VMP problem

Pat Kelly

Established Member
Has anyone else had a problem with a VMP tune. Back in April I installed a whipple 2.9 on my car and the tune he provided I was not able to drive car. We datalogged back and forth for about 1 month. While still the car would almost stall at stoplight and had a major flutter around 2-3K rpm. After 3 months I tried contacting him and received no response. Luckily for me another member on here pointed me in the right direction. That tuner was able to get tune spot on without a datalog from me. I eventually took car to dyno to dial car in but it was spot on. Still almost 4 months later and numerous emails have not had any contact with VMP. I just find it wrong that these guys take our money and then drop off the face of the earth when there is a problem. At least admit they cant figure it out and offer a credit of some sort.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I have been to Justins shop and he dyno tuned my car. No issues for me.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but he has been a good guy everytime I have met him.

69b302

Established Member
I have the 2.9 with lots of other mods, and VMP tuned the car fine. Maybe you left something off your mod list or something was missed in the tune. If you call VMP versus e-mail, many times Justin will answer phone, and quickly resolve any issue you have.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
Call or email Justin he is one of the best customer service I have ever had. Im sure he will resolve your issue and make it right. I have never had a problem contacting Justin and him responding.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
My guess from experience through the years.....

Justin got too big too fast and can't keep up with the demand. I'm assuming he is still a 1 man band.

Pat Kelly

Established Member
I've tried many times to call, I understand he's a busy guy and its racing season but 10 phone calls a day gets old after awhile.You would figure after 4 months and numerous emails he would respond. I will never spend another dime with VMP

acobra03

Established Member
Has anyone else had a problem with a VMP tune. Back in April I installed a whipple 2.9 on my car and the tune he provided I was not able to drive car. We datalogged back and forth for about 1 month. While still the car would almost stall at stoplight and had a major flutter around 2-3K rpm. After 3 months I tried contacting him and received no response. Luckily for me another member on here pointed me in the right direction. That tuner was able to get tune spot on without a datalog from me. I eventually took car to dyno to dial car in but it was spot on. Still almost 4 months later and numerous emails have not had any contact with VMP. I just find it wrong that these guys take our money and then drop off the face of the earth when there is a problem. At least admit they cant figure it out and offer a credit of some sort.
Sorry to hear about the problems Pat Kelly and I'm glad you got things sorted out. I have to say your post bothers me a bit! So you email the guy but don't call him for months? Why not call him and try to get things straight before you take a shot at him on the web? Kind of a B.S. way to handle things and makes me think you left part of the story out. Just my .02!

davidhuff

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the problems Pat Kelly and I'm glad you got things sorted out. I have to say your post bothers me a bit! So you email the guy but don't call him for months? Why not call him and try to get things straight before you take a shot at him on the web? Kind of a B.S. way to handle things and makes me think you left part of the story out. Just my .02!
I think Pat Kelly said he had called VMP at least 10 times a day,at least that is what he posted.

Kimcobra

Established Member
Well just got my car back together last night, I am running Justins tune so I will let you guys know how it turns out for me,,added 2.59 pulley and idler,Afco daul fan heat exchanger, posi ported blower, and lethal X-pipe,,car should pick up 100hp..I really didn't need to read this..

jcthorne

Established Member
There is definatly more to this story. Justin has been one of THE most customer responsive business owners I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Been doing business with him for years and his ethics have always been top notch and well meaning. I have run his tunes in my Shelby and in our motorhome for years and he has always been helpful along the way.

Pat Kelly

Established Member
Justin did try to help at first. After 5 datalogs car was still wanting to stall and breaking up in mid range. It's the fact that another tuner helped me at no charge just to show me that the problem was with the tune and not something mechanical like Justin was eluding too.

Kimcobra

Established Member
well just did a test run in mine and it seems to be fine,,I am putting it on a dyno Saturday just to be sure,,check A/F an see what the numbers are..I will post back and say how the tune was..:beer:

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
He has tuned two of my cars with no problem. i admit its hard to get a hold of him but he is a great tuner

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'll chime in on this one since I bought some parts from VMP and run his tune. Justin can be hard to get a hold of at times through email or phone calls as he is very busy. I've yet to run into any problems so it hasn't been a big deal, however if I was experiencing the major problems the OP was, I too would also be ready to blow a nut.

IMO, VMP has some of the best products on the market for the GT500, proven by the fact his stuff is sold on just about every major website.

FormerGmc

Established Member
4 tunes from Justin at various modifications. All were fine. As far as tuning with large T/B's, mine and others I know of personally run just fine! :??:

Users who are viewing this thread