Vortech sux!!

lightning_2000

Established Member
what a disappointin labor day weekend:mad:

i bought this new vortech v2 sq headunit may 27th of last year
which puts me out of warranty 3 months. i called and they was nice enough to say they will replace the impellar and put new bearings for $800 bux
so looks like i will be selling a vortech sq kit very soon.. talking cheap someone can rebuild it and have a new kit for cheap.

To make myself feel better i went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered a novi 2000 kit.. comes with intercooler and dave pickrels brackets and intercooler piping...nicely powdercoated so my engine bay should look really good. it should be a real nice kick in the pants:heart:

so without further ado here are the sq pics... mind you its a year old truck has 5000 miles since last year blower was on for 3000 miles, i dont drive it a whole lot it is my toy.. it was pulleyed 8 inch lower and 3.15 upper making 12 psi at stock shift points thru the 393 motor

i finally got around to it 2day to pull the upper intake and get all the blades out of it:scared1:, changed oil, and pulled plugs and compression test.. so far so good:thumbup:

l_5d6a33f8286fd42721b3c7c4e06b80bc.jpg

notice the marks that vortech puts on the shaft and impellar have moved.. dont know how that happened:headscratch:
l_9ae39959476007b58c11ee97e814aa7c.jpg

l_19b500964312a6455371b698687fb198.jpg

l_a01a71bbd5c56b63fd604e76dd3ca348.jpg

l_31e56dc2470c78c303945b6696e9be7d.jpg

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Belt could have been too tight, not aligned correctly, not enough oil flow, there are literally hundreds of factors that could have caused this so don;t go blaming vortech.. lol.

lightning_2000

Established Member
Belt could have been too tight, not aligned correctly, not enough oil flow, there are literally hundreds of factors that could have caused this so don;t go blaming vortech.. lol.

belt was aligned..even had pulleys shaved for perfect alignment. high volume pump with only royal purple oil.. and belt wasnt to tight:dw:
vortech sux.. they wont get any more of my money.. thats 4 kits i have got from them:fm:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
my friend does a lot of metal work/repair for them. also the polishing shop we use does too. they cheap out on the materials they use. ive seen two of my own friends with brand new vortech kits have problems with them :nonono:

and dont even ask about the fiasco with the svt contour kits they were making. they dont even like helping people who still have those kits. they try to act as if they never even made them for the car :nonono:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Well when you put the vortech in the market forum, you should prolly use a different title then this thread title

totenkopf13

Trouser Snake
Established Member
Sucks. I had a V1 s-trim on my prior Mustang. No problems. lol on changing the title when it enters the Market Forum. Good luck w/ the Novi2000.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Well when you put the vortech in the market forum, you should prolly use a different title then this thread title

:lol:

and plenty of people have had success with their products, so i know they work. i just know 2 personal friends who've had major issues with them and the part about the materials quality :read:

Eddie Z

Established Member
Just so you know, NOVI 2000s are now made by...you guessed it....Vortech engineering.

lightning_2000

Established Member
now made by.. vortech.

i bought a novi 2000 that vortech didnt make. so no piss in my cornflakes.;)

vortech is sold. didnt have to put in the market. and i had 2 2000 model gt stangs with vortech blowers. they worked good, but i never pulleyed them. part i was maddest about was warranty was out by 3 months . hell i hardly drive the truck. good luck vortech owners. all im saying is i will never buy another vortech blower

Users who are viewing this thread