V6 6r80 vs V8 6r80

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 oh 2

Established Member
Ill actually post the differences when i get home later. I personally would NOT trust a V6 trans for higher HP applications.

OP make sure you stop telling people the wrong or misleading information.

Are you home yet its been couple of days ?? Waiting on you to post the difference between the v6 6r80 and the v8 6r80?

Deespeed99

Established Member
Are you home yet its been couple of days ?? Waiting on you to post the difference between the v6 6r80 and the v8 6r80?

Sorry ive been wrapped up with the build of my car and forgot. Ill be home in 15-20 mins ill do it then.

3 oh 2

Established Member
Here are the differences.

I have the same info and when we took the unit apart it was the same amount of frictions .ill post some pictures tomorrow I have 2 units that were building for customers once a v6 the other a v8

Deespeed99

Established Member
I have the same info and when we took the unit apart it was the same amount of frictions .ill post some pictures tomorrow I have 2 units that were building for customers once a v6 the other a v8

Again the specific situation you had could've been someone that swapped with V8 internals like someone said earlier in this thread but the 2 trans are NOT the same internally just like the info I posted. My point is don't tell people the wrong information. Imagine if someone listened to you and then boosted up to 700HP or so and the trans took a shit because of the lack of extra frictions/plates. Mistakes like that could cost people a lot of money. You have to be more specific about information you give out...

Also here are the part numbers for the V6 6R80 (BR3Z-7000-A) and the GT 6R80 (BR3Z-7000-B) It's not just because of the case/housing differences either.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah i looked into this and found a brand new v6 6r80 trans,but I noticed the part#'s were different, and i didn't buy that tranny because i new if the #'s are different more then likely other things are to. Will the f-150 5.0 auto tranny work on our mustangs?

Last edited:

3 oh 2

Established Member
Again the specific situation you had could've been someone that swapped with V8 internals like someone said earlier in this thread but the 2 trans are NOT the same internally just like the info I posted. My point is don't tell people the wrong information. Imagine if someone listened to you and then boosted up to 700HP or so and the trans took a shit because of the lack of extra frictions/plates. Mistakes like that could cost people a lot of money. You have to be more specific about information you give out...

Also here are the part numbers for the V6 6R80 (BR3Z-7000-A) and the GT 6R80 (BR3Z-7000-B) It's not just because of the case/housing differences either.

I took apart a f-150 6r80 and a v6 6r80 their both the same thing illbpost the pic tomorrow .

Deespeed99

Established Member
I took apart a f-150 6r80 and a v6 6r80 their both the same thing illbpost the pic tomorrow .

Ok so now your story is changing because you said a 'V8' which I'm assuming you meant GT & F150 6R80 is the same as the V6 but now you're saying the F150 is the same but the GT and F150 aren't the same either. You really gotta post up the correct facts man...

3 oh 2

Established Member
I dont care about part numbers . Im running a v6 6r80 and its holding up good my car makes a little more than 600 and have no issues . Your proof is all theory dont believe what the internet says

Deespeed99

Established Member
I dont care about part numbers . Im running a v6 6r80 and its holding up good my car makes a little more than 600 and have no issues . Your proof is all theory dont believe what the internet says

I'm glad it's holding up strong. My proof is directly from Ford not some internet "theory" hell go look up the actual part numbers for each of the forward drive clutches because that shows the same thing I'm saying that they are different. You can get all pissy all you want my point is don't go around telling people information that's false it can be prove to be costly to people. The V6, GT and F150 6R80's all have differences and are NOT the same externally or internally. So stop telling people they are... :nonono:

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Wow the op just posted hella bull shit an lied. So the v6 I'd not the same as the v8 tranny an the f150 is also different. So we need the truth hear. If this indeed false mods need to ban op for posting false info which in turn could cost people falling the op info lots of money.

Last edited:

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
Also, F-150 case has different provisions for the shifter cable bracket vs. car cases.

Last edited:

stang910

Established Member
You guys are making a big deal about nothing. OP stated that you can't use the V6 case so the trans has to come apart to even use the V6 parts. Once the trans is apart you can inspect with your own eyes, which if someone had the trans apart they would most likely upgrade the clutches anyways. This wouldn't be for everyone since it would cost a fortune to pay someone to do all the labor and therefore would make more sense to buy a V8 trans. If you can teardown and rebuild a trans yourself this is very good and helpful info. This is just another helpful option for everyone that can do their own work.

D.T.R

Established Member
What are the differences between the F150 trans vs the 5.0 trans?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
You guys are making a big deal about nothing. OP stated that you can't use the V6 case so the trans has to come apart to even use the V6 parts. Once the trans is apart you can inspect with your own eyes, which if someone had the trans apart they would most likely upgrade the clutches anyways. This wouldn't be for everyone since it would cost a fortune to pay someone to do all the labor and therefore would make more sense to buy a V8 trans. If you can teardown and rebuild a trans yourself this is very good and helpful info. This is just another helpful option for everyone that can do their own work.

Yep, these trannies are pretty darn easy as far as autos go, if someone was meticulous it'd be no big deal to go thru one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread