Wanting more..

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
Hey guys, 2014 shelby owner here with a 2.4 pulley, intake, and FRTB. I had an O/R pipe on the car but put the factory cats back on after several failed attempts to pass inspection. I want more power from the car but not sure what the limit is for these cats. Car put down 680/700 before the cats were thrown back on. Would love to see if others have any experience safely squeezing more power out of these cars. Thanks for all the help.

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
I just ordered a pair of factory size Toyo r888r’s for the rear. Will these hold with 4.10s?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered a pair of factory size Toyo r888r’s for the rear. Will these hold with 4.10s?
No

I run 305/35 R888 with 3:73s
Aired down to 27 psi
Everything grabs hard bottom of 2nd gear
My car is FBO making 725/710

Make sure your suspension is done. That plays a part in good traction

Last edited:

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
I had MT’s on the car but had to get rid of them due to swaying at high speeds. I tried reducing the tire pressure as some suggested but it didn’t help. Hopefully the Toyo’s with a stiffer sidewall will fix that issue. I will look into suspension mods as well as the car desperately needs that too. Will look into the gears as a next potential mod. Thanks for the recommendation.

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
No

I run 305/35 R888 with 3:73s
Aired down to 27 psi
Everything grabs hard bottom of 2nd gear
My car is FBO making 725/710

Make sure your suspension is done. That plays a part in good traction
What suspension mods do you recommend? The car feels really squirmy and unstable at top speeds. Would love to get that fixed. Thanks for all the help.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
305/35/20 NT555RII and 4.10s (295/35/20 another option if stock wheels scare you to go 305).
Return the toyos unless you enjoy fast cornering. If you do I defer to Pete above.
The gears make the car more fun especially low speed/off boost.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What suspension mods do you recommend? The car feels really squirmy and unstable at top speeds. Would love to get that fixed. Thanks for all the help.
Panhard rod and support plus LCA and no high speed issue on a street friendly Nitto DR.
I enjoyed my car the first year just gears drag radials and pump gas tune.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread