Vortech YSI

13 GT/CS

Established Member
Anyone have some numbers or times running a Vortech YSI? About to upgrade from my JT and wanted to see some real world results. Thanks!

GBCoyote

Established Member
Pretty sure a guy I know has been into the 1000hp area with a YSI. He was making 940 or so with the Novi 2200 and switched to the YSI. I then purchased the paxton kit from him.

Stevem17500

Established Member
I made 998 whp with 23psi...wit more room left on the blower and combo...it's also for sale or tRade if u want

Last edited:

D98GT

Established Member
What has made you believe you've maxed the JT out? Billet or just regular wheel?

I'm just curious as I made 850ish on a novi2200 even

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
if your maxing out a jt, i would do the billet ysi, really give you some more jump.

jt is an 8 second blower in the right setup, billet ysi should be able to go 7s in the right setup

Bradleypro

Established Member
if your maxing out a jt, i would do the billet ysi, really give you some more jump.

jt is an 8 second blower in the right setup, billet ysi should be able to go 7s in the right setup

What's the right setup? I'm trying to finish my ysi build. Right now just waiting on tune

92fiveohfox

Established Member
He's going to say Lund but imo once you get that fast, you need a local tuner who knows what he's doing.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Who do you recommend for tuning

Lund tunes most of the quickest/fastest centri guys. Have a lot of data from terry's car with a YSI and also a JT-B.

He's going to say Lund but imo once you get that fast, you need a local tuner who knows what he's doing.

Don't always need a local tuner, it would be ideal but not a need. Lund has a good handle on these cars.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I agree with you for a slower car but for 8s the tune needs to be spot on, especially the trans. The easiest/best way to do that will be have a local tuner there at the track. Otherwise it will be a lots of sending log after log for revision after revision. I think juiced said it took him over 100 revisions on his snow white car to get it to go 8s.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
1070.jpg

Bradleypro

Established Member

That's awesome. I got a guy tuning my car now he only pulled up to 6k and it was doing 19 psi at 700rwhp he's gonna finish tuning start of next week I believe had to order a new oil line. But does that number sound right? It's the ysi not the ysi b but I do have full exhaust stage 3 cams and a boss intake and through a 6r80

Users who are viewing this thread