VB installed today!!!!

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
Just got my vb installed today by billy at msx and all I have to say is CHINGEASUUUUU... I didnt think it was going to be that noticeable but damn i was wrong. Even if i dont punch the gas it still kicks like a mule. I do have one question , when going WOT is it suppose to make wierd noise right when it shifts? something like air or pressure being release can't really explain it. other then that its badass. BTW is a vb from the chicken man I think bily said its a 4c

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
could be belt slip....typically after the VB install the ACCesory belt will slip noticeabley.....FYI Belts are recommended to change every 30k.......

Ahh the 4c is sweet hope to get one soon to replace the 2c.....4c gives ya nice firm shift for 1-2 and 2-3 the 2c is firm on 1-2 only.

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
bgstew6 said:
could be belt slip....typically after the VB install the ACCesory belt will slip noticeabley.....FYI Belts are recommended to change every 30k.......

Ahh the 4c is sweet hope to get one soon to replace the 2c.....4c gives ya nice firm shift for 1-2 and 2-3 the 2c is firm on 1-2 only.

yup coulnt believed it was screaming from 2-3 I almost weted my self
so im suposse to change my belt? didnt know that.

bgstew6

Established Member
how many miles on your acc Belt.....

I had 20k on my Harley when I went with FTVB and 6lb lower....ACC belt was slipping pretty good.....changed it out with a Gates and never a prob for the last almost 30k....she is starting to squeak a little again....and no its not my SC belt...hehehe I am cogged up....

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
bgstew6 said:
how many miles on your acc Belt.....

I had 20k on my Harley when I went with FTVB and 6lb lower....ACC belt was slipping pretty good.....changed it out with a Gates and never a prob for the last almost 30k....she is starting to squeak a little again....and no its not my SC belt...hehehe I am cogged up....

50k. But maybe your slip was due to the 6# pulley dont you think?

Last edited:

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
come on guys i know theres more of you out there with a vb is this noise normal?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
6 #'er shouldn't make the ACC belt slip, just the SC belt.

If you still have the factory lower pulley on your truck it has to come off for the ACC belt to be changed.

bgstew6

Established Member
Any increase in boost will accentuate the prob....I also stated that it started showing after the 6lb install along with VB. SO yeah no doubt it aided in it....

had the slip on acc after my install...replaced acc belt and good to go...

LIke I said....belts are recommended for replacement at 30k....change it out or dont...makes no mind to me...its your truck bro...jsut throwing my .02 out LOL

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I have some belt slip on the shift as well, I don't know which belt it is. Both are getting changed very soon once I pick up some new idlers (one of the stock ones is squeaking while cold)

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
what did it cost when you bought it? got a link? and what did it cost to get installed? im not to sure in my town what they charge so i want to know what billy charged so i know if im getting the hot end of a poker or not!ol, thanks!!!

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
SVT RELAMPAGO said:
come on guys i know theres more of you out there with a vb is this noise normal?
Have you done the boost bypass? If you did then turn the torque reduction off in your tune and see if it still makes the difference.

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
bamared, It all was cover under my ext. warrenty ,Even the moroso trans pan, so i dont realy know i didnt ask.

Thunderbolt I dont have the bypass.

qwklightning

Established Member
I talked to Tim from chckenears and he says he has never sold a c4 vb, it was something they tried about two years ago but it didn't work. So it must be a c2, I just wanted to make sure I ordered the right one. If it shifts like you say it does then I did.

Users who are viewing this thread