Vice President Mike Pence said the U.S. will return astronauts to the moon within five years...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Except I have coworkers from other countries and friends living in Europe, so yes, I have first hand stories of how their health care systems work.

You know what a majority of gofundme campaigns are for? Healthcare, because our system is pathetic. You're free to think what you want though.

Pathetic? That's quite the overstatement.

MG0h3

Established Member
The homeless get free care. The working class, 1 paycheck away from being broke, they are the ones that get ****ed. PLenty here probably fall into that group but won't admit it. Not all of SVTP is picking up a new GT350. I think something like over half of Americans' don't have $1,000 for an emergency. Financial ruin is what they deserve, right? How dare their kid break a leg playing in a park?

Well they can go in and do what people with no insurance do. I’ll pay more insurance to cover them. It’s the millions and millions of fat lazy smoking pieces of shit I don’t want to pay for. If they die in the streets because they chose that life, tough. But let’s be honest, nobody is dying in the streets. That’s just what your dems say so the masses will be complicit in handing over more money and power.

Free healthcare. Free school. Free this free that. **** it. Let’s all just smoke weed and be fat and have the gov pay for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Not at all. Considering the wealth of our country and the constantly chest beating cry that we're the best country in the world... and we allow lives to be ruined over medical care costs while every company involved reports record profits.
Dude start a different thread do this.

I for one would love for us to plant our feet on the moon again. Going to NASA in Houston is awe inspiring when you see the innovation brought by some super smart mother ****ers.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
For any naysayers that think this is a waste of time, what you're using to say "That's stupid" (your phone/computer/tablet) is directly linked to the development of technology for space exploration.

It's like calling someone who eats sugar an idiot while you eat a cookie.

Space exploration to Mars/other planets/planetary systems start and stop at the moon. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, without a proper way to launch, manage, and observe from a space fixed location, we will always struggle. Light pollution does not assist telescopes. Gravity does not assist launching. Air does not assist quantum mechanics/chemistry/study.

Many phenomena are observed and solved inside of a vacuum with zero gravity. In some cases, that is impossible to achieve on earth. And even further, our ability to expand our understanding of science will no longer be jaded by conditions on earth/planets.

I think it's actually a phenomenal idea to setup a station that would assist in science gathering data and launches. It would be effective in rendering a much more feasible mission to mars in lieu of an Apollo type launch where we strap people to a missile

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
The ironic part of all this is that several nasa personnel have gone on record stating that we don't currently possess the knowledge (process and tribal) or technology to land a man on the moon and return him safely to earth.

Not only that but we cant even exceed low orbit right now. There isn't a single documented manned space mission in the last 45 years has gone more than 400 miles altitude.

blk02edge

Established Member
For any naysayers that think this is a waste of time, what you're using to say "That's stupid" (your phone/computer/tablet) is directly linked to the development of technology for space exploration.

It's like calling someone who eats sugar an idiot while you eat a cookie.

Space exploration to Mars/other planets/planetary systems start and stop at the moon. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, without a proper way to launch, manage, and observe from a space fixed location, we will always struggle. Light pollution does not assist telescopes. Gravity does not assist launching. Air does not assist quantum mechanics/chemistry/study.

Many phenomena are observed and solved inside of a vacuum with zero gravity. In some cases, that is impossible to achieve on earth. And even further, our ability to expand our understanding of science will no longer be jaded by conditions on earth/planets.

I think it's actually a phenomenal idea to setup a station that would assist in science gathering data and launches. It would be effective in rendering a much more feasible mission to mars in lieu of an Apollo type launch where we strap people to a missile
Or, the world can stay in the stone age and "fix" the problems of freeloaders... Nah, I like your idea.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
The ironic part of all this is that several nasa personnel have gone on record stating that we don't currently possess the knowledge (process and tribal) or technology to land a man on the moon and return him safely to earth.

Not only that but we cant even exceed low orbit right now. There isn't a single documented manned space mission in the last 45 years has gone more than 400 miles altitude.

All they need to do is look in their museum. It's sitting there in front of them.

Any NASA personnel that wants to put out such an idea is clearly not intelligent, committed to the mission, and/or cares. Considering we have technology a million times more advance and capable than the entire room full of mathematician's that took us to the moon before, I don't believe that. Not one bit.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
All they need to do is look in their museum. It's sitting there in front of them.

Any NASA personnel that wants to put out such an idea is clearly not intelligent, committed to the mission, and/or cares. Considering we have technology a million times more advance and capable than the entire room full of mathematician's that took us to the moon before, I don't believe that. Not one bit.

in general i agree but then you have to look at the fact that no other country has done it either. You would think it would be no different than taking a commercial flight by now. So apparently it's not as easy as one would think even considering we have "a million times better tech."

Established Member
The reason going to the moon isn't common now is there is no profit in it. We went to the moon as a price inelastic goal in the 60s. To prove we could and unite people around a common goal. It cost a boatload of money, and all you got was a few dull rocks and dust. If unobtanium was lying on the surface of the moon waiting to be collected and brought back to earth, we would have shuttles hauling it home.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I actually wonder if the reason we haven't done further space exploration is because we never actually made it to the moon? I was reading about radiation levels outside of the Van Allen belt and now have numerous questions about the technology needed.
I also saw a show on the spacesuits used in the 60's and find it hard to believe that 6 layers of aluminum and a layer of PVC would protect you from the radiation. I am not even going to get into the 230+ temps when standing in sunlight on the moon and - 200+ temps when not in direct sunlight.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Good Hell. First the flat earth thread and now we didn't go to the moon. I guess the average level of intelligence isn't as high on svtp as I once thought.

i personally dont believe in either conspiracy but at same time i dont blindly believe things just because they are common knowledge, even if they are in textbooks and considered well established "facts."

Turn on the news right now and you can get directly contradicting "facts" of current events in real time. Who knows what people will consider fact 50, 100, or 500yrs from now.

history is full of propaganda, distortions and outright fabrications. we can acknowledge that and keep an open mind or we can bury our heads in the sand and pretend columbus discovered america, diamonds are rare precious stones and that iraq had WMDs. lol

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
We have cannot rebuild the F-1 rocket engines that powered the Saturn V as there were lots of little details and hand made craftsmanship skills that were lost to time.
Re-engineering them would cost much more than designing a newer engine.
Our Atlas rockets first stage use the RD-180 from Russia based on the NK-33 that were originally designed for their moon program's N1 Rocket (and later derivatives for their shuttle Buran).
Even re-using the tech from the STS (Shuttle) program in the SLS system (SR boosters and derivatives of the shuttle's RS-25 engines) has been running into issues and is cost prohibitive as making it as reusable has been a major struggle.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Good Hell. First the flat earth thread and now we didn't go to the moon. I guess the average level of intelligence isn't as high on svtp as I once thought.
Please share your vast knowledge of radiation and space suit construction with all of us. Make sure you include temperature regulation through great swings in temperature...temperatures that would make batteries not work correctly at the subzero temperatures that would be experienced.

bglf83

Established Member
You're right, the far right, the vocal Christians, why would they want to help the poor. **** them, that's what Jesus would say, right?
Working Americans can afford health care for themselves. If we stop all the free loading the problem would drastically be reduced.

Illegal immigration has destoyed hospitals and schools. Just not enough free money to go around. You are in CA, so you are on the forefront of the implosion.

blk02edge

Established Member
in general i agree but then you have to look at the fact that no other country has done it either. You would think it would be no different than taking a commercial flight by now. So apparently it's not as easy as one would think even considering we have "a million times better tech."
It would be as easy as a commerical flight if the reward was the trillions of dollars that commercial flights bring in annually. The one and only reason nobody has been back is because until now, MARS is a reality, it makes sense to settle on the moon. I mean we landed a probe on a damn comet FFS lol.

Technology lost, my ass

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Please share your vast knowledge of radiation and space suit construction with all of us. Make sure you include temperature regulation through great swings in temperature...temperatures that would make batteries not work correctly at the subzero temperatures that would be experienced.

Nah, I'll pass. It's a futile exercise to debate with conspiracy theorists.

I spent the time to explain in the flat earth thread why a certain person's observations, that he claimed were impossible on a curved earth, were 100% acceptable on a spheroid earth. All I got from him is that he'd have to look at it more. He took my explanations with a grain of salt and so will you. So I'm not even going to waste my time explaining anything to you. You'll just shrug it off as more pieces of the conspiracy.

Coiled03

Established Member
Except I have coworkers from other countries and friends living in Europe, so yes, I have first hand stories of how their health care systems work.

You know what a majority of gofundme campaigns are for? Healthcare, because our system is pathetic. You're free to think what you want though.

We all know how they work. They jack up taxes on citizens to ridiculous levels. If you're so morally distraught at the fact that not everyone here has coverage, then move there, start paying their tax rates, and shut your uneducated pie hole. I'm sure there are plenty of places over there looking for waiters.

No, our system is not pathetic. It requires people take responsibility for themselves, rather than counting on the rest of society to be a safety net while they're swinging on the trapeze of stupid choices.

Users who are viewing this thread