Wa cruise part 2

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Hi there guys!

I drove down later, since I just got home late the night before from overseas as I had posted that I would be doing. Got to Anacortes just before 1:00 PM, looked all around there then left there at 2:00PM and then drove up the Chuckanut and left there at 3:15 PM. Didnt' see a sign of anyone. Stopped at the Ford dealer and several other points but nobody had seen the group. Tried calling jumpincactus on the cel number that he gave, about 20 times from 12 noon on but kept getting the message that the user was not taking any calls!

Had a nice drive but somewhat frustrating and disappointing not to meet everyone. Was I too late for the above points or did I leave too early?

Some suggestions for the next time:

- Because people are coming in from various directions and may not be able to meet at the initial starting point, set some intermediate points and times.

- Establish a lunch spot and time, and how long you will stay there.

- Have a cellular phone number, or preferrably at least two established and leave it on.

Jumpincactus you had said to call on your cel phone. If you are the organizer and state a cel number for contact LEAVE THE DAMNED THING ON!!!!!

jumpincactus you will owe me a beer the next time! But I am still looking forward to a next time!!

Gord

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Well Gords I am sorry but there are some things I have no control over. My cell service sucks. I had it on all day. I never heard it ring. Or were there any calls missed. I'm not doubting you called. I am sorry you missed us. But don't shoot me I have no control over the crappy service I get with Quallcom. Hopefully by next cruise I will have a different phone. :) There will be more cruises this summer and I will buy you a beer gladly. PEACE

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Hi jumpincactus!

No problem, I had a good drive anyway. My comments were mainly to be constructive so that the next time we (including myself!) are more organized.

If we establish two or three different cel numbers that could help cover for lack of cel coverage on some of our phones. My cel number is 604 649 3533 and I'll post it again before the next cruise.

I spoke to William - terminated and saw his photo's so it looks like a good time was had by all, but the turnout could hopefully be better the next time!

Gord

webpi

Established Member
Hi SVTers, a great car show and gathering:

SVT Rendezvous & Picnic & SVT/Ford car show
Saturday, May 3rd

10am to 2pm

Marymoor park
6046 w. lake sammamish Pkwy. NE
Redmond, WA

36 trophies classes for Gen 1 and 2 Lightnings, various generation Cobras as well as SVT Focus and SVT Contours)
First, second and third place trophies for each class. Dash plaques for first 100 entries.

$15 entrance fee per vehicle, includes lunch (hot dogs, chips & soda)

See you all there.

jumpincactus

Established Member
Hey Levi are ya coming down for this . I hope so been wanting to know how you 03 is running now that you got your Billet Flow idling issues squared away. Hows she running.???

I was wondering. If you come down I would be very grateful if you would switch rides with me for about 5 mins so I can compare the throttle response Etc. are you happy with your purchase..??? PS see you all there

Last edited:

webpi

Established Member
Hi SVTers
April Meeting will be held at Champs in Bothell.

Join us for a great meeting, food, and go-karting fun on

Tuesday April 8 at 7:30pm. Informal go-karting before and after the meeting. Don't miss out on this meeting! We will be discussing and making plans for our SVT Rendezvous which will be held on May 3rd at Marymoor Park in Redmond. Everyone's input and ideas are welcome...Good time to order your svt jacket...

webpi

Established Member
Hi Everyone, don't know if you have had your fill of cobra cruises, but Seattle SVT Owners Assoc is sponsoring one this Saturday . Since this is Pacific NW, rain or shine it is. We will be leaving on the cruise from the rest stop just north of Marysville on I 5. Not sure of the mile marker but they tell me it is the only rest stop on I 5 north of Marysville. The cruise will leave at 9:30 am but get there earlier for pictures, chatting and checking out the other cars. My goal is to get there just before 9am. We will follow Chuckanut drive (a very scenic route, I’ve been told), stopping for lunch and then back to Marysville. Bill Green in his 03 blue Cobra will lead the cruise. You do not have to be a member to join us on the cruise, although when you are mellow from a great lunch, we might give you an application for the local SVTOA to ponder before the May 3rd car show in Redmond. Looking forward to seeing you and your cobras. Best wishes, Bill Meehan

jumpincactus

Established Member
Bill since it has been so long since this original thread was posted you may want to start a fresh thread. The reason I mention this is after time some of us delete the thread from our notification process so some of the fella's might not be getting an email to tell them that this thread is alive again. I will try to make it :) So that will be Sat the 26th correct? Do you have a head count yet?

Last edited:

webpi

Established Member
Thanks, good idea, posted new. We have invited SVTOA Seattle, NLOC, WA, this group and Focus owners. If it's Sunny, lots of cars, if rainy, lots of wet cars. We do not have a head count, you know how it is, people plan to attend and then something happens. No matter how many, it should be fun. Hope to see you there and thanks for your ideas. Bill

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Originally posted by webpi
Thanks, good idea, posted new. We have invited SVTOA Seattle, NLOC, WA, this group and Focus owners. If it's Sunny, lots of cars, if rainy, lots of wet cars. We do not have a head count, you know how it is, people plan to attend and then something happens. No matter how many, it should be fun. Hope to see you there and thanks for your ideas. Bill

:??: :??: Don't see the new post :shrug: is there something going on prior to the May 3rd deal?

webpi

Established Member
Sorry if I messed up the post. the car show in Redmond is on 5-3-03 and a cruise will be on 4-26-03 as follows:
Hi Everyone, don't know if you have had your fill of cobra cruises, but Seattle SVT Owners Assoc is sponsoring one this Saturday . Since this is Pacific NW, rain or shine it is. We will be leaving on the cruise from the rest stop just north of Marysville on I 5. Not sure of the mile marker but they tell me it is the only rest stop on I 5 north of Marysville. The cruise will leave at 9:30 am but get there earlier for pictures, chatting and checking out the other cars. My goal is to get there just before 9am. We will follow Chuckanut drive (a very scenic route, I’ve been told), stopping for lunch and then back to Marysville. Bill Green in his 03 blue Cobra will lead the cruise. You do not have to be a member to join us on the cruise, although when you are mellow from a great lunch, we might give you an application for the local SVTOA to ponder before the May 3rd car show in Redmond. Looking forward to seeing you and your cobras. Best wishes, Bill Meehan

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Hi guys!

I might be able to make it from Vancouver. Am going to an open track event for the Performance Drivers Association, sponsored by the Portland Porsche club, on Friday April 25th. Should come back through Seattle, then Marysville on the Saturday AM heading north and will try to be there.

Last cruise I never did meet up so can we post some cel phone numbers that I can call in case we miss the meeting point? Mine is 604 649 3533.

Hope to see you Saturday,

Gord

webpi

Established Member
Hope that you can make it, will enjoy hearing how your trip to Portland was. The group will leave the rest stop at 9:30am sharp. I will leave my cell phone on 425-922-9219. We will be heading up chucknut drive and stop for brunch/lunch, details above. After lunch, you can head for home, or back south. Hope you can make the car show in Redmond on 5-3-03. best wishes, bill meehan.

webpi

Established Member
Hi Gord, great to meet you and Gloria today. It turned out to be a great day for a cruise and a nice meal. Did not get a chance to see how your Portland adventure went, hope to see you next week. best wishes, Bill

jumpincactus

Established Member
Bill do you happen to have that ole boys email address. You know the dude with the Lightning. Can't remember his name. He wants me to hook him up with a cold air kit for his lightning. I forgot to get his email addy. Email me with his if you have it. Otherwise I will see him at the SVTOA event at Marrymoore park next weekend. Thx partner Great cruise BTW

Users who are viewing this thread