Wanna play a guessing game? Dyno...

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
So I finally got around to getting it tuned since I did the tvs.

Saturday they made me a base tune so I could just drive it up. (About a 30 second drive away)

Today I went up and they are just getting ready to start tuning.

My upgrades are

2014 takeoff tvs and elbow
Frpp CJ 65mm TB
Jlt 127mm intake
2.39 bps pulley
Gates green belt
Bosch 72's
Kenne bell BAP
C&R dual fan heat exchanger
Off road X pipe
170* thermostat
Motorcraft sp417 plugs gapped at 32

Also a bunch of monitoring and suspension upgrades done.

Take a guess at what it's going to put down. Keep in mind that this is on a MUSTANG dyno. Also I only had about a 1/4 tank of 93 in it so I had to fill it up with this shitty winter gas.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
I hope it around 640-650. If it's not then I'm going to send out the blower to bps and get ported and buy their new TB and elbow.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Mustang Dyno....Hmm I'll say 620. Look at my mods, they are about the same as yours sans the 72's (13/14) and the Bap. (11). I dropped 619/618 on a 80 degree day so I would say you may be a bit above, but around the 620~625 mark.

Venom07

Established Member
I have similar mods with but with 10% lower and put down 633hp 629trq on 15 deg timing on the lower rpm range then climbs to 17deg above 6k rpm. Oh, but used stock upper pulley that came with SC. Made 20.5 lbs of boost. Sooooooo my guess, about the same as mine. If so, dont be discouraged about low 600 numbers cause when you drive it, car will move like a bat out of hell!!! Hope you have some suspension mods. I cant keep the car straight. I just beat a built bullitt making 680hp on a mustang dyno lol so trust me when I say that your car will move. Good luck and have lots of fun.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
Thanks guys. They ran into a pretty bad exhaust leak with the cheap off road pipe I put on. I told them do whatever they have to do to make it work and fix it. So it may take an extra hour or two. I know and understand a dyno number don't mean anything because it's just a tuning tool. I still would like it to say a higher number though. Lol.

As for suspension, I have frpp springs, bmr lca's, bmr relo brackets, bmr panhard bar and a bmr radiator support. I also got rid of the sway bars. The car never sees any corners unless I'm taking a turn on the next street

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
I have similar mods with but with 10% lower and put down 633hp 629trq on 15 deg timing on the lower rpm range then climbs to 17deg above 6k rpm. Oh, but used stock upper pulley that came with SC. Made 20.5 lbs of boost. Sooooooo my guess, about the same as mine. If so, dont be discouraged about low 600 numbers cause when you drive it, car will move like a bat out of hell!!! Hope you have some suspension mods. I cant keep the car straight. I just beat a built bullitt making 680hp on a mustang dyno lol so trust me when I say that your car will move. Good luck and have lots of fun.

How did you get 20psi with the stock 3" upper.

Venom07

Established Member
Well from my understanding the stock pulley on the 2013 tvs is a 2.71 pulley not a 3 inch. Im also using a SCJ throttlebody not the twin 65 and stock manifolds. Probably reason why boost reads so high.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
If you want to say a higher number you can always say 750 crank HP lol.

True. Lol.

I just ran up to the shop to see how things were doing and they were pulling it off the lift to start the tuning. This was at 3pm (50 min ago) and they close at 6 so they are going to try and finish it today.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
Good. I hope they finish today. Roads are dry and there is a snow storm suppose to be coming tomorrow and Wednesday.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Mine just made 648 with almost identical mods on a DJ. However you never know on a MD.

Last edited by a moderator:

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
Red, what exactly is your setup?

Also sorry to disapoint, but they didn't finish today. I wouldn't have posted this thread if I thought it would take another day. I'm fine they didn't rush it. Sure hope the weather is nice tomorrow so I can drive it home.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Buddy of mine made 648 same setup you have on a MD...same dyno I made 712 last season on. Thats where u should be if dyno is calibrated properly with car weight and power @ 50

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Red, what exactly is your setup?

Also sorry to disapoint, but they didn't finish today. I wouldn't have posted this thread if I thought it would take another day. I'm fine they didn't rush it. Sure hope the weather is nice tomorrow so I can drive it home.

It made 648 on 5 smoothing. This is 0 smoothing. Pwr mods: TVS 17lbs (2.4), JLT, whipple mono, x-pipe, mufflers, MMP tune.

dyno4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread