Value

svt2205

Established Member
Looking for some ideas of a realistic value for my 93 Cobra.

I'm in the middle of a divorce and may have to sell it to cover some of my expenses and all. Not too thrilled about this but I don't take the time to enjoy the car much anymore, so maybe it's just for the best.

The car has 81 or maybe 82K miles on it, it's a one owner, red/grey cloth, sunroof, million mile odometer. Original paint and interior, great condition but not prefect. Runs and drives well. It has your typical early 90's Mustang mods, gears, exhaust, brakes and the like. I'm sure there's more details, but I'm just drawing a blank today.

This is not a for sale post, not yet at least. I need real numbers for my financial affidavit as well as having an idea of what I might be able to sell it for when/if I opt to go that route.

Thanks for your help. I have posted this over on the 93 Cobra Registry too, looking for all the help I can get.

wtsn8ke

Established Member
Sorry about the divorce, man. These cars right now are not selling for a lot. If you can keep her I would. They should pick up if the economy ever does. I would say you're looking at 7500-9000 based on your description. The sunroof helps as people like them for some reason. Good luck.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Very sorry to hear about the situation. I hope you are able to keep it.

As far as value goes...I'd think $13,000 +/- $1,500 depending on how fast you needed to sell it and the value of the "one owner" status. I would spend a little more for a one owner car any day!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Very sorry to hear about the situation. I hope you are able to keep it.

As far as value goes...I'd think $13,000 +/- $1,500 depending on how fast you needed to sell it and the value of the "one owner" status. I would spend a little more for a one owner car any day!

No way an 82k mile car is worth that kind of money. I would say 8-10K depending on condition.

racerbox77

Established Member
Well without more details or pics its hard to put a price on it. Unless its in poor or rough condition its definitely worth more than $7500 but prob not any more than $12,000. If its in great condition I'd say $15,000. I guarantee the value of our cars will go up as soon as the economy comes around. They are getting older and harder to find in great shape.

Did you end up keeping it or selling since the OP was 2 months ago.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
All I'll say is that car the car is uber clean from the last time I saw pics and you'd never guess the miles of the car by looking at it. Being a grey cloth, one owner car, definitely increases the value a bit in my book.

svt2205

Established Member
I still have it. I never visit the site anymore so, I'm surprised to see this as an active thread.

It's still in great shape. Not much wear and tear for a peice of garage art. No clue what I will do with it. It's easy to think, maybe I should let it go. But then again, it's even easier to just let it sit in the garage and do nothing. Come tax time, I'm going to wish I had cash but who knows.

vuzikis

Established Member
93 Red Cobra

Condition is key as everyone has said. Even in todays crappy market $7500-9000 is a bit light if the car is as you describe. I would say $11-$13k tops. Everyone is so concerned with mileage and I personally have seen cars with under 50k that have been hacked to pieces that are not worth 9K IMO. While mileage is a factor I really can't understand why everyone is quick to put a value based only on mileage. You have three things going for you, one Red/Grey cloth, two you being the original owner and three it having a factory sunroof (personally don't like them but most do). IMO keep the car if you can because once these cars are 25 years old and the economy comes back the prices are only going up.

svt2205

Established Member
Well, the divorce is finalized and I get to keep the car. And it's not perfect, but remember. I bought this new and have seen it deteriorate over the years. But that's a relative term. I'm very picky and tired to me is probably awesome to others. Oh well, funny thing is I would rather tear this car apart and use it as a Factory Five donor before letting it go for 7500. It would make a great donor car. And know, that thought has crossed my mind over the years.

I'm surprised by the range of perceived values 7500 to 15000.

IMG_5050-1.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

IMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
The car should bring pretty decent money if you ever decided to sell it. Look at the door pockets most 80k mile cars don't look like that! I would say keep the car and enjoy it like you have done for almost 19 years now.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Well, the divorce is finalized and I get to keep the car. And it's not perfect, but remember. I bought this new and have seen it deteriorate over the years. But that's a relative term. I'm very picky and tired to me is probably awesome to others. Oh well, funny thing is I would rather tear this car apart and use it as a Factory Five donor before letting it go for 7500. It would make a great donor car. And know, that thought has crossed my mind over the years.

I'm surprised by the range of perceived values 7500 to 15000.

Agreed....That thing is in very good condition. Please let me know if you are really thinkng about sellling it and what you want for it. There are people out here that appreciate it and don't want to low ball you on it. I'd love to be able to get the Viper sold and get a nice Cobra.

I got low balled on my last one and sold it for less than what I really wanted and have regretted it ever since. That car deserves a fair price! :beer:

racerbox77

Established Member
Well without more details or pics its hard to put a price on it. Unless its in poor or rough condition its definitely worth more than $7500 but prob not any more than $12,000. If its in great condition I'd say $15,000. I guarantee the value of our cars will go up as soon as the economy comes around. They are getting older and harder to find in great shape.

Did you end up keeping it or selling since the OP was 2 months ago.

After seeing pics I'm standing by my original post. It's in great condition so to the right buyer $15000.
Congratulations on your new found way of life. You won't want to sell it now cause you'll have time to enjoy it.

Sent from me.

TFStang

Established Member
Man that thing looks beat! I would never give you $7500 for that ragged out Cobra. Who wants a one owner Cobra anyways? :poke:

Sent you a PM. ;-)

svt2205

Established Member
For those who are sending me PM's with interest. This post is not and was not a for sale ad. It was to help me with my divorce paperwork. Now, that's all behind me. The judge signed off on things. I'm less concerned.

But, I've been questioning maintaining ownership of this car for a long time now. I've not been involved with this hobby for a while and very rarely take the car out. So, maybe it is time for someone else to enjoy it. Don't know.

But to those who are sending me PM's inquiring. Feel free to extend an offer. Money Talks...

That's right Dave, maybe you should buy this one so you'll have 2 from the same day...

racerbox77

Established Member
I was kicking around the idea of selling mine too. I posted in a thread just that and got about 5 PMs within a day. One guy wanted it and was willing to pay my asking price. I just couldn't do it. All of a sudden I got the strong urge to start modifying it. This was a few weeks ago. I've since bought a 6 speed, aluminum flywheel, carbon fiber driveshaft, and a UPR k-member for it.
Cars like ours are like hot girlfriends/ wives . After a while you get sick of riding them BUT if someone else shows interest it reminds you how hot they really are.

Long story short, don't sell it.

Sent from me.

Last edited:

svt2205

Established Member
Like anything, after enough time, you'll grow bored with the car or the wife or whatever. Like they say, it's cheaper to keep her. That's true with wives just as it is with cars.

I guess I no longer have the same level of interest or enthusiasm towards these cars as you guys do. ah, no matter.

Those sending me offers, thanks but I'm not letting it go for the money you're offering me. Maybe that's what this market says it's worth. I would need more to let it go. Oh well... It's not like I really know WTF I want to do with it anyway. Thanks

racerbox77

Established Member
If your set on selling it post up a figure and if they're interested to PM you. Or start a for sale ad over in the classifieds on here and Corral.net

What would you replace it with?

Sent from me.

Last edited:

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
$15k give or take a little bit.

- drivers seat side bolster is barely sagging.
- Door map-case elastic is not all stretched and trashed.
- looks like your ashtray door is saggy... but whose isnt'?
In other words, the interior looks pretty good, IMO.

Can't really comment on the paint, but if it is garage kept then it is probably "good" for its age.

Sunroof is always a plus, as mentioned. The only bad thing about it that I can see is that it is closed :)

The only negatives I can see are non-factory exhaust (although if you still have it, that would be a plus), front shock-tower brace, aluminum radiator, non-factory shifter.

...oh, and some guy scribbled on your glove box door! :)

Keep your car. Dust it and sit in the garage and admire your "garage art". And keep your car.

Users who are viewing this thread