Video of quickest pass this year, 11.04 in 99 Cobra Vert

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Well, I didn't get into the 10s quite yet at 3000 feet altitude, but here is a pretty good video anyway of the best I was able to do. This is on a 150 shot.

http://www.joelynch.org/videos/pen1104.mpg

I have 35 passes and 25 dyno pulls on the new engine combination since going to the forged motor. Nearly all are on a 150 shot. Stock T-45 still hanging in there.

Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Yep, some flames at the top of second gear. I was running a little lean in 1st and 2nd. Not sure why yet. I actually had a little backfire later that night. Didn't hurt anything, just confirmed I was still having some electronics problems. I also had some old plugs in that I changed for the next weekend.

Joe

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a launch. Super run. Nice a straight. Congrats!! :beer:

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Thanks, gentlemen. I put the live axle in nearly two years ago. It has over a 100 launches on it now, the last 60 or so on the juice at 7k rpm. I can't wait to take it apart again in January to check the carrier caps and axles again. Last January when I inspected the parts, you wouldn't even have thought the thing had been run. The 4.56 ring and pinion were moved from the IRS pumpkin to the live axle. I love the Locker......except in the parking garage.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread