want to fly into Honduras?

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
I guess this is a standard landing at this airport in Honduras.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loC-HnBRpaU&feature=fvsr"]YouTube - Toncontin Feb 2009 - Risky Landing.mp4[/nomedia]

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
man oh man that was a late landing!!! I just saw a show on tv about the scariest airports in the world and this was at #2. Not only is the approach completely blocked by the hill, but the end of the short runway is a 60 foot cliff to the roadway below. Apparently in the 80's a plane ran off right onto rush hour traffic. Yikes.

and for anyone wondering the #1 scariest airport was in Nepal and is mainly used to get to Everest.

99svtkjeld

Established Member
I just took a short tour in Honduras and flew in and out of that airport many times! If you want excitment and feel like you're risking your life everytime you take off just take a flight into there.

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
I have flown into this airport quite a few years back on a missions trip. It was definitely a butt puckering landing, lol. The runway doesnt look big enough for the planes that land there and as your coming in you feel like your going to hit the ground in a few places. Very interesting place to fly into.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
This scared me when I saw the title because I just got back from Honduras on Jan 18 but we fly into and out of San Pedro. We did have a delay when we were leaving because the plane tires were full of nails that they ran over on the runway. Thank goodness they caught that on the pre-trip inspection. I def didn't mind the 1 1/2 hour delay so they could change the tire.

bmoseley

who farted?
Established Member
This scared me when I saw the title because I just got back from Honduras on Jan 18 but we fly into and out of San Pedro. We did have a delay when we were leaving because the plane tires were full of nails that they ran over on the runway. Thank goodness they caught that on the pre-trip inspection. I def didn't mind the 1 1/2 hour delay so they could change the tire.

wow

97gts

Established Member

How do nails end up on a runway in the first place? :dw:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, that was definitely a scary landing. I'd say that pilot has some major skill....and major nerves of steel. Wow!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
lol that's so crazy. I would probably be that guy screaming YEAH! when we landed after thinking I was just going to die haha

Users who are viewing this thread