Want all the options on your 458? Will cost you roughly $150,000

Quik Z06

Established Member
They are the top of the lineup go to Ferrari.com and get educated. The only thing above it is the LAFerrari which is so limited why bring it up? I guess you must be talking Enzo, F40 & F50. I was speaking of currently made models with larger production numbers.

Lol, I'm pretty sure your not going to school treynor on ferrari's!

MiamiSnake

Established Member
Lol, I'm pretty sure your not going to school treynor on ferrari's!

Not going to school on them but my father is about to buy one and I was with him at the dealership going over the models and looking at them. My father's previous car was a Murci which the difference between a Gallardo and Murci in the eyes of actual owners is huge. This would hold true to owners with F12's and 458 Italia's.

The cost of a base 458 is low 200 grand and a base F12 is low 300 grand. I would just get a higher end model instead of dropping a 100 grand more to make a lower end model look more special.

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
Miami, you do realize Treynor owns a 1 of 1 Ferrari in the WORLD, and was flown to Italy by Ferrari to have it presented to him at a huge media event by the senior officials of the company itself, right?

I'm truly not trying to be on his sack and I apologize if it sounds like I am, but he could almost guaranteed have quite nearly any Ferrari in the world to choose from.

The car itself is important, but true aficionados notice more who is captaining it down the track. I think that's the point he was trying to make and it holds true for most automotive makers that are big in the racing industry.

Btw, go back to your ferrari.com and see if any of those cars come in at over $1,000,000. Search his thread history and read the corresponding yahoo/jalopnik articles and, as you say, "get educated".

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I never thought I'd see the day when someone with a MUSTANG tries to school Ben on a FERRARI. That's about as retarded as someone with a 13-second Mustang talking shit about a LS-swapped Mustang running 9s. :lol:

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
They are the top of the lineup go to Ferrari.com and get educated. The only thing above it is the LAFerrari which is so limited why bring it up? I guess you must be talking Enzo, F40 & F50. I was speaking of currently made models with larger production numbers.

and you just went full retarded... next you'll be telling Treynor how google works

MiamiSnake

Established Member
Oh, I see... Treynor owns a one of a kind Ferrari. I apologize for not knowing who he is in the SVTPerformance forum world... When I go to Ferrari Maserati of Fort Lauderdale, I will make sure to always know I don't own a 1 of a kind Ferrari so I must not know anything. Noted, thanks guys.

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
lol he doesn't just own one Ferrari... but telling someone, who knows more about ferrari than your ferrari.com intelligence, that he doesn't know anything about ferrari is just slightly ignorant and it might take a little more than siting Ferrari.com as a source to make your self a little more credible.

Last edited:

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
Oh, I see... Treynor owns a one of a kind Ferrari. I apologize for not knowing who he is in the SVTPerformance forum world... When I go to Ferrari Maserati of Fort Lauderdale, I will make sure to always know I don't own a 1 of a kind Ferrari so I must not know anything. Noted, thanks guys.

9a623_ORIG-freeman_2D00_he_2D00_mad.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
MiamiSnake got in a little over his head..

MGC

Established Member
458's are for the wannabe's... Want to be unique and respected then get a higher end Ferrari like a F12 Berlinetta or 599 GTO.

Uh. Not to burst your bubble, but F12s and 599 GTOs are not the top of the Ferrari food chain either.

The sure-fire way I have found to get respect in the Ferrari crowd: Being fast on the track. They (and I guess now that's "we") really respect great drivers. IMO, that's as it should be.

Not going to school on them but my father is about to buy one and I was with him at the dealership going over the models and looking at them. My father's previous car was a Murci which the difference between a Gallardo and Murci in the eyes of actual owners is huge. This would hold true to owners with F12's and 458 Italia's.

The cost of a base 458 is low 200 grand and a base F12 is low 300 grand. I would just get a higher end model instead of dropping a 100 grand more to make a lower end model look more special.

1. He doesn't just own a 1 of a kind Ferrari.. do a little research before you reply to this thread any more. It's quite hilarious that you're telling him to get educated. :lol:

2. He's saying money doesn't buy respect. Doesn't matter if you have an Enzo, if you can't drive it for crap then you won't be respected.

3. Your DAD is about to buy a Ferrari, good for him. You come off as a spoiled brat though.

4. You're assuming that someone who buys a 458 can't buy a "real" Ferrari, :lol: and that someone who writes a check for the most expensive Ferrari should automatically be respected, regardless of skill. Again, hilarious.

Monster Mach

Established Member

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/12/treynor/

Just goin to leave that there for you :) it even refrences our site and Kyle lol

Kiohtee

Established Member
In defense of MiamiSnake, not that I want to or he deserves it, but unless I missed it somewhere he never said Ben owns "just one Ferrari," so stop hanging on that. :rollseyes

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Heh. Ignoring for the moment that the 599 GTO is also a limited-production non-current model, and also ignoring (for reasons I expect are becoming clear) your Ferrari-specific knowledge assertion, I believe see the point you're after: for the cost of an optioned-out 458 a person could also buy an F12. I'll offer my personal perspective - they are two completely different cars (mid engine vs front engine, GT car vs sports car) and I never considered cross-shopping between them, nor did anyone else I know who has one. People are currently curious about the F12 because they're still quite rare, but soon they'll be curious about the 458 Speciale, and then about the LaFerrari, etc.

Finally, regarding the Ferrari lineup, let me expand your horizons. Just looking at recent models, and ignoring the >$3M historical cars, there's also the SA Aperta, the 16M, the 458 Challenge and GT3/..., the FXX and 599XX, the 333SP, and of course the F1 cars. If it's instant envy you seek in an enthusiast crowd, very little would trump casually mentioning that you own Schumacher's championship-winning F2004 . But then, as I mentioned earlier, you'd better be able to drive it!

Users who are viewing this thread