Verizon takes a shot at Apple in new commercial

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Well theyre right. Sorry but the iphone is not that great. I have owned a 3G and now I'm with a HTC touch Pro 2 and I like it better. Best of all it's win so everything and anything can be found on the internet cracked. Even 99% of the games. I will not go with an iphone again.

I hope you have better luck with your HTC device than I have. I had an HTC T-Mobile Shadow that died after 6 months. Replaced under warrenty. THe replacement lasted 8 months, then my warranty was denied.

Went with the HTC produced G1 after that. It as well died prematurely. As much as I hated to go away from the great customer service I had always received at T-Mobile, the quality of their phones pushed me to an iPhone, which I haven't regretted at all.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
The iPhone is nothing special, it's just the current trendy thing to have. It's no secret that AT&T sucks major ass, it's no secret that voice quality on an iphone is just ok but not great, but people still pay $100+ for crappy service and a mediocre phone. Why? Because it's trendy. Remember what happened when iPods first came out?

The iPhone is nothing special and it does nothing special aside from the fact that it's touch screen. But what's funny is that touch screen phones are purely for cosmetic reasons because you want to look cool. There's nothing fantastically functional about not having a physical keyboard on a phone. Everyone who has an iPhone knows how bad it sucks to do a simple text on their phone, whether they admit it or not.

Bottom line is, the only game changing thing that the iPhone brought to the market was their touch screen technology combined with an mp3 player/phone. Everything else the iPhone does, I've been doing on sprint and verizon smart phones since before AT&T even had a much of a 3g network. Then the iPhone comes out and people are like wow, I can check movie times and weather and browse the web on my phone. Um yea duh, blackberry, palm, and winmo phones have been capable of doing this for a long time now. It's just that the functionality wasn't rolled up into a cute girly trendy phone.

Please point me to a phone that navigates the internet better than an iPhone. I'll buy it this summer. Not joking.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
I hope you have better luck with your HTC device than I have. I had an HTC T-Mobile Shadow that died after 6 months. Replaced under warrenty. THe replacement lasted 8 months, then my warranty was denied.

Went with the HTC produced G1 after that. It as well died prematurely. As much as I hated to go away from the great customer service I had always received at T-Mobile, the quality of their phones pushed me to an iPhone, which I haven't regretted at all.

I have also owned a AT&T Tilt and had a touch pro for a little while. The touch pro did seem a little flimsy. But for the time I had it it was ok and I don't treat my phones very well. I am with Sprint now

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I have also owned a AT&T Tilt and had a touch pro for a little while. The touch pro did seem a little flimsy. But for the time I had it it was ok and I don't treat my phones very well. I am with Sprint now

After having a warranty denied on the phone and incurring the full cost of another phone, which also died premature, I just can't bring myself to ever purchase a phone manufactured by HTC again. That pretty much does it as far as T-Mobile and Smart Phones go.

Aside from teh blackberry of course, but I'm not a fan of the blackberry UI and their track balls are a known issue.

BTW my warranty was denied because of a single chip in the corner of the phone. It had admittedly been dropped once. However, it failure was exactly the same as the first phone. Screen died, but phone still functioned.

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
Please point me to a phone that navigates the internet better than an iPhone. I'll buy it this summer. Not joking.

I second that!

I didn't buy an iPhone 3G-S because it's "trendy" I bought it because I like the true internet support, I like the fact there are endless applications for it, and is the most user-friendly, glitch free, solidly built phone I've ever owned, and I've owned quite a few. As for networks, I am not a huge fan of AT&T, but I damn sure will never be a Verizon Wireless customer again! I've had T-Mobile, AT&T, Cingular, Sprint and Verizon in the last few years and so far AT&T and T-Mobile have had the best coverage and the clearest calls.

Last edited:

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
I dont understand why people HATE the iPhone so much. Its a really great phone. Sure Ive got a few complaints when it comes to texting but other than that I think its a good phone. I was with Verizon for about 6 years and went to AT&T just to get the iPhone.

I cannot say the same about AT&T coverage, Its pretty rough sometimes out at my house, real spotty coverage all over it seems. But even with Verizon I had issues at my house, just not as much lol. But I bought my fiancee one as well before our vacation and it was so easy to use for quick references and maps, restaurants and stores, whatever we needed.

I realize a lot of you say you hate the iphone, not sure why, just thinking if maybe the majority of you had the 2g? or even 3g? I purchased the 3GS and it seems to be a lot faster than any of the earlier models. Or you could hate it just because its "trendy", again I dont understand that. If its good its good, why hate it just because "its the thing to have right now"?

rev440

young punk
Established Member
The iPhone is not the end-all be-all of phones. There's lots that it doesn't do, and some of what it does, it doesn't do exceptionally well.

Certainly there are phones that do more.

HOWEVER. What the iPhone does, that nobody seems to be able to touch is it's user experience. When it comes to the user interface, Apple gets it. They get it with the iPod. They get it with their note OS and even the tactile and feel of their hardware components.

These new smartphones that are coming out, may do more, but until they develop a UI that is actually intuitive and not clumsy, it won't beat the iPhone at it's own game.

I agree with jailbreaking and apps from their app store, not many phones or mp3/video players come close for that matter. I cant wait till the Iphone goes to VZW Ill gladely be one of the first buyers.

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Huh, my phone doesn't have touch screen, but you can drop it, slam it, throw it, drive over it, text in the shower, wash it in the sink and leave it in the snow. And the darn thing still works. Those touch screen phones are for the sissies that end a call and put the phone in a little velvet case cause god forbid it get a tiny scratch on it. I am young (23) and I still use a phone for what it is meant to be used for--CALLING PEOPLE! I would never give up my boulder. I can put it in my back pocket and never have to worry about it breaking when I sit down or jamming up if it gets dirty.

50 Proof

Established Member

I have no problems with my blackberry and opera mini. But then again a blackberry isn't trendy to own anymore. Bottom line is, the iPhone has become a fashion statement.

50 Proof

Established Member
I'm sorry but I'm raising the BS flag on this. This was a joint project between Verizon, Google and Motorola. I can't find the article at the moment, however when I do I will post it. It says specifically that Google had complete and total control over the design of the phone. Motorola was there simply to manufacture what Google was telling them to. Even the external design of the phone had to get approved by Google before Motorola could do anything with it. So, while your cousin may have been on the design team, he answered to Google.

Here you go

Motorola Droid hands on! : Boy Genius Report

From what we’ve been told, Google had a direct hand in the Motorola Droid. Something to the point of almost dictating every move Motorola made when designing and making the phone. Interesting, huh?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The iPhone is not the end-all be-all of phones. There's lots that it doesn't do, and some of what it does, it doesn't do exceptionally well.

Certainly there are phones that do more.

HOWEVER. What the iPhone does, that nobody seems to be able to touch is it's user experience. When it comes to the user interface, Apple gets it. They get it with the iPod. They get it with their note OS and even the tactile and feel of their hardware components.

These new smartphones that are coming out, may do more, but until they develop a UI that is actually intuitive and not clumsy, it won't beat the iPhone at it's own game.

this.

As much as i hate saying it, the UI in the iPhone/iPod touch is simply much better than the rest. They know how to make a touch-screen interface easy to use.

The users dont care about alot of the things that commercial is geared towards. They dont care about 5mp camera, night vision, etc. This is where companies trying to trump the iPhone fail, because what their phones are better at, that customer base really doesnt give a shit. If i wanted a phone for business purposes, id buy a BlackBerry. I want a cool phone thats easy to use and has a huge app base to keep me occupied when bored. Ive played with my buddies iPhone quite a bit this weekend, and im pretty much sold.

Matt99

Built not Bought
Established Member
I have no problems with my blackberry and opera mini. But then again a blackberry isn't trendy to own anymore. Bottom line is, the iPhone has become a fashion statement.

they might as well get a small ass dog to go with. hmmm seems to me my verizon omnia is able to browse the web like the iphone and loads just as fast, but oprea browser does make searching easier to me it seems, wel see how the omnia 2 does when it comes out

Last edited:

raIDERspeed

Established Member
looks like some doesn't under stand 3g stands for 3rd Generation of wireless data :) TDMA=3g EDVO =3G.... And to let you know wimax=4g LTE=4g 4th generation

50 Proof

Established Member
this.

As much as i hate saying it, the UI in the iPhone/iPod touch is simply much better than the rest. They know how to make a touch-screen interface easy to use.

The users dont care about alot of the things that commercial is geared towards. They dont care about 5mp camera, night vision, etc. This is where companies trying to trump the iPhone fail, because what their phones are better at, that customer base really doesnt give a shit. If i wanted a phone for business purposes, id buy a BlackBerry. I want a cool phone thats easy to use and has a huge app base to keep me occupied when bored. Ive played with my buddies iPhone quite a bit this weekend, and im pretty much sold.

actually a lot of people do care about the camera on a phone. When phones don't come with camera's, consumers get pissed off about it. One of the biggest complaints I keep reading about the iphone is that it has such a mediocre camera. Considering there are tons of camera apps available for the iphone (e.g. adobe photoshop) including a tripod for the iphone, I'd say that the iphone's camera is a pretty big deal to a lot of people.

ATFPat

Established Member
I love my Iphone, not cause its trendy at all. Alot of people I now have blackberrys. Maybe its trendy cause its a good phone? + VERIZON HAS THE WORST COSTUMER SERVICE. Lady basically called me and my other half (Girlfriend) a lier. Didn't make a issue and switched. Customer service at Willow Grove, PA blows ....

61mmstang94

Established Member
I've had great experiences with Verizon, not sure what some of you guys are so upset about, but to each their own. That's why we have so many options for cell phones and remember.............it's just a phone, so buy what you like best and chill out.

:lol: HAHA I was thinking the same thing when someone criticized Verizon for doing it to Apple........when Apple has been using that type of marketing themselves.

I agree. I can get on the internet with a blackberry just as easy and I think most people want an iphone because of how "trendy" it's become. But give it time and something else will take over and it'll start all over again.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I find it funny to read about so many statements in this thread come across that nobody should have an iphone because they suck and AT&T sucks. It's nice to see I can come here for everyone to make the decision for me.

If I did that, I would still be on verizon and getting crap for service from them, crap cell service and be constantly pissed.

I had verizon twice. the second time for about 2yrs and had to be on the second floor of my house to get service. outside or downstairs I had dropped calls, couldn't make calls or kept having to hang up and call back because of bad reception.

I tried 2 different phones, spoke to customer service at 2 different stores locally and over the phone, which I thought was national customer service, but who knows. I kept asking to go with a blackberry to try that out and see if service would be better, but I had to wait for my contract renewal or buy the phone at retail price. oh yeah, the second phone I had, it was replaced 4 times under warranty and verizon still wouldn't help me out to try a different phone. so I paid to get out of my contract. so far AT&T service has been great with the phone and customer service.

after mutiple friends would come over and have full 3G srevice all around here and running a part time business out of my house, it only seemed obvious I had to switch. so now instead of having a phone and then a itouch or ipod, I have it all in one. And then I have all the benefits of a smart phone like the blackberry and other similar phones.

oh yeah, around town, wherever the verizon phone didn't have service, my AT&T has service. go figure, but apparently they suck as far as most of you are concerned.

some of you need to get a grip with reality. every location you are at, different cell service is going to be better than others. that is the way it is. you should pick the best service you have in your area and where you are at most (i.e. if you travel a lot). then pick the phone that fits your needs/wants the best.

I always raved about Verizon and thought they were the best service out there. I learned fast that they aren't the best in my area. I don't know what all the other verizon smart phones or blackberries do, but am sure it is the same as the iphone, but different software and how you perform the functions(touch screen or buttons). I can understand some people thinking the iphone is trendy, but in reality, it may be the best available phone for some people such as myself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread