USMC recruiting!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
IMO CHANGE YOUR MOS!!

Something more techincal!!!!

Originally posted by TeufelHunden
dscraggs,

My MOS right now is motor transport. However I don't know if im a mechanic, or an operator yet. Thanks for the good advice...I'm so stoked for boot, and to join a family of gung ho men, such as yourself. I trully believe it will be one of the best decisions I will ever make. Whats your MOS, and where are you originally from. Thanks again!

Oorah!

Hawk1680

Established Member
I only have a few choices, and this was my second choice. Other than shipping out earlier i dont know if its possible to change it. Any suggestions?

NBS4

BANNED!
Hi guys, my name is Ryan Hawkins and im currently signed up to go to the Marine Corps in September. Between now and then my goal is to get at least 2 people to sign up. If i should meet this quota i will graduate from basic training as a PFC (private first class) rather than private. And if i should get 3 people to join before i leave then i will recieve my dress blues for free! ($300 normally). This is where you all come in...Im trying to get the word out there, so that anyone who is interested can talk to me, and a recruitor and decide if they want to be a Marine. I'm located in the Bay Area (Northern Cali.) IF ANY OF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE THAT WANTS TO SIGN UP THAT IS LOCATED IN NOR CAL PLEASE GIVE THEM MY CONTACT INFORMATION FOUND BELOW< OR GIVE ME THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION. I would greatly appreciate this from everyone. Thanks guys, and have a great week!

OORAH!!

Ryan Hawkins

650-678-3031
[email protected]

Thanks but no Thanks. I'd rather not get my head blown off in Iraq :)

Hawk1680

Established Member
Thanks but no Thanks. I'd rather not get my head blown off in Iraq ......

Hmmmmm, thats ok. Some just dont have what it takes.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
What was your ASVAB score??

The only reason I say change it, is because if you don't make a career out of it, there isn't mch out there for motor t guy. There are tons of 'cool' jobs in the military, but they have nothing to transfer to out in the civilian world. Just think about that.

I only have a few choices, and this was my second choice. Other than shipping out earlier i dont know if its possible to change it. Any suggestions?

Hawk1680

Established Member
Thats a good point. I'm hoping to change my MOS to MP, or do embassy duty, after my first 2 years if i cant change my MOS now. If I cant ill just stick it out and make the best of it.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
You can't do embassy duty right off the bat. And, they usually won't let you change your MOS on your first enlistment. Talk to your recruiter as soons as possible.....MP isn't bad, just be ready to be bored alot ;-)

Hawk1680

Established Member
I meant i want to do embassy duty after my first 2 years, cause you cant do it right of the bat. I also heard MP is boring, however i think it could be a good experience, and I am kinda thinking about law enforcement out of the military. Who knows...I'll def talk to my recruitor and see whats up

SNKBITE

Established Member
Congratulations on standing up and serving OUR Country.
Listen to dscraggs on the girl friend thing. You need to dedicate your time to what you have decided to do, become a Marine.You do not need to be worrying about who may be doing this and who may be doing that with your girl.
(I am curious as to how and why you were Noviceseal? If you were poking fun at that orginization, or one of its personel, I see NO humor in it.) Please enlighten me..
Good luck, and once you are a Marine, stand up and be proud of what you have chosen to be.....

Hawk1680

Established Member
The term NoviceSEAL was a joke between a friend and I for years....before i decided to join the Corps. The fact that Navy SEALs are far from Novice is pretty much the joke. There is no poking fun what so ever. It was simply a contradictive statement that ive always used as my handle. I have my utmost full respect for any man or woman serving our country, or those that have served! i hope that clears it up

Last edited:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Thats a good point. I'm hoping to change my MOS to MP, or do embassy duty, after my first 2 years if i cant change my MOS now. If I cant ill just stick it out and make the best of it.

Do Security Forces if you want to do Embassy Duty.

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
Re: Re: USMC recruiting!

Originally posted by NBS4
Thanks but no Thanks. I'd rather not get my head blown off in Iraq :)

That is a pretty F'd up thing to say with the current situation in Iraq, you need to show a little respect for the U.S. service men and women that are walking the walk.
:nono:

NBS4

BANNED!
Re: Re: Re: USMC recruiting!

Originally posted by Devil Dog
That is a pretty F'd up thing to say with the current situation in Iraq, you need to show a little respect for the U.S. service men and women that are walking the walk.
:nono:

I don't think so. I don't support the Politics of this country so they're on there own. :) I'm out for one person and one person only.. Myself. :)

As for me not having what it takes... No No... I have more then what it takes.. More then enough common sense not to be brainwashed by the moron running this country.

Last edited:

Hawk1680

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: USMC recruiting!

I don't think so. I don't support the Politics of this country so they're on there own. :) I'm out for one person and one person only.. Myself. :)

As for me not having what it takes... No No... I have more then what it takes.. More then enough common sense not to be brainwashed by the moron running this country.

I seeeeee your a tough guy.....Everyone else is a moron except for you, and anyone elses decisions, if they arent something you would do, are just plain stupid! Its ok that you dont want to serve. Its because of people like me, other people in this thread, and people over seas that are willing to serve, that you can have that very opinion of yours. Just know that one thing!

Black99GT

Established Member

Why don't you head for a country you do support?

GEIST-02

Established Member
Congradulations on joining the proud ranks of the military! I was involved in the first Gulf war and I was recalled for enduring freedom. I'm praying that I am recalled again! Believe me when it was told to you that you want to be single! Thailand, Philipines, Japan, Spain, Crete! I wish I would have never gotten married!

Good Luck!

Go NAVY! ABH Style!

SA SNAKE

Established Member

What a F**king loser. I can't stand people like this. Take advantage of the freedom that the men and women of our armed services provide for you dip shit.

And Teufelhunden congrats in joining the finest branch of all. MARINES...

Semper Fi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread