Verizon takes a shot at Apple in new commercial

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
:lol1:
dude evdo is 3g technology :lol:

The second "3G" network operator in the USA was Verizon Wireless in October 2003 also on CDMA2000 1x EV-DO, and this network has grown strongly since then.

Verizon SAID IT THEMSELVES, they are NOT 3G, they are CDMA2000, but really what sounds better?

sorry to get the thread off topic. That is all..

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
The second "3G" network operator in the USA was Verizon Wireless in October 2003 also on CDMA2000 1x EV-DO, and this network has grown strongly since then.

Verizon SAID IT THEMSELVES, they are NOT 3G, they are CDMA2000, but really what sounds better?

sorry to get the thread off topic. That is all..

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDMA2000"]CDMA2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Below are the different types of CDMA2000, in order of increasing complexity:

1xRTT
CDMA2000 1xRTT, the core CDMA2000 wireless air interface standard, is also known as 1x, 1xRTT, and IS-2000. The designation "1x", meaning "1 times Radio Transmission Technology", indicates the same RF bandwidth as IS-95: a duplex pair of 1.25 MHz radio channels. This contrasts with 3xRTT, which uses channels 3 times as wide (3.75 MHz). 1xRTT almost doubles the capacity of IS-95 by adding 64 more traffic channels to the forward link, orthogonal to (in quadrature with) the original set of 64. Although capable of higher data rates, most deployments are limited to a peak of 144 kbit/s (up and down). IMT-2000 also made changes to the data link layer for the greater use of data services, including medium and link access control protocols and QoS. The IS-95 data link layer only provided "best effort delivery" for data and circuit switched channel for voice (i.e., a voice frame once every 20 ms).

1xRTT officially qualifies as 3G technology, but it is considered by some to be a 2.5G (or sometimes 2.75G) technology.[citation needed] This allows it to be deployed in 2G spectrum in some countries that limit 3G systems to certain bands.

CDG : Technology : 3G - CDMA2000
The world's first 3G commercial system was launched by SK Telecom (South Korea) in October 2000 using CDMA2000 1X.

From qualcomm:
QUALCOMM CDMA TECHNOLOGIES-ENABLED 3G CDMA2000 1X HANDSETS SHIPPING TO NORTH AMERICAN OPERATORS. | North America from AllBusiness.com
"We are pleased to welcome the North American arrival of 3G CDMA2000 1X products and services based on our chipsets and system software," said Don Schrock, president of QUALCOMM CDMA Technologies. "Our CDMA2000 1X solutions support a broad range of advanced features and the largest base of device manufacturers in the wireless industry. These new 3G products will offer network operators up to twice the voice capacity of second-generation IS-95A/B chipsets, and will enable data rates of up to 153 kbps for the first time in North America, making wireless Internet surfing easier and faster, and paving the way for many new data services."

I don't know man. You're not doing a great job of convincing me. Sounds to me like CDMA2000 is officially considered 3g.

Last edited:

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
he DESIGNED the phone, he didnt make its features.

i am not a AT&T fan, but i find it funny when retards try to act like they know what they are talking about, cell phones are pretty much my second life so i make it my business to know these things. We will see how it plays out for motorola, but since i talk to my cousin on a daily basis if he didnt mention the phone to me then its probably not going to be that great.

I'm sorry but I'm raising the BS flag on this. This was a joint project between Verizon, Google and Motorola. I can't find the article at the moment, however when I do I will post it. It says specifically that Google had complete and total control over the design of the phone. Motorola was there simply to manufacture what Google was telling them to. Even the external design of the phone had to get approved by Google before Motorola could do anything with it. So, while your cousin may have been on the design team, he answered to Google.

Also, if you haven't noticed, the phone is a month away from launch and NO ONE has any sort of hands-on review or video of the final production version, nor do we even know final specs. This is being kept under tight wraps so don't get butthurt and start talking shit because your cousin didn't get one or isn't at liberty to disclose anything about it.

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
he DESIGNED the phone, he didnt make its features.

We will see how it plays out for motorola, but since i talk to my cousin on a daily basis if he didnt mention the phone to me then its probably not going to be that great.

Hopefully your cousin never quits motorola because if he does, Motorola will probably start building some seriously shitty phones. :lol1:

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Right, my cousin who authorizes the build of EVERY phone they make couldnt get one :shrug:

Like I already posted, you need to check your cousin buddy. He might authorize builds on other devices but this one was totally out of his hands. Please get off your high horse and stop talking about this seemingly fictitious person you call your cousin just so you have a reason to hate on Verizon. You've done nothing but stir up trouble since you came in here. This would be worthless in smackdown so please leave.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
Like I already posted, you need to check your cousin buddy. He might authorize builds on other devices but this one was totally out of his hands. Please get off your high horse and stop talking about this seemingly fictitious person you call your cousin just so you have a reason to hate on Verizon. You've done nothing but stir up trouble since you came in here. This would be worthless in smackdown so please leave.

seems you dont like to read. Not once did i say anything that would even depict me boasting, someone said my cousin couldnt get it, so i informed them. Secondly every phone, and i mean every single phone they come up with has been seen by him one way or another. And i can assure you he is very real, if you are ever in the NYC area i can take you on a tour of their building if you like. Also i never once said i hate verizon, i stated they are not really "3G" just use it as a marketing device, they have 3g speeds but technically not 3g

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
This Verizon Blackberry Curve phone says Qualcomm 3G CDMA on the back of it but something tells me it's actually a 2g phone, with a 2g chipset, running on a 2g voice network. This 3g stuff is all just marketing.

Enter your location

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
This Verizon Blackberry Curve phone says Qualcomm 3G CDMA on the back of it but something tells me it's actually a 2g phone, with a 2g chipset, running on a 2g voice network. This 3g stuff is all just marketing.

Enter your location

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

whatever you want to believe is up to you, ive said my piece :beer:

50 Proof

Established Member
You've said your piece, but you haven't presented any credible evidence thus far supporting your "piece"...:read:

I was just about to say that haha.

Hmm, should I believe facts or should I believe random internet message board poster who has a cousin that is responsible for approving all the crappy motorola phones that the market has been cursed with? That's a very tough decision. :shrug:

Meanwhile Cobrastang probably hasn't posted any type of evidence to prove me wrong because he's still on the phone with his cousin trying to get informationz to post up. :lol:

Last edited:

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Enough already-Stop!! You guys sound like a bunch of housewives!!!:kaboom:

:lol::lol: Atleast it makes for a little Monday afternoon entertainment! :beer:

I think i might check out that HTC if does come out! Looks sweet!

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
seems you dont like to read. Not once did i say anything that would even depict me boasting, someone said my cousin couldnt get it, so i informed them. Secondly every phone, and i mean every single phone they come up with has been seen by him one way or another. And i can assure you he is very real, if you are ever in the NYC area i can take you on a tour of their building if you like. Also i never once said i hate verizon, i stated they are not really "3G" just use it as a marketing device, they have 3g speeds but technically not 3g

So he went from DESGINING every phone they make to SEEING every phone they make? What exactly is his title? I'm not trying to quibble here but it was said in print that Google had sole control over the design of this phone, Motorola is just lucky to be along for the ride and do whatever it is that Google tells them and make money for it.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and let you say that Verizon has "3G speeds but they're not technically 3G" why even start the argument? "Hey guys, I have an 03 Cobra but the badge is taken off so it's techically a Cobra even though the car doesn't say so"

People are getting on your case because from your first post in this thread you've done nothing but hate on Verizon and haven't posted any factual evidence to support your claims. (and it doesn't help that you're calling the people on this board retarded)

stangin99

Established Member
YOU my friend are misinformed. Verizon only calls it "3G" because its a gimmick, they only have EVDO. 3G coverage is only for GSM companies because of quad band technology, such as HSDPA, and UHSDPA and so on. Verizon Only has EVDO because they are a single band network

I find it funny verizon is cracking on AT&t about 3g coverage. Wait till their HSDPA/UHSDPA network goes online in 2010 and well see who's laughing :lol:

Oh and verizons "3g" network does not allow data and voice at the same time, whereas my old Razr z3x could do video conferencing on AT&Ts network.

You apparently do not know how cell phone technologies are classified.

3G = Third Generation = IMT-2000 standard.

What technologies are based on this standard? GSM EDGE, UMTS, and CDMA2000.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
The only reason I don't have an I-phone is because around here the only provider we really have is Verizon. No one has text packages or anything besides the ones to verizon. I have very few minutes because calling Verizon phones is free and unlimited. So this new verizon phone excites me.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
I had and android phone with Tmobile. Ya its an open network phone. But my iPhone is a far better phone. I have 0 problems sending a text with a touch screen keyboard. Not to mention having an all touch screen phone, there are alot less buttons to break ie blackberry track ball, G1 track ball, and keys.

Just my .02 Att does suck ass, but i'm completey happy with my iPhone

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The iPhone is not the end-all be-all of phones. There's lots that it doesn't do, and some of what it does, it doesn't do exceptionally well.

Certainly there are phones that do more.

HOWEVER. What the iPhone does, that nobody seems to be able to touch is it's user experience. When it comes to the user interface, Apple gets it. They get it with the iPod. They get it with their note OS and even the tactile and feel of their hardware components.

These new smartphones that are coming out, may do more, but until they develop a UI that is actually intuitive and not clumsy, it won't beat the iPhone at it's own game.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Well theyre right. Sorry but the iphone is not that great. I have owned a 3G and now I'm with a HTC touch Pro 2 and I like it better. Best of all it's win so everything and anything can be found on the internet cracked. Even 99% of the games. I will not go with an iphone again.

Users who are viewing this thread