Vogtland Sport Springs on 04 Cobra?

04Term-Arch

Established Member
I currently have a 2004 Cobra that I'm wanting to lower strictly for looks and don't want to sacrifice ride quality with overly firm springs. I was looking into getting H&R and a friend of mine suggested looking into Vogtland Suspension.
Has anyone tried using Vogtland? What did you think?

Here are the springs I'm looking at:
Vogtland Lowering Spring Kits Ford Mustang 2003 - 2004 953086

tnuce10

Established Member
I've never heard of them on this forum, but when I had my B6 A4 alot of people on Audizine.com used them....their products got pretty good reviews.

I'd say its definitely worth giving them a shot

BBCOBRA

Established Member
That's what I did. I cut 3/4 of a coil all the way around. It lowers the rear a little more than the front, leveling the car out. Ride quality is the same. I really like it.

I've heard of the vogtland springs. That is what I was considering puttin on my GT. I know some one who had a set on their Gt and liked them. I have never had any one comment on the cobra springs though.

tnuce10

Established Member
Not looking to start a pissing match, but I don't understand how guys buy all top quality parts for everything but decide to cut corners and chop their springs. It makes no sense to me, but to each their own! :beer:

I can't wait to get rid of the POS cut stockers that came on my car

Tractionless1

Established Member
Not looking to start a pissing match, but I don't understand how guys buy all top quality parts for everything but decide to cut corners and chop their springs. It makes no sense to me, but to each their own! :beer:

I can't wait to get rid of the POS cut stockers that came on my car

They're a linear rate spring not a progressive, there is no problem cutting them. Does it make sense to you now? If not waste your money on getting aftermarket springs that ride like crap and give the exact same stance as cut stock.
I went from Steeda Sports in the front back to cut stockers. The bullcrap honda bounce over ripples etc. is gone and it rides like a gem on the highway.

Last edited:

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
had vogtland but switched to h&r race. ride fair but stance too high in rear still. h&r much better..............may be able to give you a deal if interested.

tnuce10

Established Member
They're a linear rate spring not a progressive, there is no problem cutting them. Does it make sense to you now? If not waste your money on getting aftermarket springs that ride like crap and give the exact same stance as cut stock.
I went from Steeda Sports in the front back to cut stockers. The bullcrap honda bounce over ripples etc. is gone and it rides like a gem on the highway.

That makes some sense...funny screen name by the way

04Term-Arch

Established Member
Most likely going to go with H&R Race. I've seen that some cars require caster camber plates and others haven't. I'm planning on going with them from MM. Anyone have complaints about those? Other suggestions?

KILRSVT

Established Member
There's no way to correctly lower our cars with the stock front suspension
the front control geometry gets ruined ... Go ahead and look at your control arms with the car sitting there already moving upwards and not even with the kmember as they should be ... So in the end no matter what lowering springs
you get you're still kinda not doin it right anyway

Users who are viewing this thread