VMP Tuning and DepWraith's '13

BigDan

Established Member
images

04svtsnke

Established Member
I got the numbers from Ford Racing so I dont think they are wrong

I'm not sure why you continue to argue the subject when he clearly made the power with the stock maf. I'm sure if there were any problems he would've said not to mention Justin was tuning and would've definitely commented on it( well he did a couple post up from this one). Anyway great numbers op! 700 with a full exhaust I'd think. That's another 1500-2000 for a nice setup but in all about 3k and you have a 700+ rwhp/tq monster, that's just insane!

91svtbird

Established Member
To quote Justin from a previous thread on the MAF:

"The maf is not an issue, they have renormalized the maf period to a higher range. Its possible to renormalize it even more to get additional range."

I'm still waiting for an explanation from Justin in that other thread on what he means by "renormalized". Is he saying Ford changed the sensor in the 13' from the 2012 sensor? If so we all would like to know because up to now Ford said it has not been changed.
Is he saying he can change the sensor calibrations himself?:shrug:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/856345-vmp-pulley-now-available-2.html

:pop:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
^ I knew I had seen that it was changed somewhere- now an explanation of what was actually changed would be nice

blackshelby

I'm not sure why you continue to argue the subject when he clearly made the power with the stock maf. I'm sure if there were any problems he would've said not to mention Justin was tuning and would've definitely commented on it( well he did a couple post up from this one). Anyway great numbers op! 700 with a full exhaust I'd think. That's another 1500-2000 for a nice setup but in all about 3k and you have a 700+ rwhp/tq monster, that's just insane!

Not doubting the power(power is insane) just wondering if the MAF is pegged.
That's not arguing its a question................
If its the same CAI/sensor combo as in 11 and 12 (if is the big question here) it would be pegged at that power level which would warrant a larger CAI to be safe.
Ford up to this point has said it is the same
Ford 750 kit for the 11 and 12 uses a 123 MAF because the stock cai unit is out of range, that kit puts about 650 to the rear wheels.

This car has wide band o2's which do work at WOT, which could be a factor why fuel is still added.

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Great numbers DW, Mad TQ... Watching the video the Blower is screaming.. Resonator Delete= First Mod... 2.4 stock look pulley??? Those numbers with a stock exhaust on a 93 Octane Tune, right...
Outstanding!!!

blackshelby

I did go through the 13 software today and looked at the MAF tranfer fuction curve and it does look like they did change the sensor in the 13 cai .(at least looking in the sotware I got that impression) have to verify part #"s next for the sensor
So its the same housing as 10,11 and 12 but looks like it uses a new/different sensor.
The 13 looks like it will go to about 750rwhp before it is pegged compared to the 11 and 12 that would only go to about 620-640 before being pegged.

Update
I verified the part #'s for the 13 sensor and the 12 are indeed the same.
I am wondering if SCT has an error in the new software.
I need to dig somemore ,something is not right. I am leaning towards the software.
I also called a friend over at Ford Racing today and he did say he was almost postive the 13 cai would be maxed out the same as the 12 (he said he does believe everything is the same)

Last edited:

DepWraith

Established Member
I did go through the 13 software today and looked at the MAF tranfer fuction curve and it does look like they did change the sensor in the 13 cai .(at least looking in the sotware I got that impression) have to verify part #"s next for the sensor
So its the same housing as 10,11 and 12 but looks like it uses a new/different sensor.
The 13 looks like it will go to about 750rwhp before it is pegged compared to the 11 and 12 that would only go to about 620-640 before being pegged.

Update
I verified the part #'s for the 13 sensor and the 12 are indeed the same.
I am wondering if SCT has an error in the new software.
I need to dig somemore ,something is not right. I am leaning towards the software.
I also called a friend over at Ford Racing today and he did say he was almost postive the 13 cai would be maxed out the same as the 12 (he said he does believe everything is the same)

Going by that, wouldn't my car have shut down at that number then?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member

The car will still make power if the MAF was pegged, it just means the MAF does not see any more air into the intake system. You could still be fine fuel wise though since 2011+ cars run closed loo[p wide bands at WOT. They would sense a lean mixture and the car could add fuel. I would imagine there is a limit to how much the the system could correct in that situation, but I have never looked at any of the software.

The only thing I have seen on the MAF is what Justin posted in the toher thread. Maybe he will get back and explain it in greater detail.

blackshelby

Nathan is 100percent correct

It would not shut down if you peg a MAF
The MAF would just not read the addition airflow past its max reading not allowing for addition fuel to be added.
Example if the meter can only read up to a 1000cfm and the motor is now moving 1200cfm it still only tells the computer and thinks it is moving 1000cfm
This car does use wide band o2's even at WOT which would add the fuel if it was going lean(maybe what is happening)
You don't want to ever peg the meter, you want the MAF to be able to see/ read all the air the motor is moving

I am still checking into all and will let you know what I find out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread