Vid: 8.16 @ 170, Fluid TT 5.0

Bud

Established Member
Got a new best today. Bandimere opened up one last time this year for a rental. DA was around 7000ft at the time of my 8.16 run. Slowly upping the 2step and ramping. Did good today but still more left in the front half, unfortunately the car now gets put up for the winter :(

Here is a good quality vid of a few of the cars running today, quite a few fast/fun cars. My 8.25 today is at 1:54 in the video. The 8.16 run is at 3:15. First time pulling the chute, definitely makes the shut down much easier:
[video=youtube;5cuFaOsbKhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cuFaOsbKhk[/video]

2eod0uu.jpg
h

BLK_03

Established Member
Nice job Bud.

I just hit 170 at the last track event and am working on widdling down that front half as well.

For a 1.30 60' that thing is NO drama. Very smooth leave. What boost and RPM are you leaving at? Sure looks like it could take more.

Bud

Established Member
Nice job Bud.

I just hit 170 at the last track event and am working on widdling down that front half as well.

For a 1.30 60' that thing is NO drama. Very smooth leave. What boost and RPM are you leaving at? Sure looks like it could take more.

Nice, it is fun to knock down that 170mph wall, the front half seems to be the hard part though. The car has been 1.25 at sea level but the converter is tighter up here with less power off boost at altitude. Next spring we are going to hit it with more timing before full boost ramps in to help flash up higher on the brake and leave a little harder. Yesterday was 4100rpm and 8 to 10lbs on the brake. Agreed, the car hasn't done anything dramatic on the launch so thinking it will safely take some more.

Congrats! I assume that you are itching for 7's now.

I usually try not to get greedy with bench racing, but I do honestly feel it has a 7 in it at sea level now. Hoping to get down to Texas in early spring to do some testing and see if that goal is realistic or not.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Nice, it is fun to knock down that 170mph wall, the front half seems to be the hard part though. The car has been 1.25 at sea level but the converter is tighter up here with less power off boost at altitude. Next spring we are going to hit it with more timing before full boost ramps in to help flash up higher on the brake and leave a little harder. Yesterday was 4100rpm and 8 to 10lbs on the brake. Agreed, the car hasn't done anything dramatic on the launch so thinking it will safely take some more.

I usually try not to get greedy with bench racing, but I do honestly feel it has a 7 in it at sea level now. Hoping to get down to Texas in early spring to do some testing and see if that goal is realistic or not.

You going to make the NMRA event in March again?

Bud

Established Member
Nice video and some great runs! Thanks for posting it! :)

Was lucky to have this guy at the track rolling video yesterday, he gets some good quality stuff. His other vids are pretty cool

You going to make the NMRA event in March again?

I'm going to do my best to fly out to spectate. Unfortunately won't be there with the car this year, just too far of a drive

Users who are viewing this thread