Vortech Kits.. what's the difference?

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I see various combinations offered by various tuners/retails and the standard options from Vortech for superchargers for our cars.

Ready to purchase, just not sure on which kit I want.

I do not want to jepordize daily driving abilities, and williing to sacrafice hp for the driveability. I plan on installing myself and would really like to just have a standard safe tune on the car.

Let me know what you guys have done or which Vortech kit you would recommend and why.

Thanks for all and any input!

Josh

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I have the best prices around and can offer you some of the best advise around since we install 2-3 kit a week. If you want an honest break down on vortech/paxton/ or procharger i will help you out.

Dont for get JPC when you think of blowers we have been racing supercharged cars for a long time.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
OP, just get the base V3 blower kit. ITs the kit you can get in black as an option. It will make around 520whp with the stock air box and the vortech included tune. It will drive like stock as well. And if you end up wanting more power down the road you can change out the intake filter and get a custom tun and be close to or slightly over 600whp which is the "safe" limit of the stock motor. If yo everplan on building the motor and making big power then go with the paxton 2200sl. Its the same kit as the base vortech with a MUCH bigger head unit that can/will support over 1000rwhp.

Talk with Beefcake, he has the cheapest prices I have been able to find(by a good margin).

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Either Vortech or paxton kits will give you what you want. I believe the paxton is a little bigger than the base vortech so it can give more power up top but if your just running a stock pulley they are pretty much the same. I got the Paxton from Beefcake and love it. He has the best prices hands down. Jpc pricing was second best. Either companies will be able to help you with anything you need. I daily drive my car with around 550whp and it hasn't given me any problems for 8000 miles.

Last edited:

S197OnSpray

Established Member
+1 for JPC, give them a call. Eric/Aaron beat any and everyones price on the Paxton. They beat beefcakes price by a good margin for me. They'll take good care of you.

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Either Vortech or paxton kits will give you what you want. I believe the paxton is a little bigger than the base vortech so it can give more power up top but if your just running a stock pulley they are pretty much the same. I got the Paxton from Beefcake and love it. He has the best prices hands down. Jpc pricing was second best. Either companies will be able to help you with anything you need. I daily drive my car with around 550whp and it hasn't given me any problems for 8000 miles.

Thanks man. Just remember when you need help or have a problem you can call us here at the the shop any day of the week and we will help you! our phones are always on :rockon:

+1 for JPC, give them a call. Eric/Aaron beat any and everyones price on the Paxton. They beat beefcakes price by a good margin for me. They'll take good care of you.

Thanks Man! :banana:

2FST-4U

Established Member
Thanks man. Just remember when you need help or have a problem you can call us here at the the shop any day of the week and we will help you! our phones are always on :rockon:

Thanks Man! :banana:
but you guys dont offer remote tunning. and you can with terry (beefcake) and he has the best prices on the vortech/paxton kits.

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
but you guys dont offer remote tunning. and you can with terry (beefcake) and he has the best prices on the vortech/paxton kits.

It's lund's tuning so you can contact him on that one seperately! You have to ask yourself the question though.. do you need the beefcake kit with 1000cc injectors and a boost a pump for a DD and stock pulley? chances are no so get the tuner kit do either 47 or 60lbs injectors and call Lundracing and do a remote tune and you will be hundreds less than a Vortech or paxton kit!

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
After ALOT of reading I see no reason to go the vortech route. The Paxton will give you significant room to grow if need be. If not it will make the same power as the vortech at lower boost levels which is definitely nice for a daily driver.

S197OnSpray

Established Member

Quite trying to turn this into a pissing match between JPC and Beefcake Racing over the pricing. From what I understand these companies have a good working relationship and probably don't want any internet bashing over who has the lowest unpublished price on a supercharger kit. I have pricing from Beefcake, JPC and SuperchargersOnline. JPC had the lowest price, just took a simple phone call to get it. I'm sure the same would happen with Terry if I would have called him second to beat the current lowest price I had. By the way not all of us give a shit about remote tuning but if you do then by all means base your decision on that, just don't act like your getting less from JPC for more money.

2FST-4U

Established Member
Quite trying to turn this into a pissing match between JPC and Beefcake Racing over the pricing. From what I understand these companies have a good working relationship and probably don't want any internet bashing over who has the lowest unpublished price on a supercharger kit. I have pricing from Beefcake, JPC and SuperchargersOnline. JPC had the lowest price, just took a simple phone call to get it. I'm sure the same would happen with Terry if I would have called him second to beat the current lowest price I had. By the way not all of us give a shit about remote tuning but if you do then by all means base your decision on that, just don't act like your getting less from JPC for more money.
lol

RFM50

Established Member
I would say who ever you decide to go through to buy the kit, go Paxton. Much more room for improvement at a lower cost for improvements. I have had a great experience with my Paxton. With the right tune it has great street manors. Traction will become your biggest problem but that's a good problem to have.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
OP, remember that the base vortech blower is quiet. If you go paxton, from everything I have heard you will have to listen to a whining blower ALL THE TIME. Thats my only reservation about going paxton. Its not quiet. There is nothing wrong with it, most people just get sick of the whinning after a couple weeks.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
OP, remember that the base vortech blower is quiet. If you go paxton, from everything I have heard you will have to listen to a whining blower ALL THE TIME. Thats my only reservation about going paxton. Its not quiet. There is nothing wrong with it, most people just get sick of the whinning after a couple weeks.

They both have helical gears, not straight cut. All the videos I've seen you can barely notice any blower noise.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member

I have heard both in person and they sound pretty similiar to be honest. When cruising you only hear my blower around 1100rpm with my 3.15 gears and when idle with the hood closed you only really hear it when the idle is hanging at start or if its really cold.

With the hood open its a different story:
[youtube_browser]dF37VAYLNkU[/youtube_browser]

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
We can offer the Vortech's or Paxtons at a very good price as well. We have tuned many with either kit and our customer's on this site can agree with that. Their are many options to choose. Both offer their advantages over the other too. A2A is great for street use. A2W offers more cooling aspects in the long run but a lot more is involved.

I had a vortech v2 s trim on my 3v with a full-on A2W upgrade and it helped a lot. Though it did it old always draining the water and re-filling the ice box at the track. On hot / humid days, you can tell too. But when it worked.... it worked very well.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Vortech's base kit is a V3 kit. Then they go to a T trim, then a JT trim kit.

The paxton base kit for the same money the 2200 is the same head unit as the JT trim.

It really depends on the power level you are looking for.

If 525 - 600 rwhp is all you want, the Vortech is going to be closer to it's pea efficiency range.

If you want to be closer to 600 with plans of growing to more. Then the Paxton is the way to go.

Tuner kits do not include fuel upgrades, or a tuning device.

Complete kits come with everything you need to load in your garage and go. Currently complete kits are offered for 11/12 manuals, and 11 autos. What you have to remember, is if you have any other modifications, such as offroad pipes or headers or something, your going to need a seperate tune anyway.

Thats why we offer the remote tuning through lund racing. Lund racing currently tunes the 3 quickest coyote's in the country. And 6 of the quickest 8.

As far as the Team Beefcake / JPC thing, i'll say this. I will not be beat on a price by a "large margin", as we are all selling these kits for virtually no profit. Get a price from me, get a price from them. Buy from where you feel comfortable.

I love the guys at JPC, I am a dealer for them, and I run their parts on my car. Line Loc, Stage 1 heads, and JPC Cam regrinds. I run their logo on my car. I have nothing but great things to say about the guys.

That's that.

I also offer a special package I put together that includes the tuner kit, remote tune, extra pulley, BAP, and ID 1000 injectors. The package will take you over 700rwhp with the 2200 kit with good fuel.

The nice thing about the remote tuning is you can put the kit on yourself if you choose, you'll have a base tune waiting to load in the car. And you can tune it on the street, or on the dyno of your choice.

Anything you need, let me know!

Beef
513-478-1965

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread