case. I think it is very commendable you want to join the Marine Corps...my father was a 35 year rotorcraft pilot...retired full Colonel. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Marines and what and how well they do it. I will say this from personal experience and second hand accounts from friends. If you believe ANYTHING a military recruiter tells you at face value you'll be in for surprises. I have seen an Officer recruiter(Captain) bold face lie to my face and then change their stories...as my father, the Colonel asked him. A recruiters success depends on him getting the most recruits he possible can. He is a salesman...he is selling the Marine Corps and the fact is this....the instant you sign your name to a contract...nothing he EVER said matters. You will have no recourse. Give a thought to the look on a Drill Sgt's face as you inform him..."the recruiter told me this or that." You will never have seen such a "I don't give a shit" look till the day you die. Once again, much Props for your decision...but, find a guy that's on active duty or someone who was recently and cross check everything you hear from a recruiter with someone who would know.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
they haven't issued dress blues to recruits since the early 90s.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
....but your not yet.......just an FYI.

Originally posted by TeufelHunden
my new name

<---------------------------------

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
nah, just letting you know ;-) Now, if you don't get through boot camp then ya :p

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Do they have a Marine ROTC? If so, I may be interested. I'm not sure if it will help you, since I wouldnt actually be "enlisting" yet, but it is pretty much a gurantee that I would be enlisted after college. anyways, shoot me some info, thanks!

Snake_Eyes

SVT Warrior
Established Member
You should talk to your buddies on going to boot camp with you. That is part of the incentive of receiving PFC. There are other ways of getting PFC after bootcamp. What is your MOS going to be ? I have been in for a little while now. Let me know if you have any questions about the Fleet Marine Force. I will give you the real scoop not candy coated like the recruiters.

stlboarder

Established Member
Originally posted by gyacopetti
Do they have a Marine ROTC? If so, I may be interested. I'm not sure if it will help you, since I wouldnt actually be "enlisting" yet, but it is pretty much a gurantee that I would be enlisted after college. anyways, shoot me some info, thanks!

They kind of do. You go through NROTC and there is a Marine Option. That is what I'm doing. Between your Junior and Senior year you goto OCS. Every summer you have to go on a tour also.

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
Well, if you don't get three people in i will sell you my dress blues. i bought them in bootcamp and only wore them twice in 4.5 years in the marines! I am 5'8 175 ~38" chest for sizing/fitting. I got to be such a "beefcake" from lifting after my first two years i could not fit in my blues and had to wear my alphas to the ball

I am a navy officer now so don't need the marine stuff anymore

let me know

Bryan
USMC 1998 - 2002
USN 2002 - Present

scraggsds

Im currently on active duty at Camp Lejeune, talk to your buddies who have nothing planned in life. I have been in for just over 2 years and I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT!! I go home and see my old friends that are still doing the same thing and 2 of them just joined and they regreted not joining when I did. You will need friends in bootcamp and do everything in your power NOT TO FIND A GIRLFRIEND!!! DO NOT HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!! ONE MORE TIME, DO NOT HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!! You will goto some amazing places, Australia, Roda Spain(OMFG The Memories), Italy, Tokyo Japan(that soki will F*CK you up!). Dude bootcamp isnt that bad if you dont let them get to you, just sit back and find humor in anything and everything. My e-mail is

[email protected]

if you have any questions about MOS's and what they really do. My recruiter lied to me about what I would actually be doing, but it doesnt matter now I still love it. and Congratulations on a Great decision, You will honestly be changed forever. And one more thing to help you prepare for bootcamp, RUN YOUR ASS OFF!! Atleast 2 hours a day, not distance runs, timed runs, work on pullups, and cruches. Thats all you can do, and dont laugh outloud, you will have some many DI's on your ass your will almost cry. HAHA, Good Choice and Good Luck.

Hawk1680

Established Member
dscraggs,

My MOS right now is motor transport. However I don't know if im a mechanic, or an operator yet. Thanks for the good advice...I'm so stoked for boot, and to join a family of gung ho men, such as yourself. I trully believe it will be one of the best decisions I will ever make. Whats your MOS, and where are you originally from. Thanks again!

Oorah!

Hawk1680

Established Member
Originally posted by USMC-2-USN
Well, if you don't get three people in i will sell you my dress blues. i bought them in bootcamp and only wore them twice in 4.5 years in the marines! I am 5'8 175 ~38" chest for sizing/fitting. I got to be such a "beefcake" from lifting after my first two years i could not fit in my blues and had to wear my alphas to the ball

I am a navy officer now so don't need the marine stuff anymore

let me know

Bryan
USMC 1998 - 2002
USN 2002 - Present

I would appreciate that, however I'm 6'1".....so they may not fit me. Oh well, just the fact that you offered is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread