Vibration at around 6000 rpm

svt97cobr4

Established Member
I have a 97 cobra, I'm sure it's every gear, I feel a pretty hard vibration underneath me like if its the transmission, it might not be the trans just trying to figure this out, it starts vibrating like around 6k rpm what could this be???? I need to get it fix I'm under the impression that its the motor and or trans mounts, but I've also been told its the driveshaft? Help me out here thanks in advanced!

98fourvalve

Established Member
I have a 97 cobra, I'm sure it's every gear, I feel a pretty hard vibration underneath me like if its the transmission, it might not be the trans just trying to figure this out, it starts vibrating like around 6k rpm what could this be???? I need to get it fix I'm under the impression that its the motor and or trans mounts, but I've also been told its the driveshaft? Help me out here thanks in advanced!

Does it vibrate when in neutral?

svt97cobr4

Established Member
I need to drive it again and pay attention to it but I was told that if It vibrates while in neutral as well than it's most likely the motor mounts, but if not it can be the driveshaft and or ujoints

svt97cobr4

Established Member
Turns out that when Im going high rpmsand at a fast speed and then I put it in nuetral it doesn't vibrate any more, does this still mean its the driveshaft or could it be the transmission?

svt97cobr4

Established Member
At speed, does it still vibrate? When you push the clutch in at speed, does it still do it?

Turns out that when Im going high rpmsand at a fast speed and then I put it in nuetral it doesn't vibrate any more, does this still mean its the driveshaft or could it be the transmission?

svt97cobr4

Established Member
Also my lifters make a little clicking sound when engine is running and I think it's because it sat for a long time what can I do to get These letters to do what they do best lol?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
RPM related = in front of the tranny.
Speed related= after the tranny.

In neutral and it stops doesn't mean much if it is RPM related.
It would stop because RPMs dropped to idle.

Find a speed that it does it.
Drop to 4th gear but keep the speed.
Does it change or stop then?

svt97cobr4

Established Member
RPM related = in front of the tranny.
Speed related= after the tranny.

In neutral and it stops doesn't mean much if it is RPM related.
It would stop because RPMs dropped to idle.

Find a speed that it does it.
Drop to 4th gear but keep the speed.
Does it change or stop then?

If I rev it to high rpms like in 5000s it won't vibrate, but if Im in 1st 2nd or 3rd etc... It will vibrate at around 5000 rpm, if I put it in neutral while its vibrating and just coast at like 1000 rpm it won't vibrate anymore but still going at the same speed, I'm leaning towards that its the transmission mounts

svt97cobr4

Established Member
So I test drove my car personally and it seems to have a really slight vibration all the time but when engine gets to about 4000 Rpm is vibrates really bad, so updated information is that it vibrates even when just revving on neutral whole moving and just still and in every gear, could this be my motor mounts?

Users who are viewing this thread