Verizon takes a shot at Apple in new commercial

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I've played with a couple friend's iPhones and my wife has an iPod touch. I like to tinker too much so I couldn't see owning an iPhone with its limited capabilities.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Looks like a nice phone, but there are already quite a few phones that offer way more in terms of features/capabilities over an Iphone. However, unless this droid comes out with 10s of thousands of available apps it will never be as popular as the iphone.

kameleongt

Established Member
I think people forget that service comes down to your location, When I had verizon I had great service but the phones were crap. I switched to at&t and have to live with a few dropped calls but have much more control over my phone. How great of a phone would the iPHONE be without itunes? I've had friends consider his/her Iphone a "tool" he couldn't live without .. . yet just a few months prior could? I checked out his phone and couldn't find a single thing other than a bunch of games and a nice gui.

Guido 04

Banned
at&t should make a commercial where you walk in to a verizon store and nobody is speaking english. i had verizon and that's the exact reason that i canceled it. everything was in spanish and everybody was speaking spanish. **** that.

Matt99

Built not Bought
Established Member
at&t should make a commercial where you walk in to a verizon store and nobody is speaking english. i had verizon and that's the exact reason that i canceled it. everything was in spanish and everybody was speaking spanish. **** that.

whats wrong with the spanish decent:shrug:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i'll stick with my pre

my buddy is a network admin and has used palms and htcs for his work. he got the Pre immediately when they came out and within the first few weeks he had gone through 3 of them. boy was he pissed! i had nothing but problems on the handful of Treos i had. i hate palm :kaboom:

the pre was cool for watching tv though :coolman:

Please point me to a phone that navigates the internet better than an iPhone. I'll buy it this summer. Not joking.

+1. my BB sucks for navigating the net :kaboom:

I have no problems with my blackberry and opera mini. But then again a blackberry isn't trendy to own anymore. Bottom line is, the iPhone has become a fashion statement.

i have a BB Curve. it sucks for the web and web apps. it hasnt given me any issues other than the stupid trackball though. it kicks ass for emails but with Iphon'es new update that issue is moot now.

actually a lot of people do care about the camera on a phone. When phones don't come with camera's, consumers get pissed off about it. One of the biggest complaints I keep reading about the iphone is that it has such a mediocre camera. Considering there are tons of camera apps available for the iphone (e.g. adobe photoshop) including a tripod for the iphone, I'd say that the iphone's camera is a pretty big deal to a lot of people.

i want a good camera but ive been pretty impressed with the quality of pics ive seen from the Iphone. 100000x better than my Curve, but i havent exactly been out looking for cell phones lately. ive pretty much been sold on going to an iphone in a few months when my contract is up. not because its trendy, not because its touch screen (which i dont like!) but because its amazing with the many things it can do. and i would love to have the web functionality that it has. i took a cross country road trip with my BB and my girl with her iphone. the iphone was THE phone to use as far as finding out addresses, phone numbers, directions, etc.... my BB was just too much of a PITA to do that stuff with :kaboom:

two of my friends work for apple. they themselves LOVE the iphone but are talking about this new Android thing like there is no tomorrow. theyre telling me i should get it instead of the iphone when my contract is up, but i dont want to be a guinea pig on a new phone/technology. i remember some people saying the same thing about the Google phone :dw: and as TurboVnm said, the iphone also has the ipod built into it which is great because i dont have to carry around both any more. and i dont feel like learning some other mp3 app on some other phone. i LIKE the ipod and plan to keep using it. all in all, the iphone can do everything i need/want it to and then some. if only it could print! :D

and ive seen the iphones dropped enough and they keep on working. theyre far from "fragile".

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
I love my iphone, and Steve they make this cover for the iphone (and other phones as well) called the Otter Box. It makes the phone kinda bulky, but it has a built in screen protector and covers the entire phone to make it almost unbreakable. So again I love my iphone!

Users who are viewing this thread