USMC recruiting!

goodquest

Established Member
Make sure you get everything you want in writing on you enlistment contract. Recruiters will say anything to get you to sign on the bottom line. If you have already Signed up, look at your contract and make sure what you want is on there. If not
Contact your recruiter and have him change it before you go active duty. If I remember correctly the initial contract is for the reserves, which would give you bargaining power with the recruiter to change the contract to what you want.

Good luck

Hawk1680

Established Member
Thanks for all the good comments guys! Anyone know anybody who wants to join in the Bay Area?!?!

scraggsds

I have 2 MOS's Right noe 0331 Machinegunner and 0431 Which is Embark Logistics. Motor T can be fun and shitty at the same time, It all depends on what you wanna do. You wanna drive make sure your recruiter knows Ill find out the full mos numbers for driver and Mechanic for you and post them up here. Be aware that NO MATTER WHAT THE RECRUITER TELL YOU, YOU WILL GOTO IRAQ!

Randall

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: USMC recruiting!

Originally posted by NBS4
I don't think so. I don't support the Politics of this country so they're on there own. :) I'm out for one person and one person only.. Myself. :)

As for me not having what it takes... No No... I have more then what it takes.. More then enough common sense not to be brainwashed by the moron running this country.

You sir, are a dick.

The moron running this country has absolutely nothing to do with taking an oath and sticking to it. It has everything to do with honor, morals, doing what’s right, character traits that you seem to be severely lacking.

It's because of the wonderful people such as those posting here and those that have fought and died to protect your right to be a dick, that you can be a dick and post such ridiculous, inane comments as those above.

If you in fact don't support the politics of this country as you say, fine, but please don't go showing an utter lack of respect towards those people that will continue to fight for and die for, your guarantee to be able to disagree with the politics of this country.

Now go slither back under that rock from whence you came and leave the honorable people posting messages here alone.

Last edited:

maddrabitt

Established Member
i was an 0331 machine gunner also, and ill tell you the kids in motor T in my grunt battallion worked their tails off. All those high speed toys you see in the commercials are nowhere to be found. Youll be stuck fixing delapidated hummers that all the ahole grunts trash. and then theres the preventative maintanence. arrgggghhhhhh ill never forget the long hours at the motor pool. but if your a total gearhead it should be right up your alley. like said earlier, just find humor in the crap at boot camp. and remember this, no matter how perfect you do something they will tell you you messed it up and have you do it 8 million times. just grin(on the inside) and bear it. just go there, do the job, try to enjoy it, and make it through. by third phase itll be a joke to get thrashed, you and everyone else will mess up just to be hopping.
good luck. if you end up in pendleton i live right across the street. seriously if i spit over my neighbors fence it hits pendleton. gimme a call if you need any thing or any questions. 760.382.5144 ask for rob

Last edited:

maddrabitt

Established Member
just as a side note im a dubya hater too, but this thread isnt exactly the place to voice your opinion on that. if you want to make a change, go stump and get people to vote. dont hassle the poor guy for his choice, for some of us it was the only option. besides, these cobras need dead dinosaurs.

"my cobra more than accounts for your hybrid"

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Congrats on your choice, good luck with it. I've been serving for five years as an Army infantryman, first with the 82nd Airborne, now with the 25th in Hawaii. Love being an NCO, but on my way out as a result of being wounded in Afghanistan a while ago.

EATONURLS1

Established Member
Good Luck and Congrats

Congrats on ur enlistment, Im leaving for Basic Training July. 8 for Ft. Benning 16 weeks, I thought about the Marines, but I needed to get stationed back at my home base. Good luck though, I heard its rough. I cant wait to go and serve, my Father is a retired CW5(warrant officer), and Im hoping to follow in his footsteps. my MOS is 11 X-Infantry and soon Special Forces.. Good Luck man.

Users who are viewing this thread