Viper ACR goes 7:03 @ Ring!

hey11101

Established Member
I think its super cool what they are doing, almost wish dodge would have done it to send it out with a bang so to speak. It would be pretty insane to break huracan performante lap time of 6:52 , i guess time will tell fingers crossed

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I have gobs of respect for the Vipers and their owners groups...That being said I would bet that some time down the road it will come out that the Viper had "this and that" done to it and was not totally stock...I'm sure that most $ donaters are all Viper owners for their bench racing at "cars and coffees" around the country...The overwhelming majority of Vipers DO NOT race them as most ZO6 owners don't...To me, it just does not make sense on a DISCONTINUED car and it partially tells me it will come out that it's not a stock showroom car because they want to set an unbelievable record and that someone else cannot go out and buy and try to do the same at their local road racing track because they are DISCONTINUED...As for the 18 second claim and the likelihood it will happen again, I will bet you my house it does NOT as this is the same driver as before...my .02 worth.

Greg

lol like no one buys used cars anymore?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The ACR just did 7:03 on its first attempt. Apparently they reserved an hour for a no traffic lap and it rained out. Bummer! No doubt if they go back it's sub 7.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...r-gts-r-nurburgring-ring-lap-time-farnbacher/

They'd better be able to pull a sub-7 lap, considering a Subaru WRX STi just did a 6:57.5; world's fastest sedan time around the 'ring.

That is like equivalent of a driver staying within .84 secs on laps on a more standard race track running a 1:30 lap racetrack.

Formula 1 drivers do it all the time.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They'd better be able to pull a sub-7 lap, considering a Subaru WRX STi just did a 6:57.5; world's fastest sedan time around the 'ring.

A fully gutted Subaru WRX STi race car lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ cant compare a race car on slicks.

The ACR isnt a race car it still has AC, interior, doesnt run slicks, doesnt have a power bump. No comparison. Did that STI racecar have a sequential shifter too? lol

badmpg03

Established Member

No kidding. They are also the best in the world, have completely computerized cars/transmissions, traction control, the best tires....etc.

We are talking about a showroom stick shift viper! I will say it again. I would be suprised if they could lap within +/-3 sec consistently

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

200_s.gif

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Slicks could make a 20 second different on a 14 mile race track. Maybe more???
Night and day bro.
They seem to average a 5 sec difference on our 3 mile track. A bunch of dudes have just made the switch so it's good rough data lol

badmpg03

Established Member
Car can break 7 mins, no question in my mind.
The driver is a clearly a pro, and knows the track, but not world class.
The video of Jan Magnussen in the factory Zr1 at the ring was amazing to watch.

Z06

Established Member
I was literally tired after watching him try to tame that beast.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Car can break 7 mins, no question in my mind.
The driver is a clearly a pro, and knows the track, but not world class.
The video of Jan Magnussen in the factory Zr1 at the ring was amazing to watch.

Yeah, he's decent, but really not that good. Sure, he won at the 24 Hours of Daytona, and finished second at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, but honestly, who hasn't?

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
This goes for any 'ring record attempt - who validates the cars are 100% stock (other than basic suspension adjustments, brake pads,fluids, etc) ? Scouts honor?

badmpg03

Established Member
Yeah, he's decent, but really not that good. Sure, he won at the 24 Hours of Daytona, and finished second at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, but honestly, who hasn't?

Hehe.... Reading my comment now, I see how it came off as snooty. Poor choice of words and not trying to belittle Farnbacher. I know who he is and his accomplishments. Maybe I should have said - aside this guy being a pro and a factory driver for Viper, that lap was not world class. I'm picking on him because we are making reference to every second counts.
With that said, the comment was made that might have been the first hot lap, so need to cut him some slack.

For the sake of arguing - I still view him as a little bit middle of the pack kind of driver. The races referenced are impressive, but as you know endurance races are very much a team win that go 12 or 24 hours with 3 or 4 drivers. Also the races for the most part are about surviving period. So long as you are on the same lap as the leaders, anything can happen the last 1-2 hrs of the race.
Picking on him more since I just read about him, Farnbacher has been in the game 12+ years, 200+ races, but only 5 fast laps set in racing. I think he can break 7 mins no problem.....the car, it might have more in it. I don't know, curious to see what they pull off

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Endurance racing is about fast laps consistently. One who seeks fast lap records are the ones risking a crash by breaking a tenth too late, cornering a little too hot...

Clearly this driver is world class and you are seeing the first lap and not the best hero lap out of two hundred tried on a closed track.

Leonie

Established Member
^ cant compare a race car on slicks.

The ACR isnt a race car it still has AC, interior, doesnt run slicks, doesnt have a power bump. No comparison. Did that STI racecar have a sequential shifter too? lol

You are right insofar as it does not run slicks, but perhaps the closest thing to slicks on a "street legal car"?

At this moment, I am not sure if these Kumhos are even street legal in Europe, > having an ECE approval...

Users who are viewing this thread