VMP Gen 2 dyno results

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If I'm reading this right, you made around 20 more hp and tq in much higher temps. I'm impressed.

Can't beat that, I see 20-40rwhp swing in winter vs summer numbers.

Also quite nice to see a 5.4L motor making a torque number that is square with the HP number.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
My tuner is supposed to email me the run from yesterday, once i get it i'll post it as well.

i don't plan on keeping this stock long block much longer and wanted to be ready when the time comes for more POWA! The real test will be later this year when i can put it back on the dyno in colder temps and at the track mainly to compare times.

Have him email you one that overlays your old graph with your new one. That will really show where the gains are. It's not always about peak numbers. You probably have a much broader power band now. Not that it was broad already.

Once you build the motor, what are your plans to make more power?

BIGYUSM

Established Member
So I am running the 2013 Blower on my 2007, with 2.49 pulley and 10% under drive - What should I expect? Is it worth upgrading to the VMP Gen II ? Thanks

Awesome numbers

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
Have him email you one that overlays your old graph with your new one. That will really show where the gains are. It's not always about peak numbers. You probably have a much broader power band now. Not that it was broad already.

Once you build the motor, what are your plans to make more power?

Not sure yet, haven't thought that far ahead. I'll stick with this setup until it lets go or i have enough funds saved up to build and swap either to a 4.2 or 4.5 twin screw. I'll probably leave this one alone for a bit and start on the 15 once i receive it.

qnitro

Established Member
So Im really looking at the Gen2, you have a 2.4 on the Gen2? Are you running the 15% lower still?? If your not running the lower, you made 750 and 750 on the gen2 with a 2.4 on pump gas?? 91octane? Thats rear wheel :)

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
So Im really looking at the Gen2, you have a 2.4 on the Gen2? Are you running the 15% lower still?? If your not running the lower, you made 750 and 750 on the gen2 with a 2.4 on pump gas?? 91octane? Thats rear wheel :)

My understanding is that he made 750/750 with the 15% lower 2.4 upper combo.

There is a thread in the vendor VMP section the 12 Shelby there put 657 down with a 2.4 upper only and the Gen2 800 kit. So basically a 123 cai, 13/14 inj, 67 vmp TB for the go fast pieces, and some other goodies tossed in.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
My understanding is that he made 750/750 with the 15% lower 2.4 upper combo.

There is a thread in the vendor VMP section the 12 Shelby there put 657 down with a 2.4 upper only and the Gen2 800 kit. So basically a 123 cai, 13/14 inj, 67 vmp TB for the go fast pieces, and some other goodies tossed in.
Didn't think he was asking me. But, yes, mine was right at 750 square on a 2.4/15 percent combo.

93 with some Torco and not a ton of timing. Picked up 51 over GEN II with exact same configuration and 17* advance.

No, you can't do this on 91.

Bj

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member

Yeah i'm running a 2.4 upper with the 15% lower. Yes 750 was on 91 oct. at the rear wheels.

slowbra1

Established Member
Those are corrected numbers ?

Yeah i'm running a 2.4 upper with the 15% lower. Yes 750 was on 91 oct. at the rear wheels.

I'm curious what you made uncorrected and what the DA was at the time of your dyno pulls.

I'm also at altitude in Denver Colorado.

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
I'm curious what you made uncorrected and what the DA was at the time of your dyno pulls.

I'm also at altitude in Denver Colorado.

The correction factor was 1.16 in December when i dynoed the Gen 1 last time. It made 747 then so uncorrected would be around 644ish. That is one reason i don't worry much about being at the limits of my block quite yet, unless i make a trip to California and get to make some passes down there with good air. I believe i could rip off a 9 second pass with good air. Damn the cursed mile high elevations we live in.

Last edited:

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
updated first post with gen 1 vs gen 2 overlay. Looks like i was off on the tq, made 760 not 766.

Users who are viewing this thread